ZXrage

Equipment 2.0 Builds

17 minutes ago, Tzeentech said:

I tried vents but with my potato 3 skill crew I'm sitting at 412m viewrage.

I feel like this is not sufficient with the amount of TDs we are currently seeing on EU.

Do you run food? If you run vents and want VR you have to run food. Also consider using bounty or bond equipment.

On 12/4/2020 at 6:12 PM, Tzeentech said:

I tried vents but with my potato 3 skill crew I'm sitting at 412m viewrage.

I feel like this is not sufficient with the amount of TDs we are currently seeing on EU.

Food is a must in what players call "optimal" or "best" setups. Especially in a competitive environment, not using food is like swimming naked versus someone in a swimsuit and fins.

For randoms, and especially if you are solo f2p player, I can think of two medium tanks where you can drop optics and still do well. M48 and Centurion AX.

Centurion is solid with Vents/VertStab/Rammer

M48 is OK with Vents/Rammer/Turbo, but you can experiment more on this tank.

But standard setup of Optics/VStab/Rammer work too. And you get massive view ranges, and light up everything when you poke over a ridge. :)

I'm no F2P player haha.

I will try it with food and try the bounty vents laying around. I only have bond rammer atm which is on the 430U but I have 9k+ bonds which I could invest in something like Vstab and Vents to have a proper setup. 

I just thought it would work pretty well with standard equipment bc. as mentioned above I don't have limitless supply of improved equipment and I would rather mount that stuff on CW tanks (which I don't have at the moment due to meta changes).

Thoughts on Equipment for the Somua SM?  I previously ran Vents/Optics/Vstab. 

I run Hardening in almost all my heavies in Eq 2.0, but this plays more like a Medium, so don't think its as valuable here.  I think I either stick with what I had, or if I want to run IRM, I drop Vents and keep Optics to keep my View Range up?  Issue with that is I'm not taking advantage of the bonus slot, so could I drop Optics for IRM and run Vents in the slot, and just deal with the lower View Range?

1 hour ago, moogleslam said:

I run Hardening in almost all my heavies in Eq 2.0, but this plays more like a Medium, so don't think its as valuable here.  I think I either stick with what I had, or if I want to run IRM, I drop Vents and keep Optics to keep my View Range up?  Issue with that is I'm not taking advantage of the bonus slot, so could I drop Optics for IRM and run Vents in the slot, and just deal with the lower View Range?

I dont know how much hp it has but anything that can stop 4x390 or 5x320 from killing you most of the time is huge. 

7 hours ago, moogleslam said:

I think vents/stab/irm for a frugal build to get that sweet 30% bloom reduction, and ivents/istab/ioptics +vent purge for marking purposes.

The bloom/aimtime it has is pretty good in the first place, and it's got massive gun depression - this makes it less reliant on stacking stab/irm than something like the T77 which is otherwise so derpy that you will almost always miss 1/3 of each clip.

WBHt1cq.png

I'm not sure how useful the optics are, though - it's more like a useful bonus to light up camping TDs/MTs when you're clipping than something you actively leverage every game. 

I've been testing Grousers vs Turbo's flat mobility improvements. It's really hard to come up with a rule of thumb because so much of the mobility stats are hidden, especially the gearbox stats. I really hope someday we get a more complete set of mobility stats for tanks, because for now we can hardly compare tanks to each other, let alone how they are influenced by specific equipment.

With that said, testing it on a few fairly standard mediums (~18 hp/ton, ~1.3 terrain resist, ~60kmh top speed, medium terrain) gave me a very rough idea. When using only unboosted grousers, my tank was roughly 1.5 km/h faster than a stock vehicle by the time it accelerated to 50 km/h. Using unboosted turbo, my tank was roughly 2 km/h faster at that same point.

This isn't news, but at least I got a little more appreciation for turbo on most lights. Even without the slot bonus, they get significantly more out of it than almost any medium and, for a variety of factors, are the least impacted by the downsides of using them. I wouldn't be surprised if turbo on every light becomes meta as Equip 2.0 opinions become more set in stone, but time will tell.

On the other hand, the horsepower and terrain resistance lines on both pieces of equipment are very close to pointless if you scale them back down to what you'd expect on a heavy or slower med. Unfortunate, but at the same time these are the tanks where getting +4 kmh top speed or +15% traverse can be a much bigger deal than they are to a hovermed.

@SchnitzelTruck I was typing this in your status, but realized I wanted it in this thread to reply to @Rexxie as well.

I run turbo on nearly everything? Optics has come off nearly everything - I just platoon with good LT players and vision is now better than ever thanks to CVS, boosted optics or vents, LNE, etc. If you don't platoon with vision tanks, I have no idea. My general rationale is that relocation ability scales with skills. If you know where you want to be, and when, turbo helps make it happen. Here are some groups of things I run turbo on:

French MT & LTs get turbo in place of vents. Adding more mobility in both speed for cross map relocations, and acceleration for scooting out after a clip dump is the key here. Same goes for the Bourrasque and Bat25t and most people run it on the Prog46 as well. If you want to have your spike in place at the right time and drive away for free, turbo really helps. 

in garage with turbo: Bat25t, AMX 13 105, Bat25AP, AMX 13 90, AMX 13 57, AMX 13 75, Bourrasque, Bat12t

Sniper TDs if it's soft it needs to not be seen, and that means relocating quickly. So I run turbo. Also nice for cleanup when you win and need to leave your nest for those last few shots. I drop vision from these. As a bonus - turbo increases the siege mode movements in the Strvs - which is just awesome for peeking up and down faster or death creeping tanks that can't pen you. 

In garage with turbo: Grille 15, Strv 103B, WaffleIV, Skorp G, SU-130PM, Strv S1, GSOR 1008 (this like a mix between TD and MT)

HTs that can dominate hulldown if they can get there  - Moving 4 kph faster seems to really help these tanks for me. I usually remove the vstab from them, and often pair this with hardening. I am not saying these are the best builds, but they work for me for winning battles. 

Super Conq, T110E5, Chieftain (sometimes), Obj279e (this is a meme, ymmv), Conqueror, CaernAX

2 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

@SchnitzelTruck I was typing this in your status, but realized I wanted it in this thread to reply to @Rexxie as well.

I run turbo on nearly everything? Optics has come off nearly everything - I just platoon with good LT players and vision is now better than ever thanks to CVS, boosted optics or vents, LNE, etc. If you don't platoon with vision tanks, I have no idea. My general rationale is that relocation ability scales with skills. If you know where you want to be, and when, turbo helps make it happen. Here are some groups of things I run turbo on:

French MT & LTs get turbo in place of vents. Adding more mobility in both speed for cross map relocations, and acceleration for scooting out after a clip dump is the key here. Same goes for the Bourrasque and Bat25t and most people run it on the Prog46 as well. If you want to have your spike in place at the right time and drive away for free, turbo really helps. 

in garage with turbo: Bat25t, AMX 13 105, Bat25AP, AMX 13 90, AMX 13 57, AMX 13 75, Bourrasque, Bat12t

Sniper TDs if it's soft it needs to not be seen, and that means relocating quickly. So I run turbo. Also nice for cleanup when you win and need to leave your nest for those last few shots. I drop vision from these. As a bonus - turbo increases the siege mode movements in the Strvs - which is just awesome for peeking up and down faster or death creeping tanks that can't pen you. 

In garage with turbo: Grille 15, Strv 103B, WaffleIV, Skorp G, SU-130PM, Strv S1, GSOR 1008 (this like a mix between TD and MT)

HTs that can dominate hulldown if they can get there  - Moving 4 kph faster seems to really help these tanks for me. I usually remove the vstab from them, and often pair this with hardening. I am not saying these are the best builds, but they work for me for winning battles. 

Super Conq, T110E5, Chieftain (sometimes), Obj279e (this is a meme, ymmv), Conqueror, CaernAX

Turbo on TDs is an interesting choice and feels comfy af on the S-tanks. I'd only add that turbo gives next to no discernible benefit on the SU-130PM because the tank has like 3 gears and basically doesn't accelerate past 40 kph. I've tried both turbo, grousers, and turbo+ grousers and none of them really make much of a difference as the thing still never reaches its top speed except downhill. 

I'd go with IAU, Rammer and vision (substitute camo stuff if tooning exclusively)

Conqueror is kind of weird with turbo because it still doesn't go places fast enough, but you'd have to drop either vents or stabs for it. That said, the reverse speed is a lifesaver against arty. This is something you don't notice in fast tanks, but being able to reverse and wiggle faster is really quite helpful for armoured tanks. 

Offtopic but I think it's kinda interesting how tier 9 heavies sort of fell out of meta as a class. There are outliers: 50TP/E75, but that's because they outtrade most tier 10 heavies. I think it's mostly down to (1) getting matched with 10s more often (side effect of MM prioritising tier 8 only matches), (2) goldspam, (3) the campier meta post 1.0 & (4) increased arty presence at high tiers (made worse by more stalemates). I guess the fact that tier 8 prems are basically 9s with slightly less pen and HP doesn't help things either. 

13 hours ago, Rexxie said:

I've been testing Grousers vs Turbo's flat mobility improvements. It's really hard to come up with a rule of thumb because so much of the mobility stats are hidden, especially the gearbox stats. I really hope someday we get a more complete set of mobility stats for tanks, because for now we can hardly compare tanks to each other, let alone how they are influenced by specific equipment.

With that said, testing it on a few fairly standard mediums (~18 hp/ton, ~1.3 terrain resist, ~60kmh top speed, medium terrain) gave me a very rough idea. When using only unboosted grousers, my tank was roughly 1.5 km/h faster than a stock vehicle by the time it accelerated to 50 km/h. Using unboosted turbo, my tank was roughly 2 km/h faster at that same point.

This isn't news, but at least I got a little more appreciation for turbo on most lights. Even without the slot bonus, they get significantly more out of it than almost any medium and, for a variety of factors, are the least impacted by the downsides of using them. I wouldn't be surprised if turbo on every light becomes meta as Equip 2.0 opinions become more set in stone, but time will tell.

On the other hand, the horsepower and terrain resistance lines on both pieces of equipment are very close to pointless if you scale them back down to what you'd expect on a heavy or slower med. Unfortunate, but at the same time these are the tanks where getting +4 kmh top speed or +15% traverse can be a much bigger deal than they are to a hovermed.

Dont forget that a lot of ``omg wg uses hidden numbers`` comes down to the fact that stock tracks / top tracks, an prem tank with 30 deg turning and an tech tree tank with 30 deg turning, the tech tree tanks turns faster (since stock tracks are say 24 deg, u get 24/30 as bonus, or however stupid wg calculates this)

Its about stock and top engine not tracks

For tier 10 and prem vs prem, it doesnt matter, but when a tank has different turning radius between stock and top tracks, the top tracks give more turning speed as numbers would indicate.

If i remember well (2 things):

1. Its about the ratio between hard / medium / soft, not about absolute numbers
  2. high numbers with small gap > good numbers with big gap, so 1 - 1.2 - 1.6 is far better as 0.5 - 0.9 - 1.4

ps: and hard terrain stats are also a lie, only paved roads are hard ground, so hard is only important for the ratio

ps ps: i will try and find back a topic with some testing and numbers

From this: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/495217-tanking-w-science-all-about-that-fuel/page__pid__10654374

Ok, based on this, I finally figured out the formula for hull traverse which has been bugging me for a while. Turns out that the tank weight and terrain modifiers work in a similar way: The weight modifier is based on stock weight, while the terrain modifier is relative to the hard terrain resistance. The full formula works out like this:

traverseSpeed * skillMod * (engine / stockEngine) * (stockWeight / weight) * (hardTerrain / terrain)

• traverseSpeed: Base chassis traverse speed, eg. 36 for Pz III/IV.
  • skillMod: Multiplier based on driver skill. Follows the wiki formula, so for example 110% => 1.04286
  • engine: Horsepower of current engine, eg. 585 for elite Pz III/IV.
  • stockEngine: Horsepower of stock engine, eg. 350 for Pz III/IV.
  • weight: Current weight of tank, eg. 25.07 tons for elite Pz III/IV with no equipment.
  • stockWeight: Stock weight of tank, eg. 23.82 tons for Pz III/IV.
  • terrain: Current terrain resistance modifier for tank, eg. 1.2 for Pz IID on medium terrain.
  • hardTerrain: Terrain resistance modifier for tank on hard terrain, eg. 0.9 for Pz IID.

There's also a flat 5% penalty for tanks with pivot capability. I'm not sure if this is intentional.

And the wotlabs topic:

A while back I tested both Grousers and 105-octane gasoline on the T26E4 TurboPershing and found that both subtracted about 2.5 seconds to the time it takes the T26E4 to reach safety on the Mines hill from a favourable south spawn (Not that you'd ever want to go there in an actual game). After that test, I've kept both on the tank for a turbo-grousers-vert stab-gasoline setup that seems really meme but has felt very comfortable and effective to play. Being able to quickly turn your front towards enemies and wiggle back and forth and of course getting into position along with the slower mediums has made it into a very fun to play tank for me (I don't like heavies). Probably not a viable setup that lack the crazy armour profile the T26E4 has.

It's nice to see some math and get some idea of how IRM/Vstab stack up to a future bounty IAU. It'll definitely be a much more solid option than the standard one. Nearly doubling in effectiveness (for non-tds) jumps it into actually competitive territory.

IRM+VStab combining multiplicatively was already known, I think? It's already a very off-meta combination for almost any tank, I only really see good players using it on one or two specific tanks. You might see it on a T34 or something, and I think that still makes sense.

I think the big hurdle of bounty IAU here isn't so much IRM, but iVents and bounty Vents. It's competitive when you run out of those, but I'm having a hard time seeing someone ever wanting a 9% IAU over 8.5% vents.

3 hours ago, Rexxie said:

It's nice to see some math and get some idea of how IRM/Vstab stack up to a future bounty IAU. It'll definitely be a much more solid option than the standard one. Nearly doubling in effectiveness (for non-tds) jumps it into actually competitive territory.

IRM+VStab combining multiplicatively was already known, I think? It's already a very off-meta combination for almost any tank, I only really see good players using it on one or two specific tanks. You might see it on a T34 or something, and I think that still makes sense.

I think the big hurdle of bounty IAU here isn't so much IRM, but iVents and bounty Vents. It's competitive when you run out of those, but I'm having a hard time seeing someone ever wanting a 9% IAU over 8.5% vents.

There will be some tanks that could use both. Bourrasque is the first that comes to mind as it has a weird combo of:

• terrible base accuracy
  • bad aim time
  • good base dispersion values, but high mobility that jacks effective dispersion up massively
  • auto-loader (no worry about rammer taking up a slot)

With a good vision skill crew and food, I could see IAU + Vents + IRM (to help hull traverse, could see argument for VStab) being the most flexible set-up.

I think there is still a ways to go before we truly have all the intricacies of "gun handling" figured out (and suspect that base vs maximum  vs effective dispersion is still something that needs to be analyzed)

5 hours ago, Rexxie said:

ppl make IRM way to complicated (and seem to have forgotten all basic knowledge about wot mechanics)

IRM make u turn 10% faster and gives u 10% less bloom, so ur net gain is zero

Thats all there is to it, the WG mechanics video also explains this, IRM is if u want to turn faster, so its an mobility piece, not firepower (IRM vs turbo vs grousers makes more sense as IRM vs vstab vs IAU)

this vstab video also seems weird, all vstab does is reduce dispersion values 20%, so it works 100% all the time, because 0.20 dispersion value becomes 0.16, again, thats it, u notice the effect more when u go faster, but that also applies to bloom in the first place, the faster u go, there more ur tank blooms

ps: - The dispersion values are multipliers to base accuracy and are multiplied by speed (in km/h or degrees/sec). For example, a tank with a movement dispersion value of 0.2 travelling at 20km/h will have an aim circle of radius 4x larger than the same tank when stationary. Vstab essentially reduces these multipliers by 20%.

ps ps: IAU is probably one of the better equipment pieces, but its hard to test

ps ps ps: its like double bushing, i mean common, my camo / view range skills always sucked, but i havent seen a single streamer use a proper double bush (any tree that stands between you and ur target counts, no matter the distance, so you can camo snipe on an open field using a tree at 200m....)

I keep writing a reply here to Overlord_Prime's IRM vs IA video, and as one of you responds, I keep starting over, or watching the video again :)

So IRM + Vstab is multiplicative.  Okay.  Not as good as additive, but for tanks with bad dispersion, presumably still valuable, especially for autoloaders.... or non-autoloaders with with high dispersion values, particularly tanks that can comfortably drop optics to free up an equipment slot.

As most of Overlord_Prime's video was about Improved/Bounty Equipment, including an upcoming version for the IA, I'm not sure if I should be running a standard IA on anything today.  I run Food on most tanks, but only Standard Equipment.

I just kitted out all my LT's & SPG's with the equipment sale, but now I feel a bit confused about the other 3 classes.  For the most part (some exceptions), I was going to go with:

• Hardening/Rammer/Vstab on Heavies
  • Rammer/Binocs/GLD on Sniping TD
  • Rammer/IRM/Hardening on Brawling TD
  • IRM/Rammer on Mediums, then either Optics, Vstab, or CVS for 3rd piece of equipment, depending on view range and aim time/dispersion.

I probably need to consider Turbo a bit more, but ignoring that, just trying to better understand how to approach Vstab vs IRM vs IA.  

GehakteMolen, I do understand what you're saying about IRM being mobility equipment, but I disagree about the net gain being zero, because if you can turn your hull and/or turret toward an enemy faster, you've already got to the point where you can start your aiming process faster than without.

Thanks.... great discussion!  I am honestly so frustrated trying to figure all this out, but at the same time, super happy that WG gave us some variety and choices.

8 hours ago, lavawing said:

@GehakteMolen @moogleslam the net gain is not zero because IRM reduces all bloom, including movement bloom.

but you also move 10% faster, if i stand still, and only turn turret, only turret bloom applies, and only the turret bloom part of IRM will help.

IRM only helps if you are not turning full speed, if you turn at half of the turn rate, you get the full bloom reduction, but not the full bloom penalty.

The basic idea of gun handling in wot, to say it short is this:

• Minimum crosshair size depends on final accuracy (and that depends on crew skill and IAU)
  • Bloom values are penalties, if bloom would be 0, ur accuracy while moving is same as standing still.
  • The longer you move, the more bloom you get, with a maximum of 15x base accuracy or so (or 10, doesnt matter)
  • "Aim time" reduces your aiming circle, and it does so at all times!
  • Aimtime is the time for the aim circle to shrink by e (~2.718) times (from Richardnixon)

So current accuracy is like a scale, on one side you have bloom penalties that want to make it bigger, on the other side aim time that wants to make it smaller. If you move slowly, your aim time is stronger, so can keep your accuracy better, if you move faster, bloom becomes stronger, and u get a bigger crosshair. If aim time would be 10 seconds, your bloom will be massive, even when moving very slowly.

For anyone with a cromwell b, just try 1 game with a GLD and 1 game with an IRM and you will see the difference, GLD is far better in cases like this**

Imo GLD is always the most underrated

GLD is for TD`s a no brainer and as good as gun rammer, only now due to IRM, it becomes a bit different because:

1. TDs almost always turn slow, turning faster is a massive advantage
  2. TD`s often move their gun very slowly left / right when sniping from a distance, so here the 10% less bloom really works

That said, turbo also buffs turning speed and increases overall vehicle handling while other tds really need optics (or even binos) so for TDs you now can really make choices.

** GLD works better for tanks with high bloom as for tanks with high aim time, so low bloom and high aim time have less advantage as the other way around (my gut feeling of the conway really needing a GLD was thus right)

Would you build this tank differently?

https://tanks.gg/tank/kanjpz-105?e=1.b.A&k=0.1.2.3.5.7.a.c&c=-1.-1.9

I frequently use it for passive scouting and I have gotten multiple scout and patrol duty medals with it. The camo and speed is really great. 7K spotting is my top record in it.

I have no complaints about the gun handling. 15deg arc to both sides means I rarely have to turn the tank so bloom isn't an issue. Tank traverse is surprisingly good. I tried an IRM but I couldn't notice a difference in traverse or bloom.

Most of the time I use equipment to fix a fault on a tank. This tank's two weaknesses are lack of armor (unfixable) and view range. So one equipment slot fixes the VR and I have two slots for goodies.

I'm considering, in the middle slot, a turbo or the current IAU.

I don't use a rammer. I use the reload time to mark how long it takes to get unspotted. So far the timing is perfect. I have Ensk and Himmelsdorf blocked so most of the time my engagements are 300m or more.

My personal opinion is this is one of the most fun tanks to play. It is a Leo 1 at tier 8. I only have to give up the turret in exchange. At distance this isn't that big of a deal to me.

268 base pen at ~1500fps equals a serious credit-generating machine!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, KanJPz said:

Would you build this tank differently?

https://tanks.gg/tank/kanjpz-105?e=1.b.A&k=0.1.2.3.5.7.a.c&c=-1.-1.9

I frequently use it for passive scouting and I have gotten multiple scout and patrol duty medals with it. The camo and speed is really great. 7K spotting is my top record in it.

I have no complaints about the gun handling. 15deg arc to both sides means I rarely have to turn the tank so bloom isn't an issue. Tank traverse is surprisingly good. I tried an IRM but I couldn't notice a difference in traverse or bloom.

Most of the time I use equipment to fix a fault on a tank. This tank's two weaknesses are lack of armor (unfixable) and view range. So one equipment slot fixes the VR and I have two slots for goodies.

I'm considering, in the middle slot, a turbo or the current IAU.

I don't use a rammer. I use the reload time to mark how long it takes to get unspotted. So far the timing is perfect. I have Ensk and Himmelsdorf blocked so most of the time my engagements are 300m or more.

My personal opinion is this is one of the most fun tanks to play. It is a Leo 1 at tier 8. I only have to give up the turret in exchange. At distance this isn't that big of a deal to me.

268 base pen at ~1500fps equals a serious credit-generating machine!

Thanks!

Are you like a new age Gasai? 

I would go with this:
https://tanks.gg/tank/kanjpz-105/stats?e=V.W.X&k=0.1.2.3.5.7.a.c.4.9.b&c=-1.-1.9&cs=kanjpz-105&cl=
.28 accuracy instead of .27, but that could be solved by stacking the vents directive, plus you now have the firepower to shoot your way out of an engagement

In my view anything that has .30 accuracy or better gets next to nothing from IAU. For non snipey meds/heavies .33 to .35 is enough. The CDA, otherwise a very similar tank, has .26 fully kitted out but still feels derpy af to play, so at that level the hard accuracy matters less than the shell velocity and bloom

No, I'm not spamming a (camo on fire) broken pref-MM tank against clueless (T5) new players. I spend a lot of time at T9/T10 with this tank. (Fortunately, 330 pen HEAT is a great equalizer. I carry 3.)

I'm just a (mostly) poor F2P-ish guy who uses this tank to farm credits.

I have bonds saved up but I'm not using them for equipment. The ROI on a battle pass for bounty equipment seems low. I buy 75 Xmas boxes a year so my gold supply is mostly for premium time.

I have the Cda. On paper it has a better gun but IRL it feels very derpy. Maybe the 10deg gun arc is a contributing factor. It is also much slower. It does bounce (on average) 250 HP per game so that is interesting. It also only has 310 pen HEAT which is good but not great.

My only complaint about the KanJPz is how lame the camo skins look on the (IR?) box over the gun. I think they should have modeled that w/o the camo pattern.

Honestly, this has been like homework this weekend, researching what equipment to fit on 300 tanks, so I can purchase during discount!  I've spent about 45 million credits on equipment so far!

I'm pretty comfortable with my outfitting for all classes except Mediums.  I have Rammer's on all of them.  After that, I struggle to decide between Optics, VStab, IRM, Turbo.  Are Vents and IA even considerations for Mediums as well?

I won't put Optics on any Tier X, and probably not Tier IX either, though for Meds with 380 or lower base view range, it starts to feel worthy of consideration.

What characteristics are you guys looking at to decide what equipment to put on your Meds?  Do any of you have criteria to apply to come up with some blanket rules for them?  How do you decide between VStab vs IRM, or Turbo vs IRM?

2 hours ago, moogleslam said:

What characteristics are you guys looking at to decide what equipment to put on your Meds?  Do any of you have criteria to apply to come up with some blanket rules for them?  How do you decide between VStab vs IRM, or Turbo vs IRM?

Here are some things to keep in mind for your medium equipping journey:

1. The lower tier you are, the more broken VR equipment becomes. At T4/5 I would recommend running Binocs on virtually every med. At T6/7, I think it's highly questionable to not run at least optics.

2. The 445 rule is oft the recommendation at T8-10; that is, get 445 VR with optics if you need to and vents if you don't. I don't think this is a good rule of thumb, almost nothing will get spotted at 445m with 445 VR. You need 460 VR to spot even the largest heavies moving at 445m. Aim for that instead, the diminishing returns start there.

3. Vstab is always better than IRM. I wouldn't run IRM on any med. I would run vstab, no question, on any med with worse than ~0.10 bloom. I would still say it's an S tier equip with low bloom tanks, but it's no longer unquestionable.

4. I would not drop rammer on any med. It is too easy to sustain DPM compared to other classes.

5. There are not rules of thumb for turbo yet, sadly. Especially for mediums. You need a slot to even consider it though, and generally it is not considered on the same level as Rammer or Vstab. I also would recommend having 460 VR before thinking about it. Try it on tanks like the M48, M60, 140, 62a, Bourr, etc. that have low equipment requirements to have great VR and no bloom.

Thanks Rexxie - that was super useful!  A few follow ups:

1. On the higher tier mediums, where I've got the view range to 450+ or 460+ without Optics or Vents, is it automatically Turbo in that 3rd slot, or is there still come consideration to Vents? (excluding autoloaders where I always have Vents already). 
  2. Or for something with high dispersion (430U?), wouldn't you add IRM in addition to Vstab/Rammer if you don't need the extra view range?
  3. Then where a VStab can't be fitted (some Tier 7 and lower), does it make sense to use an IRM in it's place, or just Vents?  Or are there still some Meds with long aim times where you'd get more benefit from a GLD?  Something like a Leo with the high alpha gun?

Thanks!