InconnuGlitterBoy

Explain this to me please

Please forgive me, feel free to move this to the correct forums section.

Anybody care to explain this to me: https://wotlabs.net/eu/player/Luxembourgeois_Bivange

Do the bots work so well nowadays at low tiers to give one an overall WR of 55%? Is this the new meta? Stats pad with a bot at tier 1 and play at 3x% at high tiers? WG got to be kidding us all not to ban such accounts for good. Needless to say, the bot got more exp than me.

shot_008.jpg

49 minutes ago, InconnuGlitterBoy said:

Needless to say, the bot got more exp than me.

Id be mad too if a bot outplayed me

u can have 95% wr’s by 3PlatJ’ing at tier III as pretty much blue players.

tier average exists and service Record exist to verify level, inflation is a thing

at low tiers a bot likely mechanically outplays new players enough for a positive winrate isn’t something i would dismiss as possible. not at high tiers cuz bot can’t macro. 

5 hours ago, lavawing said:

bots can get 55% ish winrates with certain TDs and arties at low tiers (source: a certain friend of mine)

Even years ago basic bots could get yellow / green stats (even on tier 5-6 tier tanks afaik).

All a bot needs to do (if its say an KV-1s)

1. Go to an easy to defend key point / the best place on each map (a certain corner, a certain bush)
  2. Wait xx amount of time for enemy to show up, if no enemy, move to next place, when enemy spotted, stop and use auto aim
  3. Repeat and profit

Even with basic moving patterns, you easy outperm 50% of the player, doing your own hit points of damage as heavy means positive winratio after a while for old KV-1s, thats just over 2 hits average, with auto aim and enough pen to penetrate same tier tanks head on, thats easy doable...

TL:DR: the average wot player is awefull both with positioning and shooting, so an bot going to the right side and using autoaim will outperform half the player base easy...

ps: i bet an bot in a T-10 loading full heat, or a T30 or E4, so it will pen most shots will also win 50% 2/3 of the players wont do more as 3 hits of dmg in an E4 a bot loading APCR and just camping at the right spots should do that...

This just looks like one particular breed of proclubber. It sits in a single bush on every map, usually with binocs and camo net, with the plan to shoot at everything that comes within range. By the time you have a good crew with full camo and some view range stuff, it can actually be reasonably effective because new players + bad crews = magic invisible sniper tank. The higher up the tiers you go, the more the approach falters because being inactive the bulk of the game becomes more and more problematic. You also have increasingly less gap between your super crew and the average opponent's crew. At tier 10 it completely crashes because it's taking a top tier tank out of the game every time. Note how much worse it performs in heavies than TDs, because at least it's matching the TD's role.

Imagine playing arty and getting mad at a bot

:kappa:

Honestly that a decent spot for a Sconq to farm some late dmg which is why he probably did better than you  even if he did nothing to help win

16 hours ago, yoyoya2 said:

Imagine playing arty and getting mad at a bot

:kappa:

Honestly that a decent spot for a Sconq to farm some late dmg which is why he probably did better than you  even if he did nothing to help win

Do I really have to explain the difference between a bot and an arty to you? I am not mad at a bot, I am mad because for years this issue hasn't been solved by WG.

"It" went there at the start of the battle, made two shots late into the game and got 1 kill. 153 exp for a bot whereas the Strv who made close to 3k got 194 exp. Do you think that this is a healthy ratio?

On 12/19/2020 at 12:00 AM, lavawing said:

bots can get 55% ish winrates with certain TDs and arties at low tiers (source: a certain friend of mine)

I recall weegee saying that some of the actual low tier bots are programed to play at a higher level and may play better than live players. Go figure. 

If stationary the low tier bots will spam gold into your weakpoints, which is I guess playing at a higher level than some live players.
They're easily confused though, and often end up mindlessly driving around while turning their hulls and turrets in opposite directions. All in all I rate them as less of a threat than even red players with less than 1k battles, mostly from their total lack of agency outside of moving to their pre-programmed destination.

7 hours ago, Hellsfog said:

I recall weegee saying that some of the actual low tier bots are programed to play at a higher level and may play better than live players. Go figure. 

Considering some of the specimen this game has, that's unsurprising.

14 hours ago, InconnuGlitterBoy said:

Do I really have to explain the difference between a bot and an arty to you? I am not mad at a bot, I am mad because for years this issue hasn't been solved by WG.

"It" went there at the start of the battle, made two shots late into the game and got 1 kill. 153 exp for a bot whereas the Strv who made close to 3k got 194 exp. Do you think that this is a healthy ratio?

Honestly I don't get mad at bots, More HP to farm. Things like this happen in games where there is no SBMM and you gotta just enjoy it as it is. Imagine having to tryhard every game sometimes you gotta have bot-like or bot players to farm. I think that's why WG doesn't really care. It doesn't bring down the enjoyment of players having these awful players or bots.

WG hasn't yet removed arty which no sane person enjoys having in their match while with bots at least one team enjoys it.

32 minutes ago, yoyoya2 said:

Honestly I don't get mad at bots, More HP to farm. Things like this happen in games where there is no SBMM and you gotta just enjoy it as it is. Imagine having to tryhard every game sometimes you gotta have bot-like or bot players to farm. I think that's why WG doesn't really care. It doesn't bring down the enjoyment of players having these awful players or bots

A bright side is that bots on your team wont push you out in front of enemies or block your shots. Human 40%ers are way worse than Bot 40%ers

On 12/19/2020 at 6:14 PM, GehakteMolen said:

Even years ago basic bots could get yellow / green stats (even on tier 5-6 tier tanks afaik).

All a bot needs to do (if its say an KV-1s)

1. Go to an easy to defend key point / the best place on each map (a certain corner, a certain bush)
  2. Wait xx amount of time for enemy to show up, if no enemy, move to next place, when enemy spotted, stop and use auto aim
  3. Repeat and profit

Even with basic moving patterns, you easy outperm 50% of the player, doing your own hit points of damage as heavy means positive winratio after a while for old KV-1s, thats just over 2 hits average, with auto aim and enough pen to penetrate same tier tanks head on, thats easy doable...

TL:DR: the average wot player is awefull both with positioning and shooting, so an bot going to the right side and using autoaim will outperform half the player base easy...

ps: i bet an bot in a T-10 loading full heat, or a T30 or E4, so it will pen most shots will also win 50% 2/3 of the players wont do more as 3 hits of dmg in an E4 a bot loading APCR and just camping at the right spots should do that...

this.

bots may have zero macro skills but mechanically they are perfect. they will hit light tanks/wheelies whether in arty mode or shotgunning. if you are playing a light and getting consistently splashed with silver HE it's quite likely you're getting targeted by a bot

i know for a fact that bots can get 2 MoE on the M44 with food and purple equipment - something I can't do because I suck at arta 

3 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

A bright side is that bots on your team wont push you out in front of enemies or block your shots. Human 40%ers are way worse than Bot 40%ers

So much this.

Sometimes I wonder if half the playerbase are just unattended dogs, salty unattended dogs.

6 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

i see no difference 

Your problem, not mine. Objectively there are many differences and the common denominator is "bad for the game".

Not everything bad is comparable, but hey add some EBR whine and what not to this thread, it keeps it tidy and on topic.

9 hours ago, yoyoya2 said:

It doesn't bring down the enjoyment of players having these awful players or bots.

WG hasn't yet removed arty which no sane person enjoys having in their match while with bots at least one team enjoys it.

I don't like the 15 to 0 roflstomps on either side.

This particular bot is a 3x% bot on tier 9/10 with a WN8 of 1 in his S. Conq while being a ~60% WR, ~3000 WN8 bot (?) in a Luchs. The discrepancy is so huge, by now I am considering this to be a former seal clubbing account which got sold to a botter.