Sign in to follow this  
ZXrage

Supertest: T77 and T42

120mm Gun T77
T77 and T42

62DAq0E.jpg

The T77 was a sister project to the T57 heavy, instead mounting the same 120mm autoloading gun and turret combo on the T43 (prototype M48) chassis with reduced armor. I cannot for the life of me figure out why this is a medium tank but the T54E2 (Renegade) is classified as a heavy, especially since US nomenclature dictated that tanks be classified by their guns which is why the M103 was a heavy gun tank (120) and the M48 was a medium gun tank (90-105). Would also help with the T57 lacking a premium of the same crew layout.

The hard stats of the gun are decent, the soft stats are meh. 360 alpha, 3 shots in the mag, 2 second intraclip, ~35 seconds interclip. should be an interesting autoloader, at the very least more usable than the Bourrasque's gun. I'm sad they didn't keep the DPM advantage of the T57, it makes it a unique autoloader.

bmD6iSA.jpg

Also they released the T42, which is essentially a mix between the T69 and M46 Patton (the top turret of the M46 is from the T42 project). Certainly the less interesting of the two.

Posted (edited)

Yikes, seems like a similar reload time to the Somua SM but only 2/3rds of the clip potential.

Wait that actually might mean its balanced.

Edited by PityFool

T42 looks like an utterly pointless tank, no clue why they are wasting their time on yet another 90 mm single shot US medium, especially when it literally has nothing new over something like TL-1. I guess it's historical so that's cool I guess.

T77 has stupidly fast clip reload so it can shit out 1k damage in 4 seconds, but that full magazine reload seems...ouch. I guess that's the gimmick - shit out damage super fast, but then have a crippled reload to balance. A shame that its yet another decent standard vehicle candidate wasted as a premium tank; it could've been either part of a minibranch (with MT autoloaders) or you could've put this as tier 9 at the place of T54E1 (make it basically a tier 9 T57), downtier T54E1 at tier 8 with 320-360 alpha and appropriate gun stats and maybe make T69 work at tier 7. Alternate tier 10 to T57 would've also worked but WG has scrapped the idea of alternate tier 10s, so eh.

A crew trainer that is in line with the autoloader branch is nice and all, but wouldn't it work better as a HT if that was it's purpose? It was IRL a MT for sure, yes, but so was the T54E1 and it was redesigned as a HT to fit the line better.

4 hours ago, leggasiini said:

A shame that its yet another decent standard vehicle candidate wasted as a premium tank; it could've been either part of a minibranch (with MT autoloaders) or you could've put this as tier 9 at the place of T54E1 (make it basically a tier 9 T57), downtier T54E1 at tier 8 with 320-360 alpha and appropriate gun stats and maybe make T69 work at tier 7. Alternate tier 10 to T57 would've also worked but WG has scrapped the idea of alternate tier 10s, so eh.

Why bother finding modules, modeling stock turrets and guns to make something that most people are not going to pay for when you can instead sell it for the price of (2/3rd to full) a AAA game that will sell loads because of a gimmick, being overpowered or the third Tuesday of the month. Wouldn't surprise me if more than half the tanks in the games were premiums at this point.

1 hour ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

so much wasted tech tree potential being dumped into premiums 

that being said its quite interesting that WG sometimes still seems to be pulling tanks from this list rather than just making shit up

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Upcoming_tanks

They still have a penchant for making shit up (Bourrasque, Lorr 50t, EBR 105) 

It got rebalanced in CT for 1.10:

Tier: MT-8, USA, premium
Engine: 800 hp 700 hp
Mass: 49,00 t   50,33 t
Power-to-weight: 16,33 hp / t   13,91 hp / t
Hull turning speed: 33,0 °/s   43,81 °/s
View range: 380 m   400 m

Gun: 120 mm Gun T179 in Mount 169

Alpha Damage: 360 / 360 / 460   400 / 400 / 515
Penetration: 215 / 270 / 60   198 / 280 / 60 mm
Rate of fire: 4,451   4,78 rounds/minute
Damage per minute: 1 602,4   1 913
Shells in autoloader: 3 rds.   5 rounds
Reload time between autoloader shells: 2,0 s   3,7 s
Complete reload time: 36,438 s   47,94 s
Accuracy at 100 m: 0,355   0,36
Aiming time: 2,21 s   2,78 s

Now the autoloader is terrible to use. Nerfed gun stats, 5 shots of 400, almost 4 seconds of intraclip, ~45 seconds of interclip. There's not much going for it other than the burst (you can kill most tier 9 tanks in one go). I really don't know what WG is doing to this tank (besides the standard pen nerf/prem pen buff, that one's clear as day)

Wait this is moronic. Big Clip + Huge Intraclip = the autoloader only works if you yolo and want to ruin someone's day. So this is a t8 tank with a 2000hp autoloader but one that takes ages to unload. So essentially load heat, yolo 2 tanks and die. CG you have 2000 dpg. Purple stats but still shit. 

1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

Wait this is moronic. Big Clip + Huge Intraclip = the autoloader only works if you yolo and want to ruin someone's day. So this is a t8 tank with a 2000hp autoloader but one that takes ages to unload. So essentially load heat, yolo 2 tanks and die. CG you have 2000 dpg. Purple stats but still shit. 

The problem with yolo'ing in is that it will take ages to unload your clip. People could manage it with Char Futur because it can at least move but this takes the autoloader shit cake for trying to mag dump. I think people have forgotten what a clown fiesta the 50 100 is with clip dumping and now you'll get to do it again but you have to pay for it first

6 hours ago, ZXrage said:

The problem with yolo'ing in is that it will take ages to unload your clip. People could manage it with Char Futur because it can at least move but this takes the autoloader shit cake for trying to mag dump. I think people have forgotten what a clown fiesta the 50 100 is with clip dumping and now you'll get to do it again but you have to pay for it first

This is what i am saying. Its bad for good players. Its good for I YOLO PURPLE morons.

To be fair, if you yolo in and clip out a Leopard 1 or Prog 65 with AP and then die you'll probably have a positive WR, earn credits, and be back in the garage in 90 seconds.  Thats probably worth a few bucks amIright

CT Update again: They changed it back to its previous version. 3 shots, 360 a pop. I honestly would have liked a 3-round burst of 400 and a ~30 second reload as long as this was a HT. The autoloader line really needs a premium.