ZXrage

Equipment 2.0 Builds

4 hours ago, moogleslam said:

Thanks Rexxie - that was super useful!  A few follow ups:

1. On the higher tier mediums, where I've got the view range to 450+ or 460+ without Optics or Vents, is it automatically Turbo in that 3rd slot, or is there still come consideration to Vents? (excluding autoloaders where I always have Vents already). 
  2. Or for something with high dispersion (430U?), wouldn't you add IRM in addition to Vstab/Rammer if you don't need the extra view range?
  3. Then where a VStab can't be fitted (some Tier 7 and lower), does it make sense to use an IRM in it's place, or just Vents?  Or are there still some Meds with long aim times where you'd get more benefit from a GLD?  Something like a Leo with the high alpha gun?

Thanks!

1. I wouldn't automatically default to turbo, vents is still strong. I don't really see Turbo in the same way I see other equipment, it's highly dependent on playstyle and we don't really know how it works in regards to the gearbox stats. You need to have enough experience in a tank to know whether it's actually competitive. Meanwhile you literally can never go wrong with vents.

2. IRM's gun handling improvement when combined with vstab and compared with vents is incredibly marginal. Taking the 430U for example, Vstab+IRM is 0.10/0.08 bloom and .36 accuracy. Vstab+Vents is 0.11/0.08 bloom and .35 accuracy. You're not going to feel the difference. What you will feel is the traverse speed, which is always useful on a brawling medium. Basically, unless you don't have vstab, I really can never recommend IRM to fix bad gun handling.

Taking that all into account, I would still use vents on a 430U. I feel like the traverse speed is good enough as it is, the extra DPM is nice, and I'm not sure if it can hit 460 VR without vents.

3. GLD is an interesting question. The problem with using it is that very, very few meds have such awful of gun handling they'd consider GLD. Those that do are at a low enough tier that using a slot for something other than VR seems silly. The only high tier med that I can think of that could use GLD is the Chimera, and I'd hesitate to recommend anything on a tank I haven't played. GLD itself isn't bad but it's not very usable on any current medium.

In the Leo's case I would run IRM if the gun handling was frustrating me too much. The Leo's traverse speeds are godawful and hurt its general mobility, so IRM is particularly nice. You would also run any of the VR equipment before GLD.

One question, I have mounted Improved Hardening to Obj 430 (+rammer, +coated optics) and it seems like it is doing "something". In 30-40 games I was only burning once and tracks are staying on the tank. Has maybe anyone tryed it on 430U (just grinding for it)?

On 4/28/2021 at 5:38 PM, spodletela said:

One question, I have mounted Improved Hardening to Obj 430 (+rammer, +coated optics) and it seems like it is doing "something". In 30-40 games I was only burning once and tracks are staying on the tank. Has maybe anyone tryed it on 430U (just grinding for it)?

Improved Hardening does nothing for your fuel tanks, or even the 430(U) in general. It buffs tank HP and track repair speed (and track health to 100% after repair) and that's it, much more useful on bricks like the E3 or German superheavies. In terms of meta you're better off running something safe like the bread-and-butter Rammer/Vstab/Optics. When you get a good crew you can think of switching out optics for vents, GLD, IRM, or a turbo.