Deus__Ex__Machina

Developer Diaries: Italian Heavy Tanks

Can't find it anymore, but part of the video said "We'll make changes so we don't break current balance."

Yeah... don't mind me if I put zero stock behind WG saying that, especially given what the "current balance" looks like.

On the other hand, these tanks could be rather fun I think. Plus, I need somewhere to put my Italian crews now that the Standard B and Progetto 65 are crap.

My guess is all of them will have turrets that are immune to silver and weak against same tier gold, i.e. 240-250 at tier 8, 280 at tier 9 and 300-ish at tier 10, and prolly 270 ish for the prem.

The tier 9 is super sexy like a boxy Chieftain

What I'm seeing so far, is:

- Strong turret

- Strong hull armor

- Good gun depression (who doesn't have good gun depression nowadays?)

-Excellent silver pen (268 lul)

- Above average mobility for a HT

- Autoreloader without any of the drawbacks (seriously... DPM is hard to calculate but this cyclic fire mode is just dumb)

- Poor gun handling? That can't be the only weakness... with all the new equipment that's the easiest thing to fix

FWIW the tier 8 prem is on Tanks.gg and the hull armor isn’t... THAT good. It still looks OP but not as good as the stats in the video let on

I think the way WG shows off hull armor on all their videos/media is super misleading. They show off eff. armor values for a 0 normalization shot, which is kind of ridiculous. Whenever you see their armor values you always have to subtract 30mm or more from it to get something more like what you're going to be firing at.

The armor is a 215mm UPF, 115mm LFP, 240mm mantlet, 240mm cheeks. What they're showing to you is stupidly inflated. The armor is worse than an emil, let alone a well armored heavy.

13 hours ago, Rexxie said:

I think the way WG shows off hull armor on all their videos/media is super misleading. They show off eff. armor values for a 0 normalization shot, which is kind of ridiculous. Whenever you see their armor values you always have to subtract 30mm or more from it to get something more like what you're going to be firing at.

The armor is a 215mm UPF, 115mm LFP, 240mm mantlet, 240mm cheeks. What they're showing to you is stupidly inflated. The armor is worse than an emil, let alone a well armored heavy.

on a slight incline the whole turret is 230-270 against AP. tier 8 APCR won't cut it except for the 270-280 pen 100/105 mils, HEAT is a wash against the spaced panels.