Basically they are making it into a less inferior Super Conq.  Nice DPM buff, some soft stats improved, fixed the drive wheel hitbox so it cannot be permatracked and farmed to death by Tier 5s anymore.  Tumor is still tumor.

well it dosent replace the super conq, in fact the super conq in all aspects other than speed is still better. 

but it at least makes the E5 more of a threat/more playable as a tank. instead of just being a worthless XP farm like it is on Live. 

tbh thats sort of how i fell about all of these buffs. None of them make the E100/IS-4/E5 meta per say, or even among best in class. But rather just make them more able to hold their own in a game rather than just being blatantly out classed by everything and feel like XP pinatas.

While Id still much rather see nerfs to the newer tanks and slowing down of power creep, Im highly doubting Ill be getting my wish so I guess its at least nice that they are finally giving some sort of love to older tanks.

My fear is making the E5 too sameish to the SC. But when I think about it, other than just making it faster, how CAN they buff it so its not made more sameish to a tank that has more armour, more DPM, and better gun handling, when gun handling and DPM were originally the E5s strong suits...

Dammit to me it still feels like things need nerfs because in my mind, the E5s current power level is what they SHOULD be aiming for in terms of vehicle balance, when instead its currently basically a tier 9.5...

the E5 is good now and let me explain why. i played 15 games in the E5 on test and averaged 4.7k dpg because the gun is that good now.

E5 strengths over SC:

• Superior frontal armor profile IF you can hide the cupola
  • More mobile by a fair bit
  • Less susceptible to getting fucked by artillery
  • Significantly better bloom values on turret turn (0.06 vs 0.10, the same as IS-7)

SC strengths over E5:

• An extra degree of gun depression
  • More accurate, slightly faster firing
  • 200 more HP
  • Depending on situation, a better turret. I say it depends because I have no problems dealing with a hulldown SC. the same is true for the E5 unless he's making it hard to hit his cupola.

I didn't mention gold round because I personally prefer the E5's 340mm HEAT round in this current meta.

against anyone with more than 3 brain cell the SC turret is easily penned around the mantled with gold. The E5 doesn't have this problem except for literal pixel shots around the mantlet. the E5 does however have a big fat cupola which is the only thing keeping it from totally replacing the super conq.

fully kitted out (with exception of food which for some reason i can't add in tanks.gg) the E5 stats are:

Z0y2MFe.png

that's 38 DPM less than the SC, .09s slower reload, .2 less accuracy which is a lot but it has 0.04 turret bloom values which is godlike and 0.02 better (and .1 more accurate) than the king of snapshots, the M48.

and now against 340mm HEAT which is all that's being shot at tier 10:

ZoyBBfQ.png

7r3cSWx.png

TL;DR it still has the same problem it's always had sure, but if you can hide the weakspot your armor can't simply be swiss cheesed like the SC. not to mention decent mobility, a truly beautiful gun in the same league as the SC, and much better snapshot capabilities than the SC.

1 hour ago, RC_Tank said:

SC strengths over E5:

• Two extra degrees of gun depression

Sorry, it bothered me.

I still stand by the fact that they should make the E5 more mobile (40 forward/15 backward). The 277 has a better reverse speed, goddamnit. Other than that it's still an inferior heavy to SConq, but they should now be about comparable as tanks because the E5 has its trollish armor and (should have) more mobility

14 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

None of them make the E100/IS-4/E5 meta per say, or even among best in class. But rather just make them more able to hold their own in a game rather than just being blatantly out classed by everything and feel like XP pinatas. 

I think that's pretty good, and certainly what I would prefer to be the case, rather than them being overbuffed so that they become the new meta flavour. All tanks, but especially tier 10 tanks, you should feel that when you take them out and know how to play them to their strengths, that you can do well. On that basis, this round of buffs seem okay, especially for the E100 (the only one of them in my garage) - the 128 gun buffs suggest it could be an interesting alternative style of gameplay, and the turret face buffs mean at least you won't always be lol-penned by 340 HEAT unless you angle perfectly, which is the most annoying thing about playing it. That seems pretty sensible to me.

The previous buffed E5 wouldn't even be considered OP among the current tier 10 tanks.  Wargaming just needed to return the E5 to the pre nerf stats and leave it alone.

On 7/14/2020 at 10:14 PM, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

well it dosent replace the super conq, in fact the super conq in all aspects other than speed is still better. 

but it at least makes the E5 more of a threat/more playable as a tank. instead of just being a worthless XP farm like it is on Live. 

tbh thats sort of how i fell about all of these buffs. None of them make the E100/IS-4/E5 meta per say, or even among best in class. But rather just make them more able to hold their own in a game rather than just being blatantly out classed by everything and feel like XP pinatas.

I think the IS-4 is going to be pretty strong. It now has super heavy hull armour with hull down heavy turret armour, super heavy HP, but normal heavy mobility and a much better gun. 

If it parks at the right angle then you can bounce a lot of standard tier 10, which means people will have to sling HEAT at it, and hull down it's up there at being resistant to premium spam, some pixel shots on the cheeks and turret ring. 

Anyone firing standard ammo or lower tiers, it's going to be able to shrug off and bully pretty easily, whilst it can hold it's own in a HEAT battle with it's better turret armour, DPM and gun handling, plus it's 2.5k HP. 

------------------------------

As for the E5, well they have pretty much brought the gun in line with the SC, they are pretty much close enough so I suppose it's basically a trade between better turret armour or more mobility. I still think the E5 should do about 40kph and have a 15kph reverse so it's more clear cut, but it should be more fun to play. 

People should also remember the E5 is way more agile than the SC so you can wiggle and re-angle your armour, plus it's smaller and more troll when it's in the open, making it easier to brawl and bully people IMO. Because it's lower plate is quite troll, especially if you only have like 220 ish pen, whereas tier 5s can go through that giant SC lower plate. 

E5 will absolutely shred lower tiers now, but still suffer in the those tier 10 meta battles because people will reliably pen you in the turret but you won't pen them, which is still the issue.