triack2000

Returning to the game after a long time

Title pretty much says it. I left the game around 2016 at around 1750 win, now I am having a hard time getting back up there. Currently running in the 1400s. Would like to try to get over 2000.signature.png

It took me roughly 8-10 months to return to my old performance averages. Re-learning the maps, decision making, etc all takes time.

Edited by PityFool

honestly watch replays on YT to help learn maps and positioning. 

And study armor models on tanks.gg like a fucking book because boy are you in for a treat in regards to all the insanely armored tanks currently running around. also learn which tanks have clips and such because there are alot more of those as well. 

honestly in general you should study tanks.gg for abit to learn about all the new tanks and gimmicks that you have missed

Definitely study tanks.gg and watch some replays or streams of good players to get map knowledge. Skill4ltu has a million videos and plays at 4.5k+ WN8, so copying his positioning is probably always a good thing for a green player, even if you cant utilize it as well yet.

I have no idea how you played back in 2016, but as another 2016 returner, my big mistake for the first few months was being as aggressive as I used to be. Lethality is much different now at T8+: autoloaders are very popular, alpha is generally higher, gun handling is generally better, gold is more ubiquitous, arty is more consistently dangerous, and tanks are generally faster. Understandably, everyone plays like 2015 chaisnipers now, you'll just have to play around that.

Good luck in your journey.

3 hours ago, Rexxie said:

Definitely study tanks.gg and watch some replays or streams of good players to get map knowledge. Skill4ltu has a million videos and plays at 4.5k+ WN8, so copying his positioning is probably always a good thing for a green player, even if you cant utilize it as well yet.

I have no idea how you played back in 2016, but as another 2016 returner, my big mistake for the first few months was being as aggressive as I used to be. Lethality is much different now at T8+: autoloaders are very popular, alpha is generally higher, gun handling is generally better, gold is more ubiquitous, arty is more consistently dangerous, and tanks are generally faster. Understandably, everyone plays like 2015 chaisnipers now, you'll just have to play around that.

Good luck in your journey.

This. 8s play like 10s these days. And as for 10s - don't bother

also don't expect top tiers tank to have an idea, it is so much faster to get to 10 now that you will see platoons of e100 with sub 5k battles driving to hill in himmels, to then block each other turning the corner :cri:

Back after two years and I'm just playing premium tanks to learn the maps, tanks, and modules while whoring credits.