Tupinambis

Carro Combattimento 45t, GSOR 1008, Object 274A

My brain is unable to read Polish or comprehend if this is actually better than the Prog 65, but at first glance it seems quite a bit more powerful and, frankly, it also seems bizarrely out of place for this game. I don't know the history behind it, fictional or not, but it looks like a late-cold war design and a weird misfit for this game.
Its a tier 10 so probably some reward somethin' or another.

UPDATE: Another British tier 8 tank destroyer and... yet another Soviet tier 8 medium tank are also in supertest. Adding below.

Source: https://www.dom1n.com/newsy/supertest-carro-combattimento-45t/
WoT_Template_New_Tank_Carro_Combattiment

1_140.jpg3_118.jpg

Were you sitting there thinking that the game needs another Soviet premium tank? Then good for you! Here's the Object 274A

...actually to be fair, it isn't confirmed that this is a premium, but its probably a safe bet.

WoT_Template_New_Tank_Object_274_A_EN_1.

So WG must have been sad that the Lansen C and CS-52 had better guns than the T-44-100 or T-54 Proto, so here's... this thing? The pen is exceptional, the turret armor at least should be very good, hull armor is decent, mobility looks decent.

IDK if its just outright stupid like the Prog 46, but this thing does look... really good. Who knows, maybe its blind as a bat and blooms like a Hellcat when it moves, but holy effing crap the standard 240-alpha tier 8 meds need a LOT of work....

...am I going nuts, or are those the same pen and damage stats as the long 107mm gun on the KV-4s?

Last but not least for today, a new British tank destroyer... and a very strange one at that.

WoT_Template_New_Tank_GSOR_1008_EN.jpg

A turreted autoloader with what appears to be good mobility. Looks like a good fit for the British turreted line... except that it has an autoloader [and a really messed up crew layout] so it can't actually train anything. Oh well, the gun looks interesting.

Decent pen... if you factor in the extremely powerful APCR shells. 320 damage 4-round autoloader, short aim time, even shorter inter-clip reload. IDK who this is supposed to be for, but it could be... interesting?

Wow, they all seem OP in current form (measured against same tier peers), but the British TD in particular is a tier 9 Skoda T50, but faster!???

Even if they balance all 3 tanks by way of gun performance, all that means is they're both horrible to play and play against.

35 minutes ago, Tupinambis said:

Were you sitting there thinking that the game needs another Soviet premium tank? Then good for you! Here's the Object 274A

...actually to be fair, it isn't confirmed that this is a premium, but its probably a safe bet.

WoT_Template_New_Tank_Object_274_A_EN_1.

So WG must have been sad that the Lansen C and CS-52 had better guns than the T-44-100 or T-54 Proto, so here's... this thing? The pen is exceptional, the turret armor at least should be very good, hull armor is decent, mobility looks decent.

IDK if its just outright stupid like the Prog 46, but this thing does look... really good. Who knows, maybe its blind as a bat and blooms like a Hellcat when it moves, but holy effing crap the standard 240-alpha tier 8 meds need a LOT of work....

...am I going nuts, or are those the same pen and damage stats as the long 107mm gun on the KV-4s?

seems to be the same gun, just reskinned with a modern 100mm style muzzle break. looks like the crew trainer for the 430 line but without the pen issues.

low HP - been a while since WG used HP as a balancing factor - will it work? prolly not.

Last but not least for today, a new British tank destroyer... and a very strange one at that.

WoT_Template_New_Tank_GSOR_1008_EN.jpg

A turreted autoloader with what appears to be good mobility. Looks like a good fit for the British turreted line... except that it has an autoloader [and a really messed up crew layout] so it can't actually train anything. Oh well, the gun looks interesting.

Decent pen... if you factor in the extremely powerful APCR shells. 320 damage 4-round autoloader, short aim time, even shorter inter-clip reload. IDK who this is supposed to be for, but it could be... interesting?

Expect 1.5 terrain resistance on hard ground and fucked gear ratios so it will move at 65T speed. The movement bloom has to be atrocious and the prem rounds are likely to be HEAT

Christmas lootboxes I'm willing to bet

Edit: btw we armoured warfare now bois

The tier 10 Italian seems like kind of a joke to me

compared to the progetto 65 the only thing you get is 40 more alpha per shot, and "more armor" which i personally wouldn't even count as that armor will prob just get 2-2'd like its butter

QWX5FVQPmUk.jpg

They get the same reloads (putting alpha aside) Same HP, and the Same VR.

The progetto however gets better mobility, better camo,  better top speed, better aimtime/dispersion, and better pen on both standard/gold.

The GSOR however looks broken 

4Lzh9az1EfQ.jpg

320 alpha x4 with a 1.5 second intra-clip, along with a 1.8 second aimtime and .30 accuracy.....oh and its fast. 100% getting nerfed because its British lmao.

ofc we all know the Russian is OP by default as per tradition

5i46WDcQ7Uo.jpg

KP5hAbMZ5kM.jpg

that armor is stupid, 230mm with that shape will prob make it comparable if not better than some tier 10 MT's. and even the UFP @ 95mm seems broken with those angles. along with 70mm if  seemingly 907 boat shaped side armor because why not lol.

im with @lavawing if these two tier 8 premiums stay as they are, they are prob for Christmas loot boxes 

That GSOR looks so broken in its current state and would completely outmatch the Skorpion in terms of how aggressive you can play (I like playing Skorp aggressively like a Medium when situations allow me to do so), on top of that has a TVP clip and 320 APCR.

Also the GSOR looks like it has... weirdly good survivability. As many hit points as a Turtle MK 1, and what probably amounts to pretty decent turret armor to complement that -11 gun depression.

13 minutes ago, sr360 said:

Weren't we supposed to see Italian heavies this year? Maybe that's the tier 10 for that line.

they were mbts and so far WG has been consistently inconsistent in categorising them. the 430U is a med, the Pattons are mediums, the Murican T54s are heavies, as is the T77, i.e. lightened T57,  the Chieftain hull with a T95 turret is a medium; the T95 hull with a Chieftain turret is a heavy.

the trend is that WG tends to make them heavies so bad players will think they are easier to play.

49 minutes ago, Kymrel said:

Don't worry. They will nerf it to the ground before release.

60 second clip reload.

This might seem like an odd nitpick, but I'm driven up a wall when WG has what is essentially the same gun have significantly different pen and alpha when mounted on different tanks. In this case, the GSOR TD has a 105mm L7 gun, but with the 320 alpha of a 100mm gun and the 226mm pen of a 20 pounder gun. FFS pick one of the three and give it that rather than playing mix-n-match.

16 hours ago, Snoregasm2 said:

Wow, they all seem OP in current form (measured against same tier peers), but the British TD in particular is a tier 9 Skoda T50, but faster!???

Even if they balance all 3 tanks by way of gun performance, all that means is they're both horrible to play and play against.

It's not just a Skoda T 50, it's a TVP 50/51 at tier 8. Yikes. The other two tanks also look like absolute monsters too, the Carro 45t might just dethrone the Chieftain as the MBT of the tier (previously occupied by the E5 and SConq). the 274a looks like bonkers too. Better gun and armor profile than CS-52, and since CS-52>T-44-100 and Prog 46>T-44-100 we can assume that this would make it the best tier 8 medium tank.

These tanks are nuts.

54 minutes ago, ZXrage said:

It's not just a Skoda T 50, it's a TVP 50/51 at tier 8. Yikes. The other two tanks also look like absolute monsters too, the Carro 45t might just dethrone the Chieftain as the MBT of the tier (previously occupied by the E5 and SConq). the 274a looks like bonkers too. Better gun and armor profile than CS-52, and since CS-52>T-44-100 and Prog 46>T-44-100 we can assume that this would make it the best tier 8 medium tank.

These tanks are nuts.

the British TD and the RU med i agree with

but i think people are jumping to conclusions about the Italian because of its looks.

if you actually read the stats its honestly not that appealing at all. even when compared the the nerfed progetto it falls behind, according to the forum post the tank will have a 300mm effective turret face and UFP, but 300mm isnt that great @ tier 10 with everyone slinging 320+ pen ammunition (also the mantlet is basically flat). its aim-time/accuracy and intra-clip means it wont be reliably snapping/hitting things long range or clipping anything without over exposing itself. And as i mentioned above it really only gets 40 more alpha and some "armor" over the prog65, otherwise the nerfed prog beats it in nearly every other aspect. so it most certainly isnt going to be outperforming things like the E5/s,conq and the chieftain lmao in any regard. 

4 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

the British TD and the RU med i agree with

but i think people are jumping to conclusions about the Italian because of its looks.

if you actually read the stats its honestly not that appealing at all. even when compared the the nerfed progetto it falls behind, according to the forum post the tank will have a 300mm effective turret face and UFP, but 300mm isnt that great @ tier 10 with everyone slinging 320+ pen ammunition (also the mantlet is basically flat). its aim-time/accuracy and intra-clip means it wont be reliably snapping/hitting things long range or clipping anything without over exposing itself. And as i mentioned above it really only gets 40 more alpha and some "armor" over the prog65, otherwise the nerfed prog beats it in nearly every other aspect. so it most certainly isnt going to be outperforming things like the E5/s,conq and the chieftain lmao in any regard. 

it's still an autoreloader on an armoured platform that doesn't suffer from shit pen. and you can't overwhelm it like you would against a Progetto 65. potentially a pubstomper.

Whoa, yes that GSOR looks crazy with its current stats - potentially amazing gun, good mobility, some armour (ok none on the hull but the turret seems good enough with the shape and 11 degrees of gun depression). Hard to imagine it will survive to live in that form, although WG has made a habit of putting at least one new OP premium in the loot-boxes for Christmas (703-II last year, IS3A year before) so it would be consistent in that sense. Have to admit, with how it appears on paper thus far, I'd be tempted to throw some $$$ at loot-boxes again this year, notwithstanding they remain the best value in terms of gold and premium time too.

One thing Im really asking myself is (well I mean we all know WG and their stupid game balance employees): HOW THE FCK can u bring tanks like the GSOR with some obvious totally overpowered numbers to the ST like this. I mean u must see, that its op. Or do they do this that the supertesters got some shit to do? Like holy shit. 

WG-employee -> :trump:

WG's habit of testing tanks at extremes before settling at some random point between the extremes and then randomly nerfing or buffing them makes it hard to get excited about ST stats. Does the new Italian look like the chieftain with a flatter turret face?

1 hour ago, Hellsfog said:

WG's habit of testing tanks at extremes before settling at some random point between the extremes and then randomly nerfing or buffing them makes it hard to get excited about ST stats. Does the new Italian look like the chieftain with a flatter turret face?

Amx 50b had a 6x400 dmg gun on first test server i think, E100 lfp was 150mm thick or so (so ~250 effective head on, when there was no gold ammo, yolo) And the list of stupid badly balanced stuff is endless.

WTF-E100 had 6x560 with even more accuracy / less bloom as what they put in the game later etc. The original test server stuff is always stupid :P

1 hour ago, GehakteMolen said:

Amx 50b had a 6x400 dmg gun on first test server i think, E100 lfp was 150mm thick or so (so ~250 effective head on, when there was no gold ammo, yolo) And the list of stupid badly balanced stuff is endless.

WTF-E100 had 6x560 with even more accuracy / less bloom as what they put in the game later etc. The original test server stuff is always stupid :P

2 hours ago, Hellsfog said:

tbh i think WG makes them super OP on ST purposely to gain attention and build hype for the tanks, after all not everyone closely follows progress of these tanks as they go from ST to CT and then Live.

so you will have those idiots who think that a tank is still OP when it goes on sale even after its been butchered from what the initial ST stats were.