ZXrage

Equipment 2.0 Builds

On 8/9/2020 at 5:43 AM, kolni said:

can someone just tell me the chai sniper setup 

or the dpm/accuracy setups

switching full time to league if these don't make the game better

actually they wont and i got a new lvl40 west acc hmu if u want to climb from unranked

5 hours ago, Vindi said:

actually they wont and i got a new lvl40 west acc hmu if u want to climb from unranked

playing with irl friends on eune right now, my fkn main got locked (not banned) cuz korean acc i bought at lvl30 and without a korean ID i can't change the age req so my plat climb just as i got there ended and Riot still won't unlock it - haven't even responded to my ticket :( 

i definitely have west accs so will try to find their info, but on EUNE (u used to play there right) i'm right now on Zueauaoso teaching an IRL friend how the game works, (he started B4 so I had to int 3 games in placements to be able to play with him) it's still summer so I only play 3-4 games per week but would deffo be up for playing together sometime! this acc's S2 but I'm dumpstering every JG matchup as Shaco every single game (i love smurfing xD) but I did that in high gold too so climbing should be quick if i get around to playing more :) 

you still playing Fiora? could be fun having a lane to play around for a change

Looking at passive scouts such as ELC Even 90 and maybe Manticore is

Low Noise Exhaust, CVS, and Binos a decent build?

21 hours ago, kolni said:

Also what's this about Designated equipment spots? Are they relevant with improved equip in any tank or is it just standard equipment? Because if I'm going to have to reslot them for bonds in the SAME tank for bonuses now I'm retiring

If you right click on a piece of equipment it gives you the option to change the slot for free. WG did not advertise this well but it is interesting. More important for some tanks than others, and only when using non-bond equipment. If you have a tank that has a vision spot specialty and you have two pieces of normal vision equipment on the tank, it means you can play five games with the first item in the special slot, then in the garage right click and swap them around and play five games with the other item in the special slot, and then decide which one is most effective for your playstyle (subject to RNG etc). Five games or fifty games your mileage may differ.

19 hours ago, kolni said:

Also what's this about Designated equipment spots? Are they relevant with improved equip in any tank or is it just standard equipment? Because if I'm going to have to reslot them for bonds in the SAME tank for bonuses now I'm retiring

same tank you just drag to swap the slots. actual demounting costs though.purple shit isnt effected by the bonuses

5 hours ago, arthurwellsley said:

Looking at passive scouts such as ELC Even 90 and maybe Manticore is

Low Noise Exhaust, CVS, and Binos a decent build?

For those tanks with super high camo and who sit in bushes, they're already only spottable by proxy, so low noise isn't really adding much. I preferred CVS/optics/turbo for my EVEN, haven't looked at Mantibore yet.

6 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

T49 With a more accurate derp? Ooooooh

IRM+Vstab ftw. 3rd slot your choice.

cross posting this here from the T49 thread cuz relevancy:

IAU:
it's only final accuracy. aimtime calc has no bearing on actual max or min bloom since it works "per tick" and just get 36% smaller every time

Aim time math (confirmed by Minsk):

original radius * (1/e)^(time passed/aim time)
note that its not MAX bloom or MIN bloom values and is ONLY based on the nominal aim time of the tank. 
the Nominal values dont change with a IAU, just that it can keep shrinking past its value. quick testing shows that the given aim times (roughly 60% zoomed in) remain the same with a IAU or not but that total aim in time takes longer, as expected

IRM math (in bold) seems to be (but unverified as of yet)
ComputedDisp = GunAcc * SQRT  ((1 + DispMovingTraverse^2  + DispHullTraverse^2 + DispTurretTraverse^2) / 1.1 )

so the valid 'line' seems to be .38 disp + on movement. more testing and maths required to verify that as well. If I (or anyone else) finds out more accurate data please post it here or PM me

On 8/10/2020 at 5:23 AM, sr360 said:

Right, if you land one more shot you've basically made up the damage loss from a slower reload.

I currently am using improved aiming on the SU-130PM (soft TD with low accuracy); FV4005 (similar), and the 263 and 268v4 which feature inaccurate slowfiring shotguns. Fun fact, if you run IRM/Turbo/Imp Aim on a v4 you basically have a prenerf v4. See below:

I feel like the 268v4 is one of the big winners with this patch. I've not decided what to go with yet, but wouldn't swapping Imp Aim with Hardening be better? Being resistant to perma-tracking seems huge for a turret-less TD, and I feel like the Imp Aim matters less up close with the engagements the 268v4 finds itself in.

Also, @CraBeatOff, holy hell why 15 HE? Ranked set up you forgot to change back?

I'm actually debating dropping rammer for IRM on the E3, I feel like more flexibility on that thing would benefit me more than the boosted reload, especially since I'm not trying to DPM folks down anyway. Should I do it?

so playing the borrasque with IRM is retarded 

the shit aim-time is basically negated by the fact that ur aim circle never increases in size unless you fire, it almost feels like it actually has the EBR 105's gun mounted on it. 

3 hours ago, Wurstsoljanka said:

Dunno how to describe it, but a turbocharged KV-5 feels so goddamn sexy :gachi:

Ooooh, must try!

11 hours ago, Snoregasm2 said:

I feel like the 268v4 is one of the big winners with this patch. I've not decided what to go with yet, but wouldn't swapping Imp Aim with Hardening be better? Being resistant to perma-tracking seems huge for a turret-less TD, and I feel like the Imp Aim matters less up close with the engagements the 268v4 finds itself in.

Also, @CraBeatOff, holy hell why 15 HE? Ranked set up you forgot to change back?

I think there will be a lot of playing around with equipment before we figure things out. Also, different styles may choose a different loadout. I do think the Hardening is a good idea for the v4, though.

11 hours ago, Snoregasm2 said:

I uhh, forgot to change it from trying to do a Chimera internal crits mission. By the time I'm flanking the SuperC and shooting the 704 I'm legit conserving HEAT shells to secure the top gun.  Mistakes!

IRM has 0.9 modifier to turret and track traverse, is this correct?

If it is, the best case sceario for IRM as a gun handling tool is a <1% reduction in bloom in the best case scenario, with the caveat that you will also have your gun pointed the right way 10% faster depending on the situation.

Do we know where IAU fits into the formula for accuracy?
Does it modify base accuracy?

Asking as in the T49 thread it was argued it wouldn't affect maximum dispersion, which it should if it's a modifier to base accuracy.

1 hour ago, CandyVanMan said:

IRM has 0.9 modifier to turret and track traverse, is this correct?

If it is, the best case sceario for IRM as a gun handling tool is a <1% reduction in bloom in the best case scenario, with the caveat that you will also have your gun pointed the right way 10% faster depending on the situation.

Yeah, i put it on cromwell b (rly fast turning, fast aim, awefull bloom) and doesnt seem to make any difference (i use rammer / vent / gld, and dropped the gld for IRM).

IRM is mostly to buff turning speed of the vehicle, not really reduce the bloom (the bloom reduction is pure to make the bloom not worse which would have been the case if only buffed turning speed).

So its worth it only on tanks that can use faster hull / turret turning speed, say E4, and TDs in general, but then its abouve EGLD vs IRM, i guess EGLD will do more for your firepower, while IRM makes you turn faster, so a tank with shitty turn speed, Obj 704, will benefit more from IRM, while a tank with fast turning speed will benefit more from EGL (say jagdpanther perhaps).

On low tier tanks (that cant mount vstab) IRM might also be worth it, tiger p perhaps, KV3, etc, yet on KV3, rammer / vent / egld could still be superior (or drop vents?)

What im interested in, whats buffs mobility more, vents or IRM, straight line vents is better, when you need to make say 2 turns, what then?

On 8/10/2020 at 12:43 PM, kolni said:

playing with irl friends on eune right now, my fkn main got locked (not banned) cuz korean acc i bought at lvl30 and without a korean ID i can't change the age req so my plat climb just as i got there ended and Riot still won't unlock it - haven't even responded to my ticket :( 

i definitely have west accs so will try to find their info, but on EUNE (u used to play there right) i'm right now on Zueauaoso teaching an IRL friend how the game works, (he started B4 so I had to int 3 games in placements to be able to play with him) it's still summer so I only play 3-4 games per week but would deffo be up for playing together sometime! this acc's S2 but I'm dumpstering every JG matchup as Shaco every single game (i love smurfing xD) but I did that in high gold too so climbing should be quick if i get around to playing more :) 

you still playing Fiora? could be fun having a lane to play around for a change

I will add the acc on eune then (yes I'm on EUNE now - only played a few on west but I'm considering migration for s11). I have to write a lot and I work too so my weekly games are similar. Mostly I play normals with friends and I lost 93lp in one day so im 0 lp d4 again and not force ranked for a while because better coinflipper wins in this season.

Fiora? Well not exactly but I have climbed for some games with akali and rengar and also with some adcs. Overall I have the highest wr (63%) with karma support and the buffed ad caitlyn / kaisa so probably I will stick with similar choices for the rest of the season.

I welcome any form of shaco since from 2 of my 3 senna games we got dumpstered by a shaco main each time who roamed botlane 6+ times from lvl2 while our lee sin was afk farm 0-24. Jg diff as per usual.

So silver or not we can have some fun games at least I doesn't have to focus constantly like in ranked. (Ranked these days are 100% aram too so no big difference)

My big winners are definitely TDs and LTs this patch. 268v4 as seen above, ha! But also the Grille and especially the SU-130PM which is now better than the Skorp by a wide margin. IAU and IRM - then choose turbo, rammer or binos depending on your style. Personally turbo works best for me because I can make good use of positional flexibility. Waffle 4 also.

The T49/Sheriderp flexibility is great too - i take bond vents and bond vstab and then the vision slot gets what suits my platoon. Optics for big view range, IRM for hilarous gun handling. CVS also viable since the view ranges are 480 and 491 with bond vents.

I'm perplexed why they didn't just default-sale everything at it's original value, because there are so many things different now and, I suppose, pretty much everyone is stuck to having just refitted their favourite tanks, if at all. Those 30 tokens for ripping equipment out "for free" are dribble on a stone on top of not being able to pay for so much new equipment. And I am so done with grinding money in this game...

11 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

My big winners are definitely TDs and LTs this patch. 268v4 as seen above, ha! But also the Grille and especially the SU-130PM which is now better than the Skorp by a wide margin. IAU and IRM - then choose turbo, rammer or binos depending on your style. Personally turbo works best for me because I can make good use of positional flexibility. Waffle 4 also.

The T49/Sheriderp flexibility is great too - i take bond vents and bond vstab and then the vision slot gets what suits my platoon. Optics for big view range, IRM for hilarous gun handling. CVS also viable since the view ranges are 480 and 491 with bond vents.

Question: does the 130 benefit more from turbo or grousers?

On 8/12/2020 at 8:25 AM, CandyVanMan said:

Do we know where IAU fits into the formula for accuracy?
Does it modify base accuracy?

Asking as in the T49 thread it was argued it wouldn't affect maximum dispersion, which it should if it's a modifier to base accuracy.

IAU:
it's only final accuracy. aimtime calc has no bearing on actual max or min bloom since it works "per tick" and just get 36% smaller every time

Aim time math (confirmed by Minsk):

original radius * (1/e)^(time passed/aim time)
note that its not MAX bloom or MIN bloom values and is ONLY based on the nominal aim time of the tank. 
the Nominal values dont change with a IAU, just that it can keep shrinking past its value. quick testing shows that the given aim times (roughly 60% zoomed in) remain the same with a IAU or not but that total aim in time takes longer, as expected

IRM math (in bold) seems to be (but unverified as of yet)
ComputedDisp = GunAcc * SQRT  ((1 + DispMovingTraverse^2  + DispHullTraverse^2 + DispTurretTraverse^2) / 1.1 )

normal: 
ComputedDisp = GunAcc * SQRT  (1 + DispMovingTraverse^2  + DispHullTraverse^2 + DispTurretTraverse^2)

so the valid 'line' seems to be .38 disp + on movement. more testing and maths required to verify that as well.