Sign in to follow this  
Fire_Hive

Medium 1v1s

So, I finally got the T-54, thanks to the On Track event, but unfortunately I will have to grind the good gun until patch 8.8 comes (in which I will get 25k free xp + 24k stocked xp and shorten the grind to 10k xp). Last night my first match put me on airfield as top tier (hehe, WG mm) facing a GKC platoon on the other team.

Towards the end of the match I 1v1 the GKC E-50: tracked him but he reps and shoots me so I trie to side hug him but that doesn't end too well cuz I lack engine/tracks so I try to track him again but end up penning his LFP. He backs up and shoots me but a timely angle bounces his shot, I bounce him and then he tracks me finishing me off.

I end up losing the 1v1 cuz he tracked me and I had used the rep kit to fix my ammo rack (safe stowage might be necessary for this tank). I was using the LB-1 too so the outcome might have been a bit different. Is the T-54 the uncontested tier 9 medium brawler in 1v1 situations or are there any other meds I should worry about? Tips on playing a semi stock T-54 are welcome.

P.S.: facts regarding the battle might be out of order but it went something like that, not at home to post replay but that's besides the point.

1v1 under brawling conditions is pretty inconsequential since it's very rare and if you're in a 1v1 situation you normally don't want to risk brawling but instead abuse your incredible camo values + speed to sneak up on your opponent and kill them without being initially spotted and having cover. Still, to answer your question as it is, T-54 fully upgraded with HEAT wins in most brawling 1v1 situations against other meds.

-Frontal hull bounces many medium non-premium shells and it has the agility to rapidly angle its frontal armor to aid this

-Very small, making it hard for a tank like the E-50 to shoot anywhere but its turret if you're in at close range

-Tracks absorb HEAT shells a lot, it's a Russian medium

-DPM mows down competition, being significantly higher than any others except the E-50's more powerful final gun (still over 100 higher) and the M46's gun (only ~75 lower and has better handling)

Only conditions it would be at a disadvantage would be in an area with lots of hilly cover against someone with higher alpha and gun depression (the first being everyone, the second being most) running around, to deny the T-54 the ability to firing immediately upon reloading and give it trouble finding shots due to having to be on flat ground or hull angled down to get a shot. The K3/4 area on Pearl River is specifically what I have in mind.

Hmmm, interesting observation. Will take note of that next time I play it. *shudders at the thought of an under gunned 54 running around in tier 9/10*

But yeah, I was fighting the E-50 at the south spawn cap on level ground, coming from the T-44 the T-54 with out the top engine/tracks feels a bit sluggish so I can't abuse the agility as much as I'd like but I guess it could be worse.

Hmmm, interesting observation. Will take note of that next time I play it. *shudders at the thought of an under gunned 54 running around in tier 9/10*

But yeah, I was fighting the E-50 at the south spawn cap on level ground, coming from the T-44 the T-54 with out the top engine/tracks feels a bit sluggish so I can't abuse the agility as much as I'd like but I guess it could be worse.

if you don't have maneueverability, then try just using the camo as agaagamammamemeomneon said so.

I tend to lean on the E-50 for 1v1 ability (ramming dramatically increases the DPM, and the high hp + great-vs-low-tanks armor works well) but the T-54 is incredibly powerful at it, too. Just... drop the LB-1 asap. There's no way you're soloing someone with that, even with APCR spam. Gotta play conservative with that bad of a weapon.

Yeah, at least I have 90% camo on my crew, swapped them over from my T-44 *sobs quietly*. So i guess I'll have to play it a scout and bully low tiers if i'm still alive close to the end of the match. I'm gonna have to take flanking to the next level with the LB-1

Yeah, at least I have 90% camo on my crew, swapped them over from my T-44 *sobs quietly*. So i guess I'll have to play it a scout and bully low tiers if i'm still alive close to the end of the match. I'm gonna have to take flanking to the next level with the LB-1

Late game T-54 is a monster due to finishing ability (high ROF/speed/armor) basically scare enemies into a bounce and then you shoot dem.

kinda like a AMX13 90 is late game