Fedaykin89

Farewell, SirFoch! o7

22 hours ago, kolni said:

Skill and QB are in the same corner, just because they have large platforms doesn’t mean they do anything useful with them, they are not obliged to do so either but there’s a responsibility to at least not fuel the fires.

How u mean? If anything, QB is a WG ``fanboy``, Skill mostly just plays, and doesnt give hes opinion much (only about things like lootboxes beiing the best buy and so)

5 hours ago, InconnuGlitterBoy said:

The game is burning by itself and the fuel is the money WG gets from us.

The only hope is a leak of a server side (or someone making an emulator of it) of some old game version that was recent like 4-5 years ago or even more older?

1 hour ago, GehakteMolen said:

How u mean? If anything, QB is a WG ``fanboy``, Skill mostly just plays, and doesnt give hes opinion much (only about things like lootboxes beiing the best buy and so)

QB literally streams in a vacuum where people think he makes good in game decisions. No one to blame and that’s okay, but then he goes on berating MoEs as a measurement of skill because he’s not able to complete them which is just excuses excuses excuses. 

Skill I used just as an example of a large fanbase, himself (the player) is fine and plays his way (but the way he got his stream going was ugly) but his fanbase really ran rampant when people tried to stop him from rigging marks (Mihai got lots of hate for spamming the E6 because skill’s followers were playing it with the explicit intent of dropping the req (doing no damage on purpose in game)) he couldn’t complete on his own. Not his fault that his viewers love their pitchforks - but picking up on himself and pointing at things to direct it is what I’m getting at. Skill hasn’t done that, but Foch made a living out of it. The Ben Shapiro of WoT

On 12/16/2020 at 5:37 AM, kolni said:

I wasn’t. It was directed at the topic. 

I am, and I didn’t generalise. I specified. I had that happen simply for being on the opposing team of someone who spent his entire gaming career path whining. You think a player like that cultivates a healthy fanbase? 

When you make excuses of your gameplay due to an element that would have killed you regardless if it didnt exist  half the time makes you a really bad source of content - and giving it a platform is how you get to that point. 

Skill and QB are in the same corner, just because they have large platforms doesn’t mean they do anything useful with them, they are not obliged to do so either but there’s a responsibility to at least not fuel the fires. 

I can be full of myself because of the player I am requires me to be. Humility and anonymity don’t blend. Online gaming requires you to think you’re unbeatable to be unbeatable.

To be perfectly fair, I don't think WoT as a whole is the sort of game that cultivates a healthy fanbase :duneven:

In any case, it has never been the job of a streamer to improve those who watch them play, it is not their job to be good at the game; and it is not even their job to enjoy playing. They're there to entertain people, and Foch, while he decidedly did not enjoy WoT, did entertain some sorts with his salty and sour persona and the fact that he was generally miserable while at it.

His decision to not use gold shoots himself in the foot, as you say, but you seem to forget that players have no duty to play optimally, especially when you think the optimal way to play these days (gold + food) is distasteful. 

I did sort of like his content because he was so unabashedly critical of WG's decisions. And he did do some good, I think, by more or less singlehandedly starting a shitstorm about both weakspot removal and goldspam during that Chrysler K debacle - two sides of the same coin. 

I guess it was also interesting to see how he (tried to) play around not using gold in tanks that were pretty much built for gold spam (Chinese HTs, IS-7)

21 hours ago, kolni said:

QB literally streams in a vacuum where people think he makes good in game decisions. No one to blame and that’s okay, but then he goes on berating MoEs as a measurement of skill because he’s not able to complete them which is just excuses excuses excuses. 

Skill I used just as an example of a large fanbase, himself (the player) is fine and plays his way (but the way he got his stream going was ugly) but his fanbase really ran rampant when people tried to stop him from rigging marks (Mihai got lots of hate for spamming the E6 because skill’s followers were playing it with the explicit intent of dropping the req (doing no damage on purpose in game)) he couldn’t complete on his own. Not his fault that his viewers love their pitchforks - but picking up on himself and pointing at things to direct it is what I’m getting at. Skill hasn’t done that, but Foch made a living out of it. The Ben Shapiro of WoT

Ah, k

I have no idea how skill got hes thing going though.

Hes the only streamer i sometimes watch (the youtube things, not the stream itself), because he plays almost every single tank once in a while, doesnt have shitty playstyle things, and admits hes own shortcomings (hes long range shooting of moving targets is sometimes quite poor, hehe)

Only thing i can "blame him for" (and most streamers in that regard) is that they teach the playerbase to camp like a bitch, might be succesfull, but when ppl start copying this, it makes dreadfull gameplay...

2 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

Only thing i can "blame him for" (and most streamers in that regard) is that they teach the playerbase to camp like a bitch, might be succesfull, but when ppl start copying this, it makes dreadfull gameplay...

I blame the map design, not streamers, for that. 

38 minutes ago, sohojacques said:

I blame the map design

Was it better? If yes, before what day?

17 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

march 21, 2018

Ah, the infamous update 0.9.23... some people started reversing 0.7.0 and 0.9.22.0.1 clients, maybe something will happen once upon a day.

9 hours ago, DrWeb7_1 said:

Was it better? If yes, before what day?

Maps uniformly became way more campy with patch 1.0.

13 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

quite the opposite for me

them teaching pubbies about aggressive early game positions that they can never utilize with their complete lack of skill is my one gripe, seeing some braindead pubbie trying to fight me for a key position that they will die in while accomplishing nothing is beyond annoying.   

i think a smart player realises that sometimes not doing anything is the most effective thing, as when you decide between 1v1 kill with heavy HP trading or playing it slow for the team. 

take time is a way to lose agency with heavy forced traiding at some point, so avoiding them is to ramp up the game. If you want to win you have to initiate a LOT on your own, but fot DPG you need to decide if an early aggressive move va slowplaying one (low risk vs close to guaranteed) is where you start solving these positions and develop it further to up your own tempo and can better predict the outcome to basically make shortcuts that gives you more agency. The best have the agency of ~3 tanks as avg I think so that’s the agency I can account for If the move is  a winning move gives me more time to create a situation i want to be in and have as a plan for a game that goes as planned. Use the agency to translate it to a lead. Remember the response to your weaknesses though and get tid of them one by one. Improve your positioning assume the opponent plays well. At least equally. 

always with purpose, can’t say why you do it? can’t explain why? - get rid of it

minimap every 5s - muscle memory, make it one 

not moving could be because you are pinned, or pressured and then camping has that reason. You CANT move withojt making your situation worse, so you do nothing. It’s the best play, no? Time passing is the most effective way to ramp up damage; is when you camp. You can reasomably get to this conclusion by prediction is how you create good condotions out of a specific example I try to make happen. 

use this type of thinking to separate your camping from your forced positions, those might not be mistakes either so consider always If there’s a better way to do it, you want to find it before you get in the scenario in randoms again, so you know what to do to win If someone else thinks of it first, they might be further along or have a better team than you thought. 

Wrong guess? -  remember the sequence and look at why it’s going wrong to find the point where your move starts to become a losing one . Find that point, go through replay and think of better moves and try them in randoms and continue finding good movement patterns and a timing feel to understand agency and why it matters when you want a win since you testran them already, I remember most of the strong answers to what i try to do so i know how to shift my agency to max my DPG out. This means you can increase them both ways at the cost of the other. Learning when the other way was better is the most efficient way to improve your decisions. One moment in a yes or no decision has decided games, so that is damage you can squeeze out on your own - in theory. This is how you learn maps. It’s how you start to understand how much you can do in a 2-3 second time window before it happens. It’s basically where I find endless improvement as very few games are ones I consider perfect. Usually something somewhere was better, finding them is how you polish your set play book. 

You do a LOT at the same time If you take the time to make this a quickly decided process. It’s just testing a situation but knowing its strongest move when many are good ones become questions you also end up asking when polishing map responsen. Just do it on games you felt were winnable that weren’t. Find the way to counter your move to decide If it’s likely enough an enemy does it as a response to my move. Overloolking something? Polish. 

if this made sense to you then you will improve just by doing and thinking these ways but If you didn’t then it becomes a LOT of different ideas that are coming together as responses to earlier moves for an advantage. 

This is what I imagined up as applicable to every scenario and as many you can get in, and how I think when something isn’t working. So it’s the easiest list of knowing how you answer is a good general question in the more spirit of a smart player. That things like this is how you improve the games that weren’t perfected. Most Maps always need continous adjustments but some really work over time too, so you can’t not improve by doing what i wrote 

3 hours ago, kolni said:

*text*

The TL:DR is (if i summarize it well)

Be a (wo)man with a plan!

You should have a reason why you are at point X, what your goal there is, and when you should retreat (so when on top of hill campinovka:

1. Why are you there?
  2. When will you stay?
  3. When will you leave?
  4. What is the risk?

If you do the above flawless, you will never loose a game that could have been won.

It also means when you commit to a place you cant retreat from, you should be well aware of this, since point 3 When will you leave? is no longer an option (however those place are often key positions, so this is a choice you need to make, and thats imo what seperates unicums from not-unicums... (and this is why i now suk, i keep guessing wrong and thus either play to passive, or overextend / become greedy, my 6e sense for going the right place at the right time it no longer working proper)

On the contrary, I actually played this game again the other night, making a record of three times in one month! Before that you were lucky for one in two months for five whole minutes at best. I seriously dislike what the game feels like now and how annoyingly over co-ordinated everyone is. They see you, they hold W until one of you is dead if you're even a tank down and all just focus you. Sure, this is actually how to win as a team usually, but it's no fun getting shit stomped after two shots of damage because 5 fools all w keyed at you and probably all died themselves to your teammates :( That's one of my biggest gripes, I think it might also be some of the graphics/aesthetic changes that make the game feel weird, along with me playing almost entirely FPSes/one or two RTSes for quite a while now so I snap on everything out of habit instead of being patient and aiming in, urgh.

How's everyone else's tank session/career going at this point?

On 12/18/2020 at 10:49 AM, Rexxie said:

march 21, 2018 was the biggest single release of terrible map design

I can agree to that. so many of the 1.0 map changes were just bafflingly boneheaded