Crew 2.0 Prototype Interface:

f5afylu5zt461.jpg

mlvq2kx5zt461.jpg

New Platoon Interface/Search System:

7xq7yem20u461.jpg

u4388yw20u461.jpg

cmlgi8030u461.jpg

xc4flt240u461.jpg

I don't like the idea of replacing multiple crew members with just one crew. The whole concept just rubs me the wrong way.

Some of the points make sense game wise, like making 6th Sense a default skill (WoWS did that too), and being able to train your crew for multiple tanks, but I feel you could do that while keeping the current multi-crewmember setup.

Seems odd they think it's a bad idea to introduce more wheelies based on feedback but have british wheelies planned...

Also pls no nerf t49.

Yeah im not sure about crew 2.0 either.

If they're thinking about making it more similar to how it works in blitz, no thanks please. Even if they changed it to WOWS style, still wouldnt like. It just wouldnt work anywhere near as well as it does in WOWS.

Am also skeptical about getting screwed over. One crew for 3 tanks, what do I do with my other 2 crews?

Sixth as default is the only solidly good news there IMO.

I’d be surprised if the crew rework happened any time soon. Messing it up would be the equivalent of nerfing a premium tank.

Edit: Actually, it’d be worse. Good tanks come and go. Crews are forever.

Going down the list in a ugly wall of text:

• As a closet Derp Gun enthusiast I await this one with a bit of trepidation. It doesn't sound like a hard nerf, but I really don't want to use the 90mm on my T49.
  • The arty rebalance isn't the total removal or the pay to not see arty system I was hopping for, but I like the idea of a dedicated counterbattery system and artillery "sixth sense". The counterbattery system adds a bit of risk to a class that takes no risks now. As for all the different ammo types, meh, it sounds like one type of ammo will become favored for everything but doing missions.
  • Crew 2.0 looks like a mixed bag. 6th sense free on every crew is possibly the best thing Wargaming can to to retain new players. Trying to play low tiers against dedicated seal clubbers without it is a nightmare and its good WG is actually trying to do something about that. One crew member per tank and the ability to move between three tanks kind of pisses me off. I have sunk tens of thousands of gold into buying 100% crews for every tech tree tank in my garage. now being told I only need 1/3 of the crews and only one person per crew really upsets me. I have 3 crews of female crew members from way back when Sisterhood of steel was a separate perk, now they are all going to be mashed into one crew? Really? All that hard work from personal missions flushed down the drain in one update. I do wonder how they will even try to compensate for that sort of stuff. 
  • Battle pass. I don't care that you can get points in ranked, every game of ranked I have ever played has left me with a migraine.  The whole system is something I don't really pay attention to. I get the free stuff and move on with my life.
  • Map training! OMG! HOLY SHIT! FINNALLY! Jesus Christ on a bike! How long did it take for WG to decide to do this? This might be the best feature on the list. The ability to drive around a map on your own and just look at it is awesome.
  • New tanks? New Gimmicks? Port returning before the heat death of the universe? This ought to be interesting to say the least.
  • Frontlines: Time to get my REEEEEEBR crew up to 7 perks by killing arty all game.
  • The new platoon system allows you to bring general chat into battle with you. I see a great many angry Reddit posts about this in the future. :popcorn:
  • Team Clans: I want to see a NA version with three really toxic NA players and someone who is super chill rounding out the roster. That would be hilarious.
  • "Unpopular" tank rebalancing. Stay the fuck away from my Charioteer WG. 
  • Personal Missions 3.0: T-90 Prototype as the tier 10 reward tank pls. Or at least some sort of Soviet abomination.

all i took from this was

A: fuck HE

B: fuck arty

C: over complicated new crew system that everyone will have to re-learn

D: Czech HT branch that will probably feature some new over developed gimmick 

we get these stupid developer Q&A's every year where WG promises the world while delivering less than half of it, while taking years to get any of it done.

25 minutes ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

we get these stupid developer Q&A's every year where WG promises the world while delivering less than half of it, while taking years to get any of it done.

Why make changes when a few more prem tanks does the trick?

I for one am quite excited for the upcoming Italian HT prem that will feature *shuffles deck of gimmicks* damage scaling based on time the shot has been held. 

37 minutes ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Why make changes when a few more prem tanks does the trick?

I for one am quite excited for the upcoming Italian HT prem that will feature *shuffles deck of gimmicks* damage scaling based on time the shot has been held. 

i imagine at this point they just write a bunch of random shit on sticky notes on a wall and throw darts 

the polish mediums still being the most amusing to me: "Press a button to go faster lol, but make it only available on the tier 10" 

Another point to make, a shift to the WoWS 'captain' system for crew would likely be a positive change, but that doesn't look like what WG has in mind.

The WoWS captain system makes sense for WoWS because no one wants to manage 1000+ individual crew members' skills.
4-6 crew members in a tank is something else, and WoT would lose a lot of character and immersion by moving away from that.
It's my biggest gripe with Crew 2.0

Not really gameplay related, I know, but I like my crewmen (and women) just the way they are.

IMHO they should just give us 6th for free and be done with it.

I don´t realy see a reason for the HE rework. After the Type nerf I don´t see a problem there in public matches. 
Sure there is maybe some HE "spam" here and there. But how else do you want to counter all the this stupid hull down positions and turret meta WG implemented over the last years? 
The only gamemode I see HE spam regulary is in ranked. But ranked meta is AIDS anyway.

In public I don´t see a problem. FV TDs are stupid, yes. But here WG showed many times they don´t care and like this broken one shots. 

6th sense for everyone and multi-tank crews is necessary, especially for new players. The rest sounds like two drunk guys in a bar talking shit. 

1 hour ago, Panzergraf said:

Just half a dozen more arty reworks, and people might stop complaining.

because by then the game will be dead

Maybe half a dozen more arty reworks and WG will realize it isn't a workable mechanic and scrap it.  (I know but I can dream)

28 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

SPG Rebalance: [...]AP will be faster, but lower arch. So french artillery throwing AP can only hit anything in a straight line then?

one can only hope.

3 hours ago, TouchFluffyTail said:

Another point to make, a shift to the WoWS 'captain' system for crew would likely be a positive change, but that doesn't look like what WG has in mind.

I personally dont think so.

WoWSs crew system is too full of gimmicks and things that dont work/apply to WoT, and only works well in ships because that entire game revolves around gimmicks. 

E.g: gives your vehicle literally more health.

Gives your HE shells directly higher pen.

Allow you to see the general grid square of the closest enemy to you

Etc etc.

Things like this just feel like they'd break WoT.

The only real change the crew system in WoT needs is sixth sense as default, IMO. Thats it. 

Do people really have a problem with the mechanics of HE? I'm sure the problem was always the high alpha and the fact that its the only shell that can cut through the hulldown pixel weakspot tanks they put out but WG will WG I guess, I'm not sure why they're choosing to die on this hill...

I'm kinda hyped for their THIRD arty rework now, but it remains to be seen if it will balance the interactions between the loser getting slammed and the bigger loser shooting. Really depends on how much leeway they're going to give the sixth sense. Maybe they should give arty more incentive to counterbattery, like an XP bonus or something.

I'm also skeptical about their crew rework. I see the only problem being 6th not being default, and if they really wanted to overhaul the crew they should've just gone equipment 2.0 and rework the ones that already exist, add more, then reset all your crews. It would be a PITA to train again but I don't want to bench a third of my crew and have them swab the barracks everyday

The other announcments I can take or leave, I'm not super interested in them

Every year right at Christmas they dump a massive list of promises to get you all optimistic and excited so you buy gambling boxes. Half of it never sees the light of day, much of what does get implemented is watered down, and it takes years. I'm no longer spending money based on what they're "going" to do.