Sign in to follow this  
BlitzReaper

Coming back after a long time, not caring about WN8/damage anymore?

After another very long break I decided to try some games again with this game that has been haunting my mind since 2014. 

For some reason, I feel semi decently at peace with the game, knowing that I'm not that focused in going for WN8 and damage every game anymore. I now try to make decisions that might help win the game and try to not farm damage uselessly (aka thinking the game is already lost and letting teammates die so I can up my damage a bit). 

Somehow I feel like my contribution is improving in game, even if my damage/wn8 is not better on average. Is this true? Would be nice to have an insight from people who've been more active in the game during recent times.

Don't mind me joining in.. I reinstalled the game after 3 year hiatus. Got way too much useless but must-be-present zoom-meetings for school so I decided might aswell do something "fun" while at it. Been playing for like 2 weeks now. This has been quite a shock:

Maps have changed, a lot. Of course I went full siema like the game was 2016 and found stuff that wasn't there, died. GG. New maps so I just drive around and see where you die faster and where you die not-so-fast. Also, the game feels like it's become a campfest. Really passive playing. Not one or two times I've seen top tiers camping Murovanka forest hugging the redline. Guess who went head first there, encountered a lone t-54 and was like "man this guy is feeding, I got my... wait, where is my team?"...

New tanks and old ones rebalance. This just takes time. Those "new" prems during 3 year hiatus are annoying but dealable. Wish I had some of those though.

Equipment 2.0, I actually like this but don't have credits to start buying all the stuff I want to try. This sites thread about eq2.0 has been really helpful.

In the end, I play bad now. Most of the time I am just like "man I am stupid, why did I do this and that". I actually noticed that when I am doind wn8-wise well, I tend to have shitty wr. Like sub 40%. And when my wn8 is not that good, wr jumps to 60+%.