Jump to content
Deus__Ex__Machina

Poor Financial Decisions 2020 Edition (lootboxes)

Recommended Posts

Not to mention that the Bisonte's turret is much faster than the IS-3A's and the hull is much faster than the Defender's... plus I assume most people don't have quite as good of a crew on the Bison making it even more punishing. I cant imagine playing that against a horde of tiny Bourrasques and GSORs...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rexxie said:

Not to mention that the Bisonte's turret is much faster than the IS-3A's and the hull is much faster than the Defender's... plus I assume most people don't have quite as good of a crew on the Bison making it even more punishing. I cant imagine playing that against a horde of tiny Bourrasques and GSORs...

Ha, I’m rocking a near-5-skill crew on my Bisonte. Peasants!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought 100 boxes and got:

About 38k gold

Bourasqsws

Bisconte

ISU

All tier 5/6 tanks? But only once, no extra gold for me

A swarm of Locusts, like a dozen at least and a bunch of the other wee tanks as well

All 3D styles, I had all of the old ones from before

Didn't look at my prem days or credit before opening the boxes, but I'd guess I got about 50-100 days and 8M credits

Link to post
Share on other sites

150 boxes and I'm more annoyed at myself than at WG

Got the Borrat and the ISU, but I really only wanted the other 2.........................

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lavawing said:

150 boxes and I'm more annoyed at myself than at WG

Got the Borrat and the ISU, but I really only wanted the other 2.........................

Oof. Feels like me last year, I got 3 x 25 in a row chasing the 703 or E 75 TS, got neither. Should have just bought the 75 package.

Not sure what to do this year - I only care about the GSOR and Bisonte as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I lost control of myself.

Bought 75 got ISU and Maus 3D Skin and the lower tier prems.

Bought another 75 boxes. Got Bisonte and Conq GC (fml) and 13 105 skin.

Bought another 25 boxes. Got GSOR and STB1 Skin (jesus f*** finally)

Still no Borat.

Watched some yt videos about how broken Borat is.

Bought another 11 boxes - got it in the 9th. 

 

I'm only missing the WZ skin now from my wishlist but this is enough.

Sitting at 75k Gold atm don't know what to do with it anyways.

When the IS3A was available I got it and all 4 skins in 25 boxes. Never bothered again with it. Seems like this is the payback.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tzeentech said:

I lost control of myself.

Bought 75 got ISU and Maus 3D Skin and the lower tier prems.

Bought another 75 boxes. Got Bisonte and Conq GC (fml) and 13 105 skin.

Bought another 25 boxes. Got GSOR and STB1 Skin (jesus f*** finally)

Still no Borat.

Watched some yt videos about how broken Borat is.

Bought another 11 boxes - got it in the 9th. 

 

I'm only missing the WZ skin now from my wishlist but this is enough.

Sitting at 75k Gold atm don't know what to do with it anyways.

When the IS3A was available I got it and all 4 skins in 25 boxes. Never bothered again with it. Seems like this is the payback.

feelsbadman 

Link to post
Share on other sites

To further aid WG in their quest for real gold, bought 25 Magic boxes, got 8K+ gold, most of the little tanks, month of premium. Decided no more. Then 50TP came up, at 9900 gold. I had 9820. So, donated $99 to WG for 75 Christmas boxes. Immediate Polar Express, wiiiith... ISU-152. Okay, was fun when I had it years ago. Few boxes later, Bisonte! And 20 boxes later, Borat! Then just gold and stuff, but M4FL10 in that stuff, so cool! And then last batch, GSOR!

Moral, just give all your money to WG for OPcstacy!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, seems like the luck for the forums regulars is a bit more slanted towards the bad side this year.

I kind of want the Bourra really badly but I keep on telling myself I cannot afford to throw another $130 bucks at this game... Must...Resist...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2020 at 6:55 AM, Private_Miros said:

I actually want to buy some but I cannot as they are banned in Belgium :(

VPN?

Can you get someone to "gift" them to you?



75 Christmas Boxes ( I already had the highlighted tanks) and never bougth boxes last year.

cestuhJ.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 8_Hussars said:

VPN?

Can you get someone to "gift" them to you?
 

Got 25 in the end :) And got all the tanks! Super lucky.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, 8_Hussars said:

VPN?

Can you get someone to "gift" them to you?



75 Christmas Boxes ( I already had the highlighted tanks) and never bougth boxes last year.

cestuhJ.png

 

4 hours ago, 8_Hussars said:

I'm calling the authorities!

 ;-)

Looks like you did really well too to be fair!

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Snoregasm2 said:

 

Looks like you did really well too to be fair!

No complaints here.  The only thing I missed out on that I kinda wanted, was the STB skin.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fought with myself to buy one more set of 11 boxes before the event was over, but I ended up realizing how dumb that was 10 boxes in when all I'd gotten is 500 extra gold instead of a large pizza. then the 11th box came inside of me, so im much more okay about going hungry.

TBH getting a GSOR and Bourr in $40 was lucky af.

image.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rexxie said:

Fought with myself to buy one more set of 11 boxes before the event was over, but I ended up realizing how dumb that was 10 boxes in when all I'd gotten is 500 extra gold instead of a large pizza. then the 11th box came inside of me, so im much more okay about going hungry.

TBH getting a GSOR and Bourr in $40 was lucky af.

image.png

Don't... tempt... me...

Feeling increasingly salty about having only landed the Bisconte and not the GSOR or the Bourra as while it's not a bad tank, it just feels so limited I don't know how much I'll end up taking it out in future and its tech-tree line looks garbage at the moment.

On a slightly more serious note, I hope the line about you going hungry due to buying lootboxes is said mostly in jest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Balthazars said:

I hope the line about you going hungry due to buying lootboxes is said mostly in jest.

It is, don't worry :P

Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought 2 x 75 large boxes and 1x 25 large , needed gold and xp for the horrible grind up to E50.
Started with the 25- that was pretty much empty, a couple of skins that was all.
The 2. 75 was jackpot. Got Borat, GSOR and like 4-5 tier X skins.
3.one had Bisonte and the french tier VII autoloader.
GSOR and Borat lovely tanks both and I generally only drive fascist box tanks solo so that double-barreled crap
I dont mind missing out on anyway.
Very pleased with the outcome
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...