Bobi_Kreeg

Holiday Ops 2021

Is it even possible to get all Xmas tree decorations without buying Large Boxes?

I've done most of the missions so far and still have very few tier 5 decorations. :(

Yes, sure, just get the boxes and break them down to shards, get random tier V decorations with the decorider and you're golden.

That and the daily drops by the snegurotski.

But I still need like 120 of them, or 123, didnt count today. That's 45.000 shards IF I don't get ANY duplicates. :D

17 minutes ago, Bobi_Kreeg said:

But I still need like 120 of them, or 123, didnt count today. That's 45.000 shards IF I don't get ANY duplicates. :D

Once they're made you can burn them back down into shards to refund half the price.

Do you need 120 of them to get everything or 120 of them to hit 1% on the collection bonuses? I don't think you can or should try to finish the collections entirely, a f2p player can only really finish one entire collection. But hitting 1% isnt hard, and you can spend the rest of your shards on old xmas collection camos.

I want all of them, but it doesn't seem possible.

33 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

Once they're made you can burn them back down into shards to refund half the price.

Do you need 120 of them to get everything or 120 of them to hit 1% on the collection bonuses? I don't think you can or should try to finish the collections entirely, a f2p player can only really finish one entire collection. But hitting 1% isnt hard, and you can spend the rest of your shards on old xmas collection camos.

Yea, seems like F2P players are supposed to get last year gifts. :(

edit:

Just opened all of today's small boxes: got only one tier IV deco and rest is trash. And every day is like this. FML 

I tried the year before last year to get the tree completed and earned about 90% of the total small boxes. I made it to level X on the tree but only got about 2/3 of the total decorations. I don't think it is practical to do it without buying all 4 types of big boxes.

4 hours ago, Bobi_Kreeg said:

Ah, yes, sorry, I thought you meant just getting tier X. Getting all decorations? Nah. Even with a gift of 25 boxes I'm still miles away from that.

Honestly it's just camos. And fugly ones at that, mostly. I just got the ones I didn't get from last year, anything from this year is just a bonus. The main point is to get to the +50% as soon as possible.

I'm at 41% boost now. That's enough for me.

I'll invest all other shards on last year's camos. 

7 hours ago, Bobi_Kreeg said:

I'll invest all other shards on last year's camos. 

I thought you can only buy old camos after you complete the 4 sets for this year?

any reason to complete the old sets?

I got 8400 shards and reached lvl 10 anyway (dont have collections from this year complete, far from, but any reason in doing so?)

37 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

any reason to complete the old sets?

I got 8400 shards and reached lvl 10 anyway (dont have collections from this year complete, far from, but any reason in doing so?)

the sakura set is really nice and helps to make tanks with big flat surfaces look a bit less drab (masochist boxes mainly)

the chinese gilt one is absolutely, gloriously, and offensively ugly and is an okay substitute if you don't have the Type 59 in gold

and there's an old Russian one which looks very............blue, and it's actually decent on the IS-4/6/T-44-100, etc

26 minutes ago, lavawing said:

the sakura set is really nice and helps to make tanks with big flat surfaces look a bit less drab (masochist boxes mainly)

the chinese gilt one is absolutely, gloriously, and offensively ugly and is an okay substitute if you don't have the Type 59 in gold

and there's an old Russian one which looks very............blue, and it's actually decent on the IS-4/6/T-44-100, etc

which is the chinese one? then im gonna complete that set, hehe

31 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

which is the chinese one? then im gonna complete that set, hehe

shot_052.jpg
presented without comment.

It's the 2018 Chinese New Year One - only for Chinese tanks so caveat emptor!

47 minutes ago, lavawing said:

This one looks really great when the sun catches it in game. It's the opposite of camo, but it can be quite lovely. 

4 hours ago, lavawing said:

shot_052.jpg
presented without comment.

That really is hideous, gonna get it!

shot_1004.thumb.jpg.0c9470e638566d8677c93f5f31bbd326.jpg

On 1/1/2021 at 2:07 PM, Rexxie said:

nope you can buy them immediately

IIRC you need Festive Level X to unlock the previous years offerings... but the point is likely moot for OP and others.