Jump to content
ZXrage

Equipment 2.0 Builds

Recommended Posts

WZ-120-1G FT

I'm actually debating which equip should go on this tank, rotation mechanism or GLD? I think the rotation helps but the aim-time being so long makes it so medium-long tange enganagements are pretty ass.

Leo 1 Vision build: Rammer/Vents/Optics

The gun handling on the Leo 1 I feel is good enough to justify dropping Vstab, especially since you're doing most of your engagements long-range anway. Building for full vision will allow me to outspot anyone trying to push my bush.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, what about the 30B? Currently running Rammer/VStab/Optics, but I'd love to get the turbrocharger on there because in a paper tank, your mobility is your lifeline. 

Ok, two games into a Rammer/Turbro/Optics setup and a VStab is needed. Guess I'll forego vision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will also make engagements harder to predict (well hardening you can see)

compare:

  • T95 bush kemper, rammer, binos, camo net (or even drop rammer for that low noise thing for 5% more camo, when moving)
  • T95 assault tank, turbocharger, rammer and hardening

I myself will put rammer, rotation and hardening i think (drop the binos and gld i have atm)

Mediums are gonna be the same i suppose? due to all the buffing, most are fast enough anyway, most also have good gun handling already, you really need rammer. Vstab and rammer will stay on almost all mediums i guess, perhaps E50 can drop stab for rotation (because it alrdy has good handling on the move, that said, it can never be too good...)

Ps: and speedy IS4 might be fun, or put on IS3 turbocharger instead of vents, and you can really beat up meds (or a super pershing with turbocharger and grousers, it has high top speed already, with food and bia, it might now finally move like a medium, same for T54 mod)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, has anyone tried a different setup on the Bat? Currently running Optics/GLD/VStab but I like maneuverability so the GLD might be dropped for the Rotation one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

It will also make engagements harder to predict (well hardening you can see)

compare:

  • T95 bush kemper, rammer, binos, camo net (or even drop rammer for that low noise thing for 5% more camo, when moving)
  • T95 assault tank, turbocharger, rammer and hardening

I myself will put rammer, rotation and hardening i think (drop the binos and gld i have atm)

Mediums are gonna be the same i suppose? due to all the buffing, most are fast enough anyway, most also have good gun handling already, you really need rammer. Vstab and rammer will stay on almost all mediums i guess, perhaps E50 can drop stab for rotation (because it alrdy has good handling on the move, that said, it can never be too good...)

Ps: and speedy IS4 might be fun, or put on IS3 turbocharger instead of vents, and you can really beat up meds (or a super pershing with turbocharger and grousers, it has high top speed already, with food and bia, it might now finally move like a medium, same for T54 mod)

 

 

Tried speedy IS-4, kind of works in the sense that you are a retarded 430U with a really wide cone of invincibility, or a turreted obj 263, but the problem is that the playstyle itself doesn't work - there are so many sources of HE damage plus tier 10 games generally being really passive, so that as it turns out, fast bricks don't actually have much of a role.

On the other hand speedy WZ-111 (the tier prem) is hilarious - it gets a 54 kph top speed which it can reach on flat ground with the engine consumable. Just wondering if this has any......practical implications. At least, it seems to do the same thing that the a fast IS-4 does at tier 10, only better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, lavawing said:

Tried speedy IS-4, kind of works in the sense that you are a retarded 430U with a really wide cone of invincibility, or a turreted obj 263, but the problem is that the playstyle itself doesn't work - there are so many sources of HE damage plus tier 10 games generally being really passive, so that as it turns out, fast bricks don't actually have much of a role.

On the other hand speedy WZ-111 (the tier prem) is hilarious - it gets a 54 kph top speed which it can reach on flat ground with the engine consumable. Just wondering if this has any......practical implications. At least, it seems to do the same thing that the a fast IS-4 does at tier 10, only better.

I put stab, rammer and turbocharger, with turbocharger, your alrdy high top speed become 47, which it reaches on solid ground / slopes, but it also increases climbing etc, the IS4 sits awkward between super heavys and heavys, with the extra speed, your are now faster as stuff like E5 / SC (unless they also use turbocharger)

And more reverse speed / faster turning is nice, less risk of getting flanked and spanked by a med

ps: i would put vents otherwise i think, hardening doesnt seem worth it on IS4 (and now i need to think what to put on IS7, rotation instead of vents i guess? or the base accuracy, choices...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FavreFan4ever said:

Also, has anyone tried a different setup on the Bat? Currently running Optics/GLD/VStab but I like maneuverability so the GLD might be dropped for the Rotation one.

I swapped in Rotation/VS/Optics

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sr360 said:

I swapped in Rotation/VS/Optics

 

Yeah thats what I did too. It is weird using a bat with the same on the move accuracy as most NATO meds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, yoyoya2 said:

Yeah thats what I did too. It is weird using a bat with the same on the move accuracy as most NATO meds

Right, but for the M48A5 I dropped VS. I'm going to experiment to see whether I want rotation or turbo in that slot instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

Anyone tried super pershing? or is it so bad now, that it doesnt matter :D

The second part!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

tbh for mediums that dont need optics and normally run vents, the improved rotation is a viable alternative IMO.

 

 

Imho vents is such a small improvement optics make more sense in current vision meta. 520vr memes really make a difference when you burn through bushes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone done much testing on the vision system?

Also read improved rotation will basically replace a gld on everything that was using it (tds etc.). Sadly my curiosity hasn't extended to buying full price equipment so i'll have to wait for smarterer people to test this shit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

121 with the turbocharger is ridiculous. It felt kind of sluggish before the patch and that was one of my main gripes but now it gets that lovely hovermed wedge feeling. Cruising at 60 comfortably is hella nice. T57 going 40 is also pretty nice too. I refuse to play the 430U out of principle so it'd be cool if someone could comment on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 million credits gone in a few hours buying new equipment, and I'm not even sure if I like the setups I went for.
They really should have let us sell equipment at full price for at least the first week.

T110E5 with turbocharger was pretty neat though. Had the first good game in it since its glory days.
That DPM rips when you catch someone in the open, and with the turbo you can wiggle around enough that the tumor is less of an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ZXrage said:

WZ-120-1G FT

I'm actually debating which equip should go on this tank, rotation mechanism or GLD? I think the rotation helps but the aim-time being so long makes it so medium-long tange enganagements are pretty ass.

Leo 1 Vision build: Rammer/Vents/Optics

The gun handling on the Leo 1 I feel is good enough to justify dropping Vstab, especially since you're doing most of your engagements long-range anway. Building for full vision will allow me to outspot anyone trying to push my bush.

Why not drop vents for the lawnmower equipment. Im wondering how useful itd be since a lot of the time bush wanker spots are just within 445m. For example steppes has a bunch of those (heavy brawling zone but the east zone is the worst offender tbh). Having them be able to shoot then hide is awful so maybe if you build it right you could completely supress those spots. Same with karelia mid and the hill lane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

Anyone tried super pershing? or is it so bad now, that it doesnt matter :D

the thing is that you could do the same thing but better in an E75 TS, a 54 mod 1, or a M4 49 or even a T26E5. I dont have a crew rn so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SkittlesOfSteeI said:

Why not drop vents for the lawnmower equipment. Im wondering how useful itd be since a lot of the time bush wanker spots are just within 445m. For example steppes has a bunch of those (heavy brawling zone but the east zone is the worst offender tbh). Having them be able to shoot then hide is awful so maybe if you build it right you could completely supress those spots. Same with karelia mid and the hill lane.

vIDF2W6.png

I'm half cheating here by using purple stuff but I'm gonna try the bushmower. My setup here gives me ~480m VR anyways so no optics is fine.

T110E5: Rammer/Optics or Vents/Turbocharger

Turbocharger is definitely the play for the E5. Gun handling is good enough to justify dropping VerStab so it's fine. I'm still running optics since I still like spotting stuff, although if you don't wanna do that you could probably run Vents in the bonus slot and run food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to wonder, the module "Modified Configuration". +100/+150% module durability... Doesn't that make most ammo racks factually invincible, if not engines as well, at least for single shots and regular calibers that are not 180mm guns? I once had a spreadsheet that helped tell against which caliber of gun skills like Safe Stowage or modules like the wet ammo rack helped (surprise, it rarely did), but can't find it again. With +100/150% durability, I imagine the steps could have changed quite a bit, as I recall it often being an issue of just a handful of module hitpoints on whether that russian 122 was a threat or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

I have to wonder, the module "Modified Configuration". +100/+150% module durability... Doesn't that make most ammo racks factually invincible, if not engines as well, at least for single shots and regular calibers that are not 180mm guns? I once had a spreadsheet that helped tell against which caliber of gun skills like Safe Stowage or modules like the wet ammo rack helped (surprise, it rarely did), but can't find it again. With +100/150% durability, I imagine the steps could have changed quite a bit, as I recall it often being an issue of just a handful of module hitpoints on whether that russian 122 was a threat or not.

this topic you mean?

Internal modules hitpoints are listed on tanks.gg (just not in an easy way to see)

The place of modules could be seen here: https://gamemodels3d.com/games/worldoftanks/

But it no longer shows them i think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

this topic you mean?

Internal modules hitpoints are listed on tanks.gg (just not in an easy way to see)

The place of modules could be seen here: https://gamemodels3d.com/games/worldoftanks/

But it no longer shows them i think

 

Yes! Exactly that one! Thank you!

StranaMechty... How could I forget that name...

P.S.: Hehehehe. A Caern's ammorack with safe stowage and that module, would indeed now not be reduced to damaged state, when hit by a 122 under any circumstance, unless a second shot hits shortly before or after. Interesting... Not sure it's useful, but who knows... That is, assuming the numbers still work out that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to come back to this. Given that the damaged HP of a module are a set value (e.g. a damaged ammo rack isn't just at a flat 50% HP of the full ammo rack, but for some tanks it's 56%, others 48%, yet others almost 60% and so on), I wonder if WarGaming considered adjusting the damaged state HP of the modules in accordance with the module-HP gained from the "Modified Configuration" (and as such, did not include that statistics change in the tooltips) or if they simply forgot about that. Because things could get really funny, if the module does not also adjust the damaged state HP, because it leads to the funny situation that indeed, ammo racks, engines and fuel tanks become nigh indestructible, unless being more or less simultaniously hit by multiple shells, as the damage-threshold between "undamaged" and "damaged" becomes pretty substantial, even moreso, when the ModCon-module sits in a survivability slot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talking about scouts again, dedicated passive spotting is absurd right now. Its one of those roles you have to heavily invest in, but T7-9 can roll around with 550 VR and 45% camo on the move. Binocs and CVS are absolutely ridiculous together, but an unsung hero here is Low Noise Exhaust. Especially in T6/7 where VRs are still quite low and dedicated active scouts are rare, you become literally invisible.

Now that a lot of heavies and TDs are moving away from optics or even vents as meta equipment, you can get away with some pretty ridiculous stuff once the other LTs suicide. Turns out those RU heavies with 360 VR and Rammer/Vstab/IRM literally cant see scouts right in front of them.

Absolutely foresee rammer/vstab completely dropping out of the LT meta. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...