Fedaykin89

Farewell, SirFoch! o7

Well... when even some of the best (public) players out there have had enough...
Mind you, he's not saying or bringing anything new to the table, we all know the major reasons this game is going from bad to worse... still, his epic plays will be missed!

ill just repost my response to this from another place

long time coming tbh, he never enjoys the game anymore. 

always angry/depressed as fuck when he streams it, only really still played because its how he built his community/viewership.

plus he has always refused to play the game P2W, but always hardcore F2P. no gold ammo, no OP premiums/reward tanks.

which is self inflicting harm in modern WoT, since its P2W as fuck nowadays. especially at tier 10.

4 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

ill just repost my response to this from another place

long time coming tbh, he never enjoys the game anymore. 

always angry/depressed as fuck when he streams it, only really still played because its how he built his community/viewership.

plus he has always refused to play the game P2W, but always hardcore F2P. no gold ammo, no OP premiums/reward tanks.

which is self inflicting harm in modern WoT, since its P2W as fuck nowadays. especially at tier 10.

Actually caring about gold spam is one of the easiest ways to hate this game, like that's completely his fault for deciding to do that, this isn't 2012, back then you could actually get mad at gold spam because it was literally p2w

Fuck arty thought, the only reason why I no longer play that much

3 hours ago, yoyoya2 said:

Actually caring about gold spam is one of the easiest ways to hate this game, like that's completely his fault for deciding to do that, this isn't 2012, back then you could actually get mad at gold spam because it was literally p2w

Literally this - it's such a stupid hill to die on in today's meta. You're purposefully harming your team not firing premium ammo in tier 9/10 games, and literally anyone can buy it for credits since, what, 2013?

I just don't get the arguments against it. You still need to know where to shoot so it doesn't take the skill out of the game, just some of the RNG. Yeah, WG ultimately make more money in prem time/premium tanks etc., but that's literally their business model so it comes with the game as is.

Getting the shits with wg is fine, it was that voice that grated. Still agree with most of his thoughts tho. Sadly the next closest thing seems to be claus whose tank shittery grates even worse.

10 hours ago, yoyoya2 said:

Fuck arty thought, the only reason why I no longer play that much

Pretty much.

Its absolutely rediculous. The sooner you get over it and just treat gold as the standard ammo type at tier 8-10, the more fun you'll have in this game. Its been that way since at least 2018. 

Plus gold ammo is F2P anyway, not carrying at least some is downright stupid.

Anyway, hes not the only person who clearly doesnt enjoy the game. You watch half the older streamers out there and you just get the sense that they arent enjoying themselves, they just only play because its earning them viewership and money. Quickybaby is also a prime example of this, he honestly sounds like he hasnt truley enjoyed the game in years. 

Heck its half the reason I quit streaming. Game became less fun, and all the friends I used to play with regularly have all pretty much quit by now as well, and for me, playing solo has always been the most anger inducing, unfun experience in tanks so I rarely play at all anymore. 5 games before getting bored usually. 

15 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Heck its half the reason I quit streaming. Game became less fun, and all the friends I used to play with regularly have all pretty much quit by now as well, and for me, playing solo has always been the most anger inducing, unfun experience in tanks so I rarely play at all anymore. 5 games before getting bored usually. 

Exactly, I remember back in the day we used to make fun of people who just played for fun and didn't care about winning but now that's the only way to enjoy this game. I usually go and play 5 games and if I'm playing really well I just put music on, have a drink, smoke a bit and play for a couple hours. If I have 5 bad games then I just quit and do something else. It's been way more enjoyable like that. Especially that all my old WOT friends no longer play. No more 10hr sessions just on WOT 

17 hours ago, yoyoya2 said:

Exactly, I remember back in the day we used to make fun of people who just played for fun and didn't care about winning but now that's the only way to enjoy this game. I usually go and play 5 games and if I'm playing really well I just put music on, have a drink, smoke a bit and play for a couple hours. If I have 5 bad games then I just quit and do something else. It's been way more enjoyable like that. Especially that all my old WOT friends no longer play. No more 10hr sessions just on WOT 

Same for me. When I started playing in beta I couldn't stop after a bad streak and just continued playing until I got that one good round to call it a day. It usually never happened. Nowadays I just try to quit after 5 bad games and do something else. Way better for your mental health to stay far from that downward spiral.

Tbh I don't miss Foch too much. Yes he was there a long time but I never really enjoyed watching his streams.

I'll preface this by saying I don't watch foch. I don't watch wot content in general, either the streamer or boring, bad, or they take the game way too seriously. Foch ticks at least two of those boxes.

He sounds like someone that has decided the game is shit years ago and chose the worst possible way to react to it until now. Most people quit the game, some people just stop caring, but then there's people like foch who decide to dial into all the bad shit in the game and focus on it until it breaks them.

Good on him for quitting. I'm sure doing this wasn't easy when it has been a source of income for so long, but some of his takes are either bad or petty. They sound like they're coming from someone who has spent way too much time in an echo chamber listening to his own frustrations.

If that would happen to some CIS (RU) content maker, no one would take it seriously. Because "leave today, enter next day" is the common scenario here.

Nice to see him go out with a smile on his face. I know how frustrating WoT can be. The thought of having to log long hours playing it to keep a roof over your head... Best of luck to him.

On 12/4/2020 at 1:05 PM, Rexxie said:

I'll preface this by saying I don't watch foch. I don't watch wot content in general, either the streamer or boring, bad, or they take the game way too seriously. Foch ticks at least two of those boxes.

He sounds like someone that has decided the game is shit years ago and chose the worst possible way to react to it until now. Most people quit the game, some people just stop caring, but then there's people like foch who decide to dial into all the bad shit in the game and focus on it until it breaks them.

Good on him for quitting. I'm sure doing this wasn't easy when it has been a source of income for so long, but some of his takes are either bad or petty. They sound like they're coming from someone who has spent way too much time in an echo chamber listening to his own frustrations.

On 12/3/2020 at 3:46 AM, Assassin7 said:

^^this
Just tried on a side acc 'for fun'... meh. Power creep, EBR's, clickers, maps even worse than I remembered (Fish Bay wtf- Studz..Bzdz wtf^2). Crab's argument that WG seems to lower the skill ceiling every patch also stands on firm footing IMO.
I was always a green shitter but have also enjoyed this game immensely in periods. 
After 5+ games I am simply bored. More fun planning some monster rigs that can handle some of the most fascinating graphics games out there atm.
I miss my old gaming friends, the activity in here etc etc though 

On 12/3/2020 at 1:50 AM, SchnitzelTruck said:

Oh no! How will I live with one less angry youtuber

Well to be fair, being salty and sarcastic was his shtick (I also find his rants entertaining as hell - for shits and giggles, you guys should look up his KV-1S video) and when I first discovered him it was a very large breath of fresh air, hearing someone having legit complaints and frustrations... especially after QB's very PC / family-friendly environment.

Still, he was a damned good player from which I tried to learn some things
(Mind you, I'm very much aware that there are even far better players out there and doing streams... it's just that I was never the Twitch / watching streams kind of guy)

i rmb rolling this guy in my tier 8 Mutz against his full hp 113 and he lost the 1v1 on flat ground

i also got him to fire gold against me several times without shooting it back

his fanbase was also equally shit, afterwards i had both ingame and twitch PMs about slitting my wrists

i can't think of a player more similar to hardest1 than sirfoch, the only good thing he ever did for the community was the chrysler thing but everything else was just so boneheaded and passive aggressive that i could never understand the appeal of watching someone pardon their performance by gimmicking themselves

yeah of course i'm gonna run track slower if i chop my foot off you retard

I don't want to derail this thread, but the comments here about gold ammo are offering this weird, forced dichotomy where either:

A. You think gold ammo is stupid, you don't use it and actively hurt your team as a result, or
B. You think Gold ammo is fine.

It is, in fact, entirely possible to see how the modern WOT meta necessitates the use of gold ammo, use it because the game demands it, but then also see that the entire concept of gold ammo is terrible game design and is still a terrible part of this game. You are allowed to use gold ammo and still complain that its idiotic and argue in favor of changing it.

All of his points are valid.

In addition: WoT is a game where you spend 300 € on loot boxes one day and regret it the next day.

WG under delivered in 2020 in the core mechanics area, big time: no ammo/hp rework, no crew 2.0, equipment 2.0 is a joke.

I don't mind the pay to win power creep that the game has become, but I'd like to have some value for my money spent and not 10 matches in a row where I am on the red team. And being 10 times in a row on a green team is as shit.

On 12/9/2020 at 11:26 PM, Tupinambis said:

I don't want to derail this thread, but the comments here about gold ammo are offering this weird, forced dichotomy where either:

A. You think gold ammo is stupid, you don't use it and actively hurt your team as a result, or
B. You think Gold ammo is fine.

It is, in fact, entirely possible to see how the modern WOT meta necessitates the use of gold ammo, use it because the game demands it, but then also see that the entire concept of gold ammo is terrible game design and is still a terrible part of this game. You are allowed to use gold ammo and still complain that its idiotic and argue in favor of changing it.

you left out the most intelligent and validest of opinions:
C. Gold ammo is only fine when I use it.

15 hours ago, lavawing said:

C. Gold ammo is only fine when I use it.

D. Gold ammo is only fine when I use it on Common Test server.

On 12/9/2020 at 5:46 AM, kolni said:

i rmb rolling this guy in my tier 8 Mutz against his full hp 113 and he lost the 1v1 on flat ground

i also got him to fire gold against me several times without shooting it back

his fanbase was also equally shit, afterwards i had both ingame and twitch PMs about slitting my wrists

i can't think of a player more similar to hardest1 than sirfoch, the only good thing he ever did for the community was the chrysler thing but everything else was just so boneheaded and passive aggressive that i could never understand the appeal of watching someone pardon their performance by gimmicking themselves

yeah of course i'm gonna run track slower if i chop my foot off you retard

Don't hit the messenger.

Bonus: you sound like you are quite full of yourself.

7 hours ago, InconnuGlitterBoy said:

He is one of the greatest players to grace this game, so one could say he has walked the walk.

6 hours ago, PityFool said:

He is one of the greatest players to grace this game, so one could say he has walked the walk.

Fine, but does it validate statements like "the only good thing he ever did for the community" or the generalization of his fanbase as true?

And before someone accuses me of being a butthurt fan, I rarely watched SirFoch.

Happy lockdown Sunday to you all.

On 12/13/2020 at 3:32 AM, InconnuGlitterBoy said:

Don't hit the messenger.

I wasn’t. It was directed at the topic. 

I am, and I didn’t generalise. I specified. I had that happen simply for being on the opposing team of someone who spent his entire gaming career path whining. You think a player like that cultivates a healthy fanbase? 

When you make excuses of your gameplay due to an element that would have killed you regardless if it didnt exist  half the time makes you a really bad source of content - and giving it a platform is how you get to that point. 

Skill and QB are in the same corner, just because they have large platforms doesn’t mean they do anything useful with them, they are not obliged to do so either but there’s a responsibility to at least not fuel the fires. 

I can be full of myself because of the player I am requires me to be. Humility and anonymity don’t blend. Online gaming requires you to think you’re unbeatable to be unbeatable.

A responsibility to at least not fuel the fires? The game is burning by itself and the fuel is the money WG gets from us.

SirFoch is merely an observer and being the pessimist and sarcastic person that he is, it made him miserable to watch the game burn.

All his "whining" can be easily translated to good suggestions of how the game could improve.