Jump to content
GehakteMolen

What (not) to buy

What to buy?  

44 members have voted

  1. 1. What to buy?

  2. 2. What NOT to buy



Recommended Posts

Simple, i got a bunch of tier 10 tanks, some i sold (and i dont want back) others i have, and now i want some new, but which?

So, a poll the first is what to buy, the second what not to buy.

Everything not listed i either have, or dont want for sure

EDIT: im leaning towards Pz.Kpfw. VII, 60TP and STB, i had STB in the past and hated its derpy gun, and thus sold, but with its rebalance, it once again looks tempting (i sorta like type 61, and STB seems upgrade on it, so)

For the not buy: Kranvagn looks interesting, but shit, FV 4005, big and paper, so no i guess anx m4 54, could be fun, but seems weak, so also not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted for the 111-15/Foch and against the Badger/FV/AMX M4. 

I really don't like the Badger, it's really boring. I sold mine not too long ago. Its just a Tort with the fun bits stripped away. Save 3m and rebuy that instead.

Do you have a 215b 183? I guess you could pick up the FV4005 if you don't have one.

M4 54 I'm the least sure about, but I don't see it working. Would be a really good tank without the shoulders...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

I voted for the 111-15/Foch and against the Badger/FV/AMX M4. 

I really don't like the Badger, it's really boring. I sold mine not too long ago. Its just a Tort with the fun bits stripped away. Save 3m and rebuy that instead.

Do you have a 215b 183? I guess you could pick up the FV4005 if you don't have one.

M4 54 I'm the least sure about, but I don't see it working. Would be a really good tank without the shoulders...

Yeah, have an Fv 183, but didnt play it since the nerf (with 275 HESH, it was good, now, i doubt xD )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ST-II is dogshit and abandons everything that makes the tier 8/9 enjoyable (decent speed/turret/pen). it has one gimmick and thats the double shot alpha 

PZ.VII is a shitty VKK 

Foch B is a one trick pony that gets to sometimes clip things but then usually dies for it. 

AMX M4 is trash, never understood how they fucked this one up so bad coming from the tier 9. Low HP, weak turret face, weak shoulders (no side scraping), and the only gun worth using is the big gun in which case ur pen is bad.

4005 got nerfed pretty hard, it can still shit on people i guess because alpha/hesh lmao. but its not very enjoyable to play and the FV 183 is better

CS-63 is a very mediocre medium with a situational gimmick as its selling point. play the Leo 1 instead which is basically just better in every way.

2 hours ago, Rexxie said:

I really don't like the Badger, it's really boring. I sold mine not too long ago. Its just a Tort with the fun bits stripped away. Save 3m and rebuy that instead.

ive personally never had an issue with the badger, i mostly just play aggro and tend to pull good games. (avg dpg is 3700). 

i guess i can understand why some dont like it, its armor while not bad isnt as immune as say an E3's nor does it have fuck you TD pen. but overall ive always managed to make it work.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The M4 54 is dogshit but it's the sort of dogshit that I would imagine would be right up your alley. The thing is, it would actually be good if it were the size of the IS-3 or the 430U, but as it is, it's too easy to defeat the armour with good aim and high prem pen. It's a somewhat fun hipster tank, and I did ok in it, rather unexpectedly. It's very tolerable if you only fight mediums, but your winrate will tank for sure.

I wouldn't recommend the STB-1 because, as good as it is, it's a finesse tank and you have to juggle between the hydropneumatic suspension, the 5 second reload, and the lack of reliable turret protection. The bloom still isn't anything special and the lack of laser APCR is kind of annoying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Foch B probably has the worst chassis at tier X. Armor isn't great, weakspots are large and obvious, gun arc is awful, mobility isn't its strength, and you have to spam gold to be relevant in most games. It's easily the most awkward tier X in my garage to play. I find it difficult to dictate the terms of engagements in it like other TDs can... you don't do well at long range, and getting in close means you're exposing your awful weakspots. @Rexxie seems to like it, though, and I'd trust their opinion over mine for better players than I.

AMX M4 isn't great either, but at least the 130mm is fun to blap people with and you have enough mobility to choose your engagements. It's overshadowed by the E5 and Sconq, but I find it fun to play. There's something about having low expectations going into a match that lowers the pressure I put on myself, which leads to more enjoyable gameplay. It's why I still have the AMX 40 in my garage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Object 277 and WZ-111-5a are both competitive in pubs and are viable CW tanks. I have both, and the 277 is probably better because it is faster and has no real turret weakspots. The STB 1 is the poster child of "balance by gimmick". It has impressive paper DPM, good on paper turret armor, and is somewhere in the middle of the pack as far as speed goes. It also has a patented super annoying suspension gimmick , its gun functions like a slingshot, and the turret armor isn't great once people start shooting gold at it.  It is one of the strongest tech tree medium tanks, its just also powered by gimmicks and frustration these days.  The Shitbarn is a bad joke, but the punch line is killing tier 9 medium tanks in 1 hit. 

As for the tanks to avoid the foch B is the inferior foch. Both Swedish tanks on the list have derpy guns with bad premium pen, so in today's meta they just are not that good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, FavreFan4ever said:

Foch B ...  @Rexxie seems to like it

It's just a bit fun autoloading out 2400 damage before most heavies can reload. If you're gunna play in such a boring tier you might as well have some fun in gimmick tanks. Its definitely average at best and the T9 is way better for the tier, but I'd heartily recommend it over letting Russian Medium #12 sit collecting dust in your garage :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rexxie said:

It's just a bit fun autoloading out 2400 damage before most heavies can reload. If you're gunna play in such a boring tier you might as well have some fun in gimmick tanks. Its definitely average at best and the T9 is way better for the tier, but I'd heartily recommend it over letting Russian Medium #12 sit collecting dust in your garage :D

Fair point. I simply struggle to be consistent in it. It's one of the few tanks I can see myself completing TD 15-3 (or 4) in due to its burst capacity. Still, I think it's hands down the worst tier X TD. I have a hard time getting the gun in position to do damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For what it's worth:

Buy:

1. 60TP - it's an armoured heavy with 750 alpha so you'll probably like it. Seems like your type of tank.

2. STB - as you said, the rebalance has made it arguably one of the best tier 10 mediums in the game currently. I don't have one, but it seems strong these days so it's probably worth a try given you've not played it in a long time.

3. 277 - it feels like a side-grade compared to the T-10 because in-tier it is not quite as good, but it's still a solid fast heavium with a pretty darned good gun so can be fun.

Don't Buy:

1. FV4005 - because fuck that tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To buy I picked the STB, I feel like I of all people should not have to explain my reasons why lol.

to not buy I picked the Foch B. Its just... a one trick pony thats awkward as hell to play and doesn't work extremely well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should  buy the STB-1 and not buy the AMX M4 54 for all the reasons above.

I'm going to be unusual and suggest you try the Pz. VII, with the caveat that if you do, you should only play it in full tryhard setup (purple equipment, APCR standard, food).  I bought it for the hell of it quite awhile ago and did the above just to do something different, but I find that I actually really like it and can be effective in it.  Yes, people who spam premium rounds can go through you, but that's true of most tanks.  560 alpha and 315 APCR feels nice, and the fact that you're tall sometimes lets you use unconventional cover.  The DPM sucks but it's a trading heavy, so just don't get into DPM fights, and I think you'd have fun with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, looking at the votes, Obj 277, STB, and to a lesser extend WZ-111-5 and 60TP stick out as buy. The not buy is more varied, but Foch-B seems crap, Amx-M4-54 even worse, VK VII also got a lot of negrep (more as badger or ST-II even...)

 

hmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

So, looking at the votes, Obj 277, STB, and to a lesser extend WZ-111-5 and 60TP stick out as buy. The not buy is more varied, but Foch-B seems crap, Amx-M4-54 even worse, VK VII also got a lot of negrep (more as badger or ST-II even...)

 

hmm

Remember that the 277 is not really armoured, nor is the 5A. Even with the strong-ish turrets, you can easily get twice the armour use efficiency on something like the E5 as you would on those two, and even the T-10 can get .3 ish more if you lean on the armour more. I found the 277 really disappointing and the 5A really annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, lavawing said:

Remember that the 277 is not really armoured, nor is the 5A. Even with the strong-ish turrets, you can easily get twice the armour use efficiency on something like the E5 as you would on those two, and even the T-10 can get .3 ish more if you lean on the armour more. I found the 277 really disappointing and the 5A really annoying.

Neither tank is about the armor. They both have decent turrets (277 more so than the 5A), but that's it.

You rely on the combination of mobility, great guns, and the usable turret armor. Play them like heaviums.

Same goes for the T-10. If you're relying on the armor in the T-10, you're doing it wrong. Even the turret isn't great due to the cupolas.

The T-10 and Obj 277 have almost the same playstyle. The 277 relies a bit more on using the turret, while the T-10 relies on tier 9 being easy. Other than that, you play them the same. The 277 did take a bit for me to get a hang of though, to be honest (I'm not sure why, given how much I love the T-10). But, once you get the hang of it, it's an amazing tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, churchill50 said:

Neither tank is about the armor. They both have decent turrets (277 more so than the 5A), but that's it.

You rely on the combination of mobility, great guns, and the usable turret armor. Play them like heaviums.

Same goes for the T-10. If you're relying on the armor in the T-10, you're doing it wrong. Even the turret isn't great due to the cupolas.

The T-10 and Obj 277 have almost the same playstyle. The 277 relies a bit more on using the turret, while the T-10 relies on tier 9 being easy. Other than that, you play them the same. The 277 did take a bit for me to get a hang of though, to be honest (I'm not sure why, given how much I love the T-10). But, once you get the hang of it, it's an amazing tank.

T-10 can reverse sidescrape when forced into heavy engagements and beat basically everything in tier. You win most of the time because people have to aim for a sliver of your side hull while you can centre mass tap most targets. The turret weakspots are manageable because most things you fight have worse gun handling than you do, and the things that do have better gun handling you can just alpha bully. 

If I'm on a corridor map and see a Mauschen on the enemy team, I'll go to the brawling corridor because 90% of the time that's free farm.

The 277 has very little hull armour against same tier guns and next to none against HEAT. It's uber annoying, especially since the gun isn't even that good at snapping. You can't even fight same tier heavies properly.

In theory, it should handle like a tier 10 T-10. In practice, it's not as good at bullying meds and suffers when you bring it against heavier heavies. I mean, I like the T-10/wee zee/277 playstyle, I just find that it works much better at tier 9 than at tier 10.

Meh/T-10 I guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...