kolni

[FREE] Replay Reviews - 3 Games per Player

RULES

• 3 games per player (you’ll need a forum account to post your replays here). 

• Forum accounts need 5+ posts and positive karma to be eligible

• Tier 9/10 only - No LTs or arties

• No Ranked Battles or Grand Battles

• Can be any type of game (carries, derps and in-betweens) but the games you take most from are where you are under pressuree and struggle in general with what to do. Same tank all 3 games and within a short time frame is what I would prefer. Cherrypicking great games gives you advice less relevant for you but you can also do things like 3 really tricky games in 3 different tanks.. you choose what you submit. 

• All submissions fulfilling the reqs until end of July will be accepted, all skill levels are welcome and I will do my best to adjust 

• FRESH GAMES. When you link them here, a quick rundown of what you were thinking throughout the game helps me a lot and most importantly gives you some footing to look back to after the review, 

• Recording tempo will be one per day until people either stop posting in which I’ll allow someone that already posted (first come first serve of the already reviewed) , to post 3 more. (New players get prioritity) One player gets 6 replays at most. If I don’t have anything left in the work queue I might go over my own gameplay. 

• I will post the reviews in this thread and quote /tag the players. 

” End of July is just when I won’t take on more replays, those still left to do will obviously be done as I have weeks of time after to do so

this’ll kick off thursdsy and I’ll hard cap it at 20 submlsslons

Got some free time again (handed everything in for the year to move forward next semester) and while visiting parents during this week and next I have close to nothing on my schedule until the very end of July and as hand is still healing an hour or so less of use by talking the time to do these might not be so bad.

I also found my Blue Yeti at my parents place and finally bought.the right USB port slot for it’s broken cord, now with a mic that doesn’t sound like trash I might just install an extra client with different graphic settings to improve the video quality overall. (Anyone to confirm that this works so you don’t hsve to reset graphics/clientside every time playing after having recorded beforehsnd? I’m guessing yes if you just run the replsys through a game on another drive? If someone knows please answer so I don’t have to try it and fail)

Still super casual on the fly analysis, just better looking and sounding. Might consider trying some small editing stuff depending on how time consuming this gets. (Currently thinking about borderless capture and a transparent drawing tool live (not having to follow mouse cursor (as it is normally too small for people to notice you pointing places m in game) and some similar stuff like basically being able to stratsketch the in game minimap.

hmu if you know how this could work! 

yun9#9973 or PM here, or post the replays in the thread

Just want to add that @kolni's reviews helped me improve those last few steps when I felt like I had hit a brick wall, and he goes into very specific detail as to what you did wrong, questioning decision-making and really understanding 'why' you should/shouldn't be making certain plays. It's very easy to stagnate in this game and kolni recognizes (depending on your level) what is holding you back and helps address it.

I'd definitely recommend taking him up on this offer.

Hey kolni, I play the Leo 1 a lot (favorite tank and hope to 3-mark it one day) so I'd really appreciate the replay reviews. Surprisingly enough I played these 3 games in a row, One good, one bad, and one where a bunch of nothing happens (imo)

Replay 1: Leopard 1, Highway, Standard (North Spawn)

Very heavy lineup, so I decided to lurk in the fields and try not to get caught out by a stray spotter. Nobody contested the NW corner so I ran it down to chase whatever base defenders they had. Unfortunately we lost city so I had to cap it out so we wouldn't lose.

Replay 2: Leopard 1, Arctic Region, Standard (South Spawn)

Did the usual spotting run and got some good early damage in. Noticed we had no backline sniper so I stayed on the perch while my team evaporated. I'm wondering if there was something else I could have done here so I would get more use.

Replay 3: Leopard 1, Kharkov, Standard (South Spawn)

Noticed there were a lot of mediums and squishies so I decided to be aggressive. I lurked around the brawling hill until I found a way to break out and moved to a new position to do more spotting/damage. Ended up 2nd in damage (I got outfarmed by the other Leo 1 on our team) but top on XP.

6 hours ago, ZXrage said:

Hey kolni, I play the Leo 1 a lot (favorite tank and hope to 3-mark it one day) so I'd really appreciate the replay reviews. Surprisingly enough I played these 3 games in a row, One good, one bad, and one where a bunch of nothing happens (imo)

Very heavy lineup, so I decided to lurk in the fields and try not to get caught out by a stray spotter. Nobody contested the NW corner so I ran it down to chase whatever base defenders they had. Unfortunately we lost city so I had to cap it out so we wouldn't lose.

Did the usual spotting run and got some good early damage in. Noticed we had no backline sniper so I stayed on the perch while my team evaporated. I'm wondering if there was something else I could have done here so I would get more use.

Noticed there were a lot of mediums and squishies so I decided to be aggressive. I lurked around the brawling hill until I found a way to break out and moved to a new position to do more spotting/damage. Ended up 2nd in damage (I got outfarmed by the other Leo 1 on our team) but top on XP.

Will go through them

8 hours ago, ZXrage said:

I think they may be private? I can't see them.

@ZXrage 

streamlabs keeps bugging out and no matter my onboard volume on music (media player at 2% and tanks at 5% of volume and this still happens) it refuses to go down so it's a bit louder than i wanted but you should be able to hear me loud and clear at least, hope you don't mind trance music and loud as fuck gun shots