Rexxie

WZ-111G FT (T9 TD)

Anyone play through this? I'm just starting the stock grind. For anyone who hasn't played it, it's a tall 704 with a 250 UFP, heavy HP, and 395 HEAT instead of 329 APCR. It's also the only T9 TD with 1100 HE rounds. This and the T4 are probably the only reason you'd grind the CN TDs!

Saw a couple positive comments in the chinese TD thread and wanted to see if there was any other opinions. What equipment are you guys running? Can see a case for a lot of options because of how comfy the aimtime is.

After playing some turretless tds last weeks, i`d say: they all suk dik (including e25, ISU and 704)

3/4 of the time its either: fast aiming tanks pop up, shoot and retreat, ppl dumping a clip, or someone with a strong turret tanking everything. In all 3 cases, tds are crap.

I do ``grind`` the t7 td, but will probably stop there, not even gonna bother

i think this tank is highly underrated 

basically a better 704 in almost every way aside from speed, which IMO is the only really major downside it has. mostly because chasing down dmg in those fast games can be impossible. 

Hmm, compared to 704, it has sligly less bloom and faster aim time (and less speed) so the gun handling should be better, with also 1 deg more gun arc (12/12 instead of 11/11)

a bit less camo though, but dunno, u do get much more armour also...

Its a better brawler for sure, but that shell velocity is as bad the waffle panzer's top 15cm gun. I wouldn't want to try and hit moving targets at range with it.

15 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

After playing some turretless tds last weeks, i`d say: they all suk dik (including e25, ISU and 704)

3/4 of the time its either: fast aiming tanks pop up, shoot and retreat, ppl dumping a clip, or someone with a strong turret tanking everything. In all 3 cases, tds are crap.

I do ``grind`` the t7 td, but will probably stop there, not even gonna bother

Jtiger works because the prem shell is fast and the gun is accurate and fast firing.

13 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

i think this tank is highly underrated 

basically a better 704 in almost every way aside from speed, which IMO is the only really major downside it has. mostly because chasing down dmg in those fast games can be impossible. 

It's only underrated because people don't know about the stupid shoulder/side weakspot

18 hours ago, echo9835 said:

Its a better brawler for sure, but that shell velocity is as bad the waffle panzer's top 15cm gun. I wouldn't want to try and hit moving targets at range with it.

why do you need to hit moving targets when you can sit at one end of a corridor and farm everything that strays into your LoS

the only TD worth playing in this line. 
Yeah I know the T6 (i think it was) is also OK, but who counts stuff below T8 anyway? T8 techtree tank is pure dog shit and T10 is boring bushwanker. But this thing is a bushwanker with a T10 TD gun. 395 HEAT is just unnecessary but that makes it fun. 

I blueprinted it, cos what else am I going to use those for.

It certainly has it's moments, it was QB of all people that actually highlighted it to me. When you are top tier and there are a hug amount of tier 9s then you can quite easily play assault TD, but against lots of tier 10s you more have to play support as your armour doesn't work, especially with all the HEAT slung about.

I mean it's still completely awkward, it's a turretless slow TD, but I think what makes it work is the gun is good, you don't have terrible bloom or aim time for 750 alpha. Plus it is basically tier 10 standard but on tier 9, you have 395mm HEAT for the lols, and also 1.1k HE which means you can smack hull down people for like 400 - 450 most of the time. 

After reading this, having nothing better to play, I bought this TD for giggles. It isn't as bad as I thought it would be. It can bounce when people can't aim/hit or you can hide your lower front plate. But unless whoever you're fighting is dumb, you will only bounce one shell and the next will be gold, penning your flat armor every time. I take a good amount of HE as well to shit on hull-down heroes.

What does my head in is the shell velocity. Gun is accurate enough, when shooting unsuspecting immobile tanks or tanks up close, but if you ever manage to hit an EBR-105 at long range you should praise whatever unholy power you've made a deal with and sacrifice another animal/virgin immediately.

it doesn't match up against Tort/JT/WT4 IMO but outside Tort no tier 9 TD is even close to S-tier, B-tier at best. I think this one's above the average cut simply because of the HEAT mitigating very much of the armour it comes up against as a HEAT round at this pen laughs at most armour profiles mitigating much of gun handling or positioning issues to get damaging shots off. 

I like the tier 10 as well, it's a giant box with unreliable armour as shit to the point where relying on it means dying a lot but, they don't feel great but also not as bad as you'd expect them to coming into the game. 

750 alpha makes 5 connecting shots a decent to basically anyone - this sounds easier than it is or people'd be spamming TDs - but with close to 400 HEAT and some HP to use you can poke your way into a very easy game a lot of the time if you give it patience

Is it good for carrying? No lol go play something with a turret

On 8/6/2020 at 2:23 AM, kolni said:

it doesn't match up against Tort/JT/WT4 IMO but outside Tort no tier 9 TD is even close to S-tier, B-tier at best. I think this one's above the average cut simply because of the HEAT mitigating very much of the armour it comes up against as a HEAT round at this pen laughs at most armour profiles mitigating much of gun handling or positioning issues to get damaging shots off. 

I like the tier 10 as well, it's a giant box with unreliable armour as shit to the point where relying on it means dying a lot but, they don't feel great but also not as bad as you'd expect them to coming into the game. 

750 alpha makes 5 connecting shots a decent to basically anyone - this sounds easier than it is or people'd be spamming TDs - but with close to 400 HEAT and some HP to use you can poke your way into a very easy game a lot of the time if you give it patience

Is it good for carrying? No lol go play something with a turret

T95 with new turbocharger and fast repair is also really damn good since it can't be permatracked and it goes 24kph.

So I've just finished grinding this. 90 games, 53.33% win rate, 2,324 DPG with 421 average assist.

As I've been commenting elsewhere, I actually really like it. It has excellent gun handling for a 750-alpha strike meaning it does very well in brawls and/or second-line support. Derpy shell velocity does mean that it is a poor sniper and it should not be used as such. The armour is very weak to gold and high-pen AP rounds but will troll quite a lot of people and can be used to bully when top tier if you can hide the lower plate (or if people just panic).

Stock grind is okay, as the stock gun is the top gun from the tier 8 which has respectable alpha and gun handling, but the top gun really makes this tank. Standard rounds are very serviceable, you get 395-pen HEAT which is just ridiculous for those times when you don't want to aim, and a very nice HE round which lets you do fun things like one-shot paper tier 8 tanks/tank destroyers or take 500-HP chunks out of hull down tanks like Chieftans, Super-Conqs and mediums.

Running Rammer in the firepower slot, Hardening for the extra HP and track-module health (very useful) and IRM for the further gun handling buff and improved traverse speed.

Yes, it won't win you a lot of games consistently but it's actually fun. The damage stats for me are pretty amazing, more or less best in the tier (better than the T-10 and Object 430, my best performers for a long time), the only tier 9 I have in which I perform better is the Leo PTA. Win rate is obviously pretty crappy, but given it's a casemate TD, and I generally suck at TDs, this feels pretty amazing.

Highly recommend.