GehakteMolen

What (not) to buy

What to buy?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What to buy?

2. 2. What NOT to buy

The Tier 9 is weird, I can't win any games in it but I can farm damage like crazy in it (33% WR but 2.1k WN8). At least it's better than the Tier 8, that thing couldn't bounce anything and had horrible DPM to go with it.

The Tier 10 looks completely troll and I can't wait though. What do you run on it?

18 hours ago, Mick42 said:

The Tier 9 is weird, I can't win any games in it but I can farm damage like crazy in it (33% WR but 2.1k WN8). At least it's better than the Tier 8, that thing couldn't bounce anything and had horrible DPM to go with it.

The Tier 10 looks completely troll and I can't wait though. What do you run on it?

Not sure, rammer and stab by default, but 3e? optics is not needed i think, so turbo, for some more speed? or just vents? i need to drive it first i guess

t10 udes armour is pretty troll but it's the silhouette that is your effective armour anyway, you trade the shots bounced for shots missed and it'll still hold up remarkably well for a medium armourwise (less troll but stronger than a 907) as long as you keep your front towards what's shooting at you which'll estimate the sheer ammo fired at you to wear you down somewhere around a superheavy on average

the range honestly doesn't matter much as your silhouette at that angle will always be too small for a reticle to hit reliably and this tank works best when the gun is close enough to reliably hit but depressed enough to be a menace to hit in return - not a playstyle that optics generate any sort of advantage to. i have barely played since new mods/eq so there might be gun options aside from vents but that's what i went with as the slight increase in gun performance as a whole as together with food it just tipped the scale enough to start hitting the mark for my standards

this tank literally sucks ass until you figure out what positions it works in on most maps, and close to everyone plays it way too far back because of that - it's waaaay better in an elevated second line position at 2-300m or even 100m direct engagements than it is sniping at 450m as long as it stays above the enemy and only fires at whoever has the best angle to fire back

use mobility to take aggressive elevated second line position -> farm in sequences to manage arty attention -> move early for next setup (advance/retreat) -> repeat

the range honestly doesn't matter much as your silhouette at that angle will always be too small for a reticle to hit reliably and this tank works best when the gun is close enough to reliably hit but depressed enough to be a menace to hit in return - not a playstyle that optics generate any sort of advantage to. i have barely played since new mods/eq so there might be gun options aside from vents but that's what i went with as the slight increase in gun performance as a whole as together with food it just tipped the scale enough to start hitting the mark for my standards

I've been rocking Rotation Device/Vert Stab/Rammer on the T10 since I got it. I tried vents in place of vert stab initially but the vert stab feels a lot nicer. I just don't like vents in general; the effect isn't enough to make the cut over optics, turbo, etc.

I might try a turbo instead of rotation device though, mobility is always nice.

Still figuring out where to go on some maps but what you've said is working pretty well so far.