Sign in to follow this  
ZXrage

New Battle Communication System

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/update-1-10-battle-communication/

Instead of the 6-wheel command and map ping spamming, WG are trying out more refined communication that's more specific, like pre-game pinging of where you'll go or if you're gonna respond to someone's push for an attack. My only reservations are that it's kind of too much at once and I doubt a lot of these will be used frequently anyway (a good chunk of pubs don't use or respond to pings).

I tend to block a lot of people for over pinging. I don't have a lot of hope for a system giving even more ways to annoy people. But in theory it might help.

55 minutes ago, Ezz said:

I tend to block a lot of people for over pinging. I don't have a lot of hope for a system giving even more ways to annoy people. But in theory it might help.

I think they're gonna cap the pings you can do. So if you ping you're going to a location it stays there for a while and you can't ping until it disappears

I ping a part of the map every 20s on average but without verbal coms you can't determine what a map ping means (somebody's there, you should go there, you need to rotate etc) and that's not clear enough. Having stuff like "push with me, group up, pre-aim here and other meaningful ways of actually non-verbally being able to explain something that the reciever can understand, EU server everyone deffo can't speak english for example - huge teamplay barrier not being able to talk to each other so you can only react to what they are doing because if you initiate they might not follow up (this is the biggest mistake I see blues do, every goddamn game)

"Pre-aim here" <- instead of map pinging a normally obvious pre-aim, esp if they ping the bush to spot it too then that's a clearer point that can made out in client language

• Turn pings off - sometimes all 14 of your teammates combined do less than do you and still flame you efter, people are salty gamers and when pings are spammed that aren't actually helpful in raising awareness in regards to something -> they are white noise you want to shut out.. not a great option to do IMO but you should be allowed to be.
  • Extending "Defend the base" to something "Resetting/Someone else needs to reset"-ish as they are different enough to miscommunicate through pings
  • "Tree Fell" - Obvious, but let's you communicate certain movement instead of anticipated movement
  • "Winnable fight"
  • Making a tracked target in the marked with T read as immobilised target (external module, so visible to anyone)
  • Defensive things like "Kite", "Play on vision", "Find their lights" 
  • "Need more information to make a play" (tell your whole team in client language that you need them to adjust)
  • "I get spotted firing from here" + "I don't get spotted from firing here" <- let's you figure out what bushes are being used - super useful to have that info cross-map and out of render

Ofc, bad people can't read chat as they play so these things even if implemented wouldn't be used right outside of good CW teams. 

2 hours ago, CandyVanMan said:

1 hour ago, Madner Kami said:

A bit of in-game chat banter or calling your team idiots is probably fine, but telling someone to off themself or death threats are probably where I'd draw the line for what actual toxic chat looks like. It's just a game, fellas

10 hours ago, ZXrage said:

A bit of in-game chat banter or calling your team idiots is probably fine, but telling someone to off themself or death threats are probably where I'd draw the line for what actual toxic chat looks like. It's just a game, fellas

kys

Well, now its no longer possible to whine against other team (or give away position of arty *cough*) i dont use chat much, and when i say something, hardly any respons also (and very few real rage either, no more: last time the jews, next time the turks etc)

Love being able to ping specific locations, and being able to indicate your flank could be theoretically useful. Unfortunately it stays on the screen forever if you interact with it. No one else uses it either so it's a waste, and the few that do don't use the built-in flanks and'll happily place their own ten meters away.

The UI clutter in this update is more annoying though. I really don't need the enemy base highlighted on-screen for the entire match.

9 hours ago, Rexxie said:

The UI clutter in this update is more annoying though. I really don't need the enemy base highlighted on-screen for the entire match.

The base thing seems positive though, i even had ppl defend the cap!!

And you can also (from everywhere on the map) select the flag icon and tag it for defend, if ppl also respond is a second, but it does no harm i think

edit: you can only hove your mouse on it, not tag ot for attack / defend