ZXrage

Equipment 2.0 Builds

Is putting a Low Noise Exhaust  on an ELC EVEN just putting a hat on a hat? Was toying with LNES, CVS, and Bounty Optics for pure vision burning stealth memes as I grind out my  Battle Pass points.

Went with IOpt, IVents and CVS for ranked. Quite a few times i'd be driving around, spot something, assume i'd be spotted back, but wasn't getting lit. It really was noticable.

6 hours ago, ikitai said:

Is putting a Low Noise Exhaust  on an ELC EVEN just putting a hat on a hat? Was toying with LNES, CVS, and Bounty Optics for pure vision burning stealth memes as I grind out my  Battle Pass points.

I never ran with camp net in my EVEN and I still only really got lit in proxy while bushed.

I would personally take the double optics + binos over increasing camo just to fuck over bushes even more. I exist to be cancer, not to be effective.

The build options on the EVEN now were almost enough to get me attempting to play again on my geriatric computer. Optics, Binos, CVS or Optics, CVS, exhaust were my first thoughts. Be interesting to see if binos outperform CVS with optics and Vents in the other two slots.

The low noise exhaust will allow for some previously unheard of cheeky shit in the EVEN. If only I needed a new computer for some reason other than WoT...

LNE is a waste on the EVEN. Put on a turbo so you can actually stay alive in an EBR meta. 

LNE however is godly on the EBR75 - because nothing at tier 8 has VR and you only then get spotted when you wish

AMX 13 105 does best for me with optics, vstab and turbo. I run bond equipment on that, but if you don't just put the optics in the slot. It leans into the mobile assassins' role. If you get that game without EBRs and T-100s, sure do some spotting. Otherwise, you just need VR to protect your space and enable your gun. 

And don't play the WZ-132-1. Don't let WG steal precious minutes of your life with that cruel joke. I have one in garage, hoping for a buff one day!

Has anybody figured out if Modified Configuration is worth running on any tanks tier 8-10? I got one from tank rewards and am wondering if I should just sell it for the 300k creds or if it's worth holding on to.

Very useful if you have a 279. For me a must have for this tank. 

It is the only equipment with another perk besides the statsboost like repair speed etc. 
Note: Prevents one fuel tank fire, ammo rack explosion, and engine destruction in a battle upon the destruction of these modules.

Not losing your head in a 279 is priceless. 

And even without 279 it is worth a try with slow assault TDs like T95 or Tort. If the enemy can´t perma track you they will scream in anger. 

On 11/18/2020 at 3:52 PM, metljoe said:

Has anybody figured out if Modified Configuration is worth running on any tanks tier 8-10? I got one from tank rewards and am wondering if I should just sell it for the 300k creds or if it's worth holding on to.

The point at which Modified Configuration becomes viable on your average tank is when you can no longer have your ammorack damaged by any one shell. Your ammorack will get damaged as soon as its module HP is lower than the "repaired module hp" stat on that module. 

Unfortunately this requires stat hunting. Some tanks have a really hard time achieving this. Others have no problems at all. For example, a Chrysler (280 ammorack hp, 190 repaired ammorack hp) with Modified Configuration basically wont get ammorack damaged ever again. A Liberte (250 ammorack hp, 200 repaired ammorack hp) needs Modified Config, Safe Stowage, and the Safe Stowage Directive to achieve the same thing.

Yeah the mod config is mandatory on a 279e. I actually splurged on the bond version of that because I have more bonds than I know what to do with...

Is almost everyone using FOOD these days?

I tried to change my good old Optics-VStab-Rammer setup on some tanks, and without food it's not working for me. Tanks either go blind or gun becomes awful.

Seems like food is prerequisite for experimenting? :D

Food is really necessary too do any vision plays without optics, yeah. It kind of sucks, but most meds cannot afford to experiment :(

The only tier 10 med I changed is BatChat. It now has VStab+IRM+Optics. It has a bit less VR compared to a setup with Vents, but I'm gonna scout less and try to be an ass-assassin.

I'm now going thru my heavies. And still, only one or two might get new equipment. I might give Maus and E100 some Improved Hardening.

Does Maus with Optics, Rammer and Hardening sound threatening? I like my sweet view range. <3

8 hours ago, Rexxie said:

Food is really necessary too do any vision plays without optics, yeah. It kind of sucks, but most meds cannot afford to experiment :(

Mediums and vision plays, what is this madness?

I typically don't run vision setups on most of my mediums, because I platoon a lot and also the meds I solo all have full improved, 6 skill crews and food, for high 400s VR without optics.

22 hours ago, Bobi_Kreeg said:

The only tier 10 med I changed is BatChat. It now has VStab+IRM+Optics. It has a bit less VR compared to a setup with Vents, but I'm gonna scout less and try to be an ass-assassin.

I'm now going thru my heavies. And still, only one or two might get new equipment. I might give Maus and E100 some Improved Hardening.

Does Maus with Optics, Rammer and Hardening sound threatening? I like my sweet view range. <3

on some tanks dropping vents for turbo is imo a good trade (E5, IS4)

Might also be worth it on Super Conq and M48

3 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

on some tanks dropping vents for turbo is imo a good trade (E5, IS4)

Might also be worth it on Super Conq and M48

M48 can easily drop VS for turbo, third slot can be optics or vents 

On 11/29/2020 at 1:58 AM, Bobi_Kreeg said:

It's likely not an optimal setup, but I have been running this setup and still doing pretty well in it. I still feel tempted to try it with a turbo, but have held off for now because I'm sort of poor.

Generally I feel mediums find it tougher to drop one of the Vstab-Optics-Rammer setups, especially without food, as the mobility category of equipment is generally not that strong, with only Turbo being outstanding and even then only if you are the type of player that can leverage better speed beyond just getting somewhere at the start quicker. Vents is the main alternate choice as it gets a bonus in the mobility slot.

I'm stingy and play without food, so most of my tanks have kept the above set-up too. Tanks that benefited most from Equipment 2.0 in a broad sense, in my opinion, were assault TDs (many good options, including IRM and Hardening) and lights (option of going full vision or maximising gun performance). Otherwise, the tank needs to have a clear weakness to be nullified or a clear strength to be leveraged to really get funky while still being somewhat optimal when running solo - good example is the M48 which has good enough gun handling that it can drop the Vstab and gets a very big benefit from running Turbo in the mobility slot.

7 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

CVS/Optics/Binos is a fucking retarded set-up and is the only way one can enjoy playing the british lights.

I run the GSOR with CVS/Optics/Turbo, and the Manticore with CVS/Optics/VS.

Haven't played in ages.

iVents/iRammer/iVstab still the holy trinity on the vast majority Tier X meta tanks?

6 hours ago, Sapros said:

Haven't played in ages.

iVents/iRammer/iVstab still the holy trinity on the vast majority Tier X meta tanks?

Not entirely. The new equipment has opened up possibilities. You could run hardening on your entire push force for the extra HP. You could run turbo if you need to rush a map spot in a crucial tank. The EBR can run CVS or LNES depending on whether it’s an open or bushy map. 

What are you running on the STB-1?

Just got it and it plays a lot differently then the Type 61 for me.

I feel it needs Vents and Vstab for the gun to perform properly.

32 minutes ago, Tzeentech said:

Vents rammer vstab

Is IRM or GLD better for the WZ-120 FT? I honestly still havent figured it out after all this time swapping between the two

1 hour ago, ZXrage said:

Is IRM or GLD better for the WZ-120 FT? I honestly still havent figured it out after all this time swapping between the two

Both are options, depending on playstyle. A more aggressive player would likely mount IRM, Turbo, rammer. A more passive player GLD, rammer, vents or IAU.

3 hours ago, Tzeentech said:

I run improved vents, improved rammer, improved VStab for 4100 DPM

I tried vents but with my potato 3 skill crew I'm sitting at 412m viewrage.

I feel like this is not sufficient with the amount of TDs we are currently seeing on EU.