Rexxie

Measuring the Anonymizer

Take your time Juris! :)

1 hour ago, BadLuckCharm said:

Less focus at the top, less* bad-mouthing at the bottom.

I agree, it's probably better than being red! But on the other hand, one thing I absolutely noticed while using anon is how much quicker people are to talk down to you than they would be if you were purple or blue. Especially other greens and blues, who both don't understand what you're doing and have some confidence that they aren't yelling at someone better than them.

I guess it really puts into light just how much more toxicity your average joe has than most of the people here.

So, while Rexxie is analyzing our replays, I did a simple spreadsheet from the data collected. I wanted to check does something change in my performance, and I think it does! 

Have a look at the image below: (NO column means no anonymizer, and YES obviously means yes :) )

Each tank has 20 battles, 10 with and 10 without, except for T-34-3 where I messed up, and accidentally didn't include one replay in analysis, so there is 9 battles in "YES" part and 10 in "NO". 

image.thumb.png.a3712f5da80788583c5ce7250099ccfe.png

So when using, I win more, I do more damage, I kill more opponents, but interestingly I have lower assisted damage! This is telling me, that subconsciously I am playing more aggressive with anonymizer than without. Personally i didn't feel any difference about getting focused more or less. The only thing what happened is that I got toxic, post-game message once, and this happened while not using the anonymizer. I play with the chat turned off, so I can't measure level of toxicity during the battles. 

Also what might be the case is low number of battles. For example, i had really shitty sessions with E5. I got set on fire so many times. It happened that 2 battles in a row i got lit with the first shot i received, practically starting my game with 1/3 of my hitpoints. On the other hand side, with Obj430U i got a monster 7000 dmg game, which is pulling the average up. 

Maybe it wouldn't be bad that, those participating in the experiment also check their own performance. Are you changing something in your play? Maybe you are doing it subconsciously! 

What do you think?

On 10/4/2020 at 5:57 AM, Rexxie said:

You can leave the battle as soon as you die. As long as the replay is recorded, you're okay.

@Nicarasu @_Juris I was wrong! You do need to stay until the end of the battle, I super apologize to anyone who sent me some unusable replays. It's been a long time since I've messed with this stuff. I'll still take any I can get and some of them are obviously complete, but others I cant record much from beyond your kills/damage/spotting from physically watching it.

Again that was super dumb of me, ofc a lot of important stuff wouldnt be in the replay file! 

Ah, that'll make this a pain to record replays for this. I'll scrap the existing ones and do some in my T-44 as I grind out the T-54, I need a break from the Patton after grinding out the first 40 battles. It'll take a bit though.

1 hour ago, Rexxie said:

@Nicarasu @_Juris I was wrong! You do need to stay until the end of the battle, I super apologize to anyone who sent me some unusable replays. It's been a long time since I've messed with this stuff. I'll still take any I can get and some of them are obviously complete, but others I cant record much from beyond your kills/damage/spotting from physically watching it.

Again that was super dumb of me, ofc a lot of important stuff wouldnt be in the replay file! 

To be honest, i thought of this :)

All the replays I sent to you are full ones, even when I died like in 2nd minute of the game

18 minutes ago, 3MAJ86 said:

To be honest, i thought of this :)

All the replays I sent to you are full ones, even when I died like in 2nd minute of the game

I noticed that, thank you! Seeing your full detailed stats is what reminded me.

No problem, I didn't even have a chance to play last night anyways, so i'll remember and make sure to stay until the end of each battle.

I wanna contribute to this, I've already gathered 20 (full) anon'd replays from my Leo 1 escapades. I'll try to finish the other half soon but I'm busy with uni stuff

If your winrate is bad or your irrelevant-in-2020 points are above 1k don't even bother with anon, i found during my time running a really bad overalls account without anon was making me get away with shit that i wouldn't be able to with my main anon or not.