Jump to content
ZXrage

Equipment 2.0 Builds

Recommended Posts

That honestly doesn't make sense, they would have to rework the whole formula just to make it worthless in that way.

No matter how I look at it, it would only make sense as a modifier to the whole dispersion formula, and reducing the current dispersion value by 5% at all times, which would still make it weaker than IRM for anything else than roughly fully aimed shots.

Quote

The second implementation (actual case) is a general decrease to the aiming circle size in all scenarios stated in the first equipment 2.0 pages’ description which states “reduces the size of the aiming circle… of an aiming or fully aimed gun”. This will effectively allow any tank to have a smaller reticle at all times while also boosting fully aimed accuracy.


https://docs.google.com/document/d/17LQIEI4SmxGoaIWEqq-qUlbsBDYX-vy5n5mDw_XuVi8/edit#heading=h.p6ktpgmo2f9d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

umm yes. Because he doesn't have the actual formula in there. It's a very old iteration of a community effort to discover the aiming math before it was found in the code and separately confirmed by Minsk:

original radius * (1/e)^(time passed/aim time) or 36.34% smaller than the previous tick

The most recent iteration of the aiming was done by RichardNixon and that was:

original radius * e^(time passed/aim time) 
IIRC. I'd have to go look it up to be sure though.
I'll take the word of the Devs over a CC, no matter how good he is at it. no offense Overlord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What you are saying is that final accuracy is a constant, and that only moving dispersion values can ever affect the bloom?
For example, the gunner's skill level only affects bloom through his effect on turret/track dispersion, and not on his modifier to accuracy?

I'm not saying this is not the case, only that it doesn't make sense to me, as that seems like a much more contrived way of coding it.

I guess you could test it in training room, by forcing maximum dispersion with the only variable being IAU, and taking the time from full bloom to fully aimed, as aim time on paper doesn't change. 
If it takes the same time, it would mean it works all the time, but if it were to only work fully aimed it would in practice make the aimtime ~5% longer.

Or someone with the knowhow could crack the game files to see how it actually works with IAU, as far as I'm aware, nobody's actually provided any source on where it fits into the formula that has been previously confirmed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

res/scripts/avatar.pyc

and yeah pretty much. final accy never changes only aimtime speed does through some crew skills and equipment(s)

not until the IAU did final accy get better and even then its only .02 better in most cases. hardly worth it other than dedicated snipers with HUGE disp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say no but i havent had a chance to look at it myself to personally verify that. if its encrypted its in blowfish so not terribly hard to break. I have the key floating around somewhere

16 minutes ago, CandyVanMan said:

Not at home now, so can't look into it myself.
Is the file encrypted?

I'll PM it to you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wanderjar said:

and yeah pretty much. final accy never changes only aimtime speed does through some crew skills and equipment(s)


not until the IAU did final accy get better and even then its only .02 better in most cases. hardly worth it other than dedicated snipers with HUGE disp

That is nonsense. Ventilation, Brothers in Arms and Food always lowered final accuracy and still do.

As for IAU, I don't see a reason for WarGaming to reinvent the wheel, just in order to mess with perception for the sake of a single equipment piece. The accuracy bonus from the module must be a modificator to (base) accuracy, as they'd have to completely revamp the aiming formula to have it do anything else. As such, aim-time is not going to be longer with the IAU, it stays the same compared to it not being fitted and, logically, the bonus from IAU is applied constantly and thus lowers the maximum dispersion and the effective dispersion throughout the aiming process. I'll happily look forward to someone proving anything else, I very much doubt that will happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

That is nonsense. Ventilation, Brothers in Arms and Food always lowered final accuracy and still do.

As for IAU, I don't see a reason for WarGaming to reinvent the wheel, just in order to mess with perception for the sake of a single equipment piece. The accuracy bonus from the module must be a modificator to (base) accuracy, as they'd have to completely revamp the aiming formula to have it do anything else. As such, aim-time is not going to be longer with the IAU, it stays the same compared to it not being fitted and, logically, the bonus from IAU is applied constantly and thus lowers the maximum dispersion and the effective dispersion throughout the aiming process. I'll happily look forward to someone proving anything else, I very much doubt that will happen.

This is the only thing that makes sense to me too, but I will try and see if I can access the files and confirm it, but cryptography is not something I'm experienced with, so I can't guarantee any success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Madner Kami said:

That is nonsense. Ventilation, Brothers in Arms and Food always lowered final accuracy and still do.

yep you're right. I forgot about those because I'm tired. Shouldn't shitpoast when sleepy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Wanderjar said:

res/scripts/avatar.pyc

and yeah pretty much. final accy never changes only aimtime speed does through some crew skills and equipment(s)

not until the IAU did final accy get better and even then its only .02 better in most cases. hardly worth it other than dedicated snipers with HUGE disp

Final accuracy 100% changes with crew skill, just put a 50% and a 100% gunner in a KV2 or in an arty and aim at the same building, the  crosshair will be bigger (with 50% gunner, its 0.7 acc, with 100% its 0.56 acc (so a massive difference even))

What i always understood is that bloom penalties are all tied to base accuracy and that aim time tries to make the crosshair smaller again (so your always zooming in, till you reach minimum) while all bloom penalties are related to that.

This is why for example maus or KV4, with bad bloom stats, still had ok gun handling, the turret turns really slow, and the final accuracy was ok, so the overal gun handling was decent, while the same stats with fast turning would be atrocious (also why tds have suchs bad gun handling, you often turn the hull, and gun movement = turret bloom, so you always have double bloom, with a tank you can just move the turret, which means less bloom)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GehakteMolen said:

Final accuracy 100% changes with crew skill, just put a 50% and a 100% gunner in a KV2 or in an arty and aim at the same building, the  crosshair will be bigger (with 50% gunner, its 0.7 acc, with 100% its 0.56 acc (so a massive difference even))

What i always understood is that bloom penalties are all tied to base accuracy and that aim time tries to make the crosshair smaller again (so your always zooming in, till you reach minimum) while all bloom penalties are related to that.

This is why for example maus or KV4, with bad bloom stats, still had ok gun handling, the turret turns really slow, and the final accuracy was ok, so the overal gun handling was decent, while the same stats with fast turning would be atrocious (also why tds have suchs bad gun handling, you often turn the hull, and gun movement = turret bloom, so you always have double bloom, with a tank you can just move the turret, which means less bloom)

off topic but have you tried the buffed KV-3/KV-4? KV-4 looks very interesting though it might be inferior to the megabuffed Tiger II

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, lavawing said:

off topic but have you tried the buffed KV-3/KV-4? KV-4 looks very interesting though it might be inferior to the megabuffed Tiger II

Only did 2 games with KT, with hardening instead of vents, 1 game KV3, top tier, so not really good comparison :P

And in regards to KV4, not sure what to put on it, or if i keep it as it is for now (on paper it looks promising, so lets see later)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Wurstsoljanka said:

Im not sure what Equipment I want to put on JPE100. Any ideas?

100% improved rotation, you turn like a whale, i guess rammer also, and in third slot, dunno, hardening? it gives soem more hp (so you can take 6 hits of a 400 dmg gun, or 3 of a 750 dmg gun and it speed up track repair time, also ventilation or turbocharger could be usefull, with turbo, you can pull back faster and you can move around a bit better

ps: perhaps even drop rammer for turbocharger? so rotation / hardening / turbo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The extra track HP from hardening should also require two track shots to be immobilized (instead of one), which is huge for a rear-mounted casemate TD.

Turbo vs Rammer is interesting though. People generally advocate more DPM as a no brainer, but turbo should give the JPE so much more flexibility. Being to navigate around corners quicker could be the difference between getting a shot in vs an enemy retreating behind cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well those ideas sound appealing, Ima give them a try. I srsly love my JPE - even trying too 100% mark him now - but the "BRING THIS DAMN FIREPOWER UP" mentality settled in so hard over the years that it feels like I could make a lot more use of new equipment. Thank god I got ppl like u LUL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DPM is all good and funky, until you realize that you can rarely or even barely get it to bear. With the old equipment really the only parameters of a tank you could fiddle with was firepower and spotting, as all the other equipment was way too niche and narrow in focus or just flat out too weak. This has changed now. You can do quite a bit for your survivabilty and your mobility and I think especially the later is a huge deal for good players. Getting to where you need to be that little bit faster or, in case of some particular tanks, getting there at all before it's too late and fire only one shell or shoot at all, is of tremendous value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah turbocharger is pretty good on anything reasonably slow. Type 5 with turbo has the same mobility as the E 100, makes a noticeable difference.

Tanks like Maus/Type 5 already have a good bloom and slow speed, so Vstabs aren't necessarily a must-have either, so I dropped those too and now run mix of speed/survivability on form of hardening/turbo/rammer. Rammer still feels too important not-to-have. Full on survivability setup sounds interesting as well, but that means dropping either the turbo or a rammer, so meh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really liking IRM + Grousers + Hardening. Turbo would be good too, but being so nimble in a JPE really catches people offguard. Combine it with Clutch and you're good to go. Rammer is a little hard to give up on, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But what about JT?

It can also use the hardening and grousers (and a turbo, or rotation), but JT gun is more dpm based as alpha, losing on rammer here , so 5 pieces and only 3 spots (speed vs armour more or less)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Spall liner better choice than Hardening on E100? With Spall liner in right slot you get noticable protection for crew, arty cant hurt you as much, and HE spamers can go and fuck them selfs. Other two slots rammer cause 15cm > 12.8, and IRM cause why not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My problem with Spall is that it doesn't do anything if the shell lands anywhere remotely close to the deck or turret roof. It's like a couple dozen mitigated damage at most against those hits, and anyone who knows what they're doing (or just happens to be firing from an elevated position... like arty...) will splash there. Especially in high tier games, where high caliber shells with plenty of splash radius make it pretty much guaranteed. 

It's definitely an option but usually 10% hp is going to give you the same amount of protection as Spall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played first with Hardening cause of what @Rexxie said. More HP does come in hand when trading shoots, and for me, Hardening could replace vents. Now idk about Spall, i will try it but, if in E100 i get in situation where arty can focus on me, not even spall will help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

spall liner has pretty much always been useless for the reasons Rexxie listed

even with its buffs i dont think its worth it over hardening, specially on Super heavies which benefit more from the HP buff and often people over look the track HP increase and repair time bonuses that come with hardening. The track hp buff on an E100 for ex. makes it so it takes 2-3 shots to track depending on the caliber of gun, i had a 907 try and track me to keep me from advancing, it took him 3 consecutive shots to my left track to finally pop it off.  :serb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...