JMak97008

Terribad WoT player upgrades to 3080 and sees no change in fps

Got lucky and scored an EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080 to replace my EVGA 2070 Super XC.  OC'ing the 2070 and running at 2050Mhz, nearly all settings maxed, I was able to run at about 115fps with dips to low 100s on a 3440x1440 uw.  However, after installing the XC3, running stock, and no in-game changes, Im stuck at 115-118fps, although it's rock solid at that frame rate.

Im also running a 10700K with 4x8GB Patriot 4400s.  Running these two at stock witht he 3080, I get stuck at 115-118fps.  Even running an oc'd 5.0Ghz and 4000Mhz 16-16-16-38, there's no buding off the 115-118fps.

Any thoughts, ideas?

3 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Do You have a 120Hz monitor and Vsync on?

Yes, a Predator 100Hz display oc'd to 120Hz.

In nVidia Control Panel, Vertical sync was set to "Use the 3d application setting".  VSync is turned off in WoT.

Sounds like its locked to that fps. I wouldn't mind, its probably better for response times.

I usually get game crashes with my 3080 sometimes. A restart usually fixes it for a while.

53 minutes ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Sounds like its locked to that fps. I wouldn't mind, its probably better for response times.

I usually get game crashes with my 3080 sometimes. A restart usually fixes it for a while.

Any idea how to unlock?

I have VSync off and GSync off now.

Figured it out...enable G-Sync in nVidia Control Panel and then select full screen. Selecting full screen and windowed just locks it to the display's refresh rate or 120 in my case.  Seems to me that if selecting full screen unlocks unlimited frames in full screen, then selecting full and windowed should behave the same way.