GehakteMolen

Referral Program 2.0 (the tanks)

Which reward tank is (not) worth getting?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which to pick?

• T54 first prototype
    • Kanonen jpz 105
    • Fv 4202
    • Amx c.a. 105 (the sleek looking td)
    • T26e5
    • T92
    • Panther 88
    • Jagdtiger 88
    • Liberte (added this one, because the list and weblink are different, hurr durr)
  2. 2. Which certainly not too pick?

• T54 first prototype
    • Kanonen jpz 105
    • Fv 4202
    • Amx c.a. 105 (the sleek looking td)
    • T26e5
    • T92
    • Panther 88
    • Jagdtiger 88
    • Liberte (added this one, because the list and weblink are different, hurr durr)

There is a new referral program, where u need to play with your recruit, to get some rewards and suchs, the final reward is a tier 8 premium tank, and i was wondering, which is the best 2 get?

2 poll`s, 1 where u can vote, which are ok, and the shitters (you can select multiple tanks for both, because it seems there are multiple shitters to choose from :serb:

I myself guess T54 mod and Patriot are by far the best and Fv 4202, 112 and Amx 105 are playable, but??

(i have a Panther 88, and had (and sold) a Jt-88 (traded it in for T54 proto)

42 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

There is a new referral program, where u need to play with your recruit, to get some rewards and suchs, the final reward is a tier 8 premium tank, and i was wondering, which is the best 2 get?

2 poll`s, 1 where u can vote, which are ok, and the shitters (you can select multiple tanks for both, because it seems there are multiple shitters to choose from :serb:

I myself guess T54 mod and Patriot are by far the best and Fv 4202, 112 and Amx 105 are playable, but??

(i have a Panther 88, and had (and sold) a Jt-88 (traded it in for T54 proto)

the real neurone activation move is to wait for the trade in at the end of this month, trade in your liberte for an STG for 3450 gold, replace your liberte with the referral liberte, then wait for the STG to get its buffs on live server. :nyes:

in all seriousness, I'd pick the Panther 8.8 because it's not available for gold or for bonds, and isn't that terrible after the buffs

They might give the T26E5 some love after buffing the Spersh for the nth time, but as with all things WG it would be wrong to expect much in the way of rhyme or reason

34 minutes ago, lavawing said:

the real neurone activation move is to wait for the trade in at the end of this month, trade in your liberte for an STG for 3450 gold, replace your liberte with the referral liberte, then wait for the STG to get its buffs on live server. :nyes:

in all seriousness, I'd pick the Panther 8.8 because it's not available for gold or for bonds, and isn't that terrible after the buffs

They might give the T26E5 some love after buffing the Spersh for the nth time, but as with all things WG it would be wrong to expect much in the way of rhyme or reason

You can not / no longer get liberte with referral (they updated tanks i guess)

240 alpha tier 8s arent the move tbh unless you're like an fcm or... yeah an fcm. Personally I want a 112 if you're into 122mm bullshit. Genuinely a scary tank, meanwhile, I see is-6 i see food. Is-6 has a pennable front plate and stupid cheeks so anything with 212 or so pen doesnt really care. Stupid china knock off can just face smash into things because its like 200 anywhere on flat ground so you're basically immune to mediums unless they spam gold and even then its still dicey. 250 heat is arguably a better gold round too.

Oh yeah and I tried to turn in the jgtig 88 once....

Once

30 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

You can not / no longer get liberte with referral (they updated tanks i guess)

they left it out in the notice but it's still in the regulations and the ingame list. 
(sigh) typical WG

dgTSLBg.png

TDs: Kanonen 105 > CDA 105 > JT88

Meds: T-54Mod1 >> FV4202 > Panth 88

Heavies: 112 > Liberte = Patriot 

Don't get the T92.

I'm going to give you a little bit of a spoiler and tell you that you'll get bored of everything on this list within a week. The only one I'd even pull out of my garage is the 112 and maybe the kanonen if I want to afk.

Woah dude. Stop. 112 better than Patriot? When did that happen?

I never picked it up, but I have WZ-111, and I hate it. Its gun handling is cancer, and 112 is even worse. And the shells cost too much, but it may not be a problem for you guys, you all has premium acc.

58 minutes ago, Bobi_Kreeg said:

I never picked it up, but I have WZ-111, and I hate it. Its gun handling is cancer, and 112 is even worse. And the shells cost too much, but it may not be a problem for you guys, you all has premium acc.

When tier 8 mediums started having 320-440 alpha, the Patriot's 240 is semi irrelevant.

1 hour ago, Rexxie said:

Don't get the T92.

I'm going to give you a little bit of a spoiler and tell you that you'll get bored of everything on this list within a week. The only one I'd even pull out of my garage is the 112 and maybe the kanonen if I want to afk.

I'll fite you on the T92.

37 minutes ago, sr360 said:

When tier 8 mediums started having 320-440 alpha, the Patriot's 240 is semi irrelevant.

I'll fight you on this one. Patriot is power creeped by powerful mediums, but that doesn't mean 112 is better.

112 didn't just "start". Its concept predates Patriot by a decade. And that was trashed back in 2015, when WG changed shot distribution from this to that. 390 alpha doesn't mean anything if shells hit the dirt, or HEAT catches tracks.

That tank is good for plucking your hair out, and for farming blocked dmg vs idiots.

1 hour ago, Bobi_Kreeg said:

I'll fight you on this one. Patriot is power creeped by powerful mediums, but that doesn't mean 112 is better.

112 didn't just "start". Its concept predates Patriot by a decade. And that was trashed back in 2015, when WG changed shot distribution from this to that. 390 alpha doesn't mean anything if shells hit the dirt, or HEAT catches tracks.

That tank is good for plucking your hair out, and for farming blocked dmg vs idiots.

You forgot that this game is predominantly played by idiots! Just cause a tank is frustrating doesn't mean it can't perform. Once you're within 200m the gun stats don't really matter and the patriot has marginally better gun stats than the 112 to begin with. 

I don't have most of the tanks listed, but for what it's worth based on observing them: the best two options are probably the T54-proto and the 112 given they have usable armour and decent enough guns. The Liberte is solid enough too. The two 105 TDs are okay if you don't mind playing paper TDs as they are both fast and have decent guns for the tier.

Anything that is 240 alpha in the current game is basically trash however, so the FV4202 and the Jagtiger 88 are probably better to avoid. The Patriot has some use as a semi-mobile heavy with a strong turret, but I didn't like it much back before premium tier 8 mediums started getting more than 240 alpha and I wouldn't play it anymore now either. It also has really bad gun handling for such a pea-shooter which I think just really limits it. Maybe if you put a Turbo on it and play it like a slow medium it might be okay.

Panther 88 got an alpha buff which is pretty nice (280 means it will roll for over 300 fairly regularly) but it's still a Panther hull which is garbage at tier 8. T92 is not that good as a light tank in the tier but not the worst either, but from what I recall you don't really like playing light tanks anyway?

7 hours ago, Bobi_Kreeg said:

it has always been stronger than the Patriot. that exact same armour profile is literally at tier 10 and still holds up well, and the tank is decently fast with good gun dep for a Chinese tank and high HEAT pen.

2 hours ago, PityFool said:

112 is the most capable tank on that list

qft

7 hours ago, Rexxie said:

Don't get the T92.

tbf 54 Mod 1 with turbo should be fun(-ish?) and not that bad.

mod1 + T26e5 are the most viable (or at least last time I played them). all others are pretty boring and bad (with the exception of the 112 maybe)

Ok dudes. If your arguments are "gun stats don't matter" than we have to agree to disagree.

w/e

It's a shitty collection of tanks to chose from anyway. If they're not offering Object 703, Defender, T-44-100, Bourrasque, CS-52 LIS, Progetto 46, GSOR, Lorr. 40T, Skorpion, SU130PM or even a Lansen; I would not bother.

Why don't you add 3.400.000 credits reward? I'd pick that over any of these.

17 hours ago, Bobi_Kreeg said:

I never picked it up, but I have WZ-111, and I hate it. Its gun handling is cancer, and 112 is even worse.

I've never played the 111, but I wouldn't be surprised if the slightly better handling it has ends up feeling worse because it moves faster, has no gundep, and gets autopenned while it tries to aim. I don't really feel like the 112's gun stats are that bad for what its offering. This isn't like, Bisonte or IS-5 gun handling. It's just an IS-6. An IS-6 that goes 45 and has a 270mm upper plate.

To give you some context, here's the 112 (green) vs the Patriot's (yellow) performance over the 4mo. It's not even remotely close. The Patriot is just not the tank it used to be, the armor is fucking awful vs heavies and the meds it used to bully are now running around with 750 burst or 2.5k dpm, 300 alpha lasers.

image.png

11 hours ago, Rexxie said:

[sexy data]

I agree that the 112 is a better performing tank, both on paper and IRL results, but one important thing to consider is that the 112 has pref MM. Even if the Patriot were an equal/better tank, it has to fight tougher tanks than the 112 and so would likely perform worse.

Also really surprised at the amount of love for the 54p1 here. Everything that people are shitting on the Patriot for is doubly true for the 54p1. Yeah it has better mobility/camo than the Patriot, but

• the hull armor does not hold up anymore. ~200 effective is no bueno when 212 is basically standard for t8 mediums
  • much more difficult time leveraging turret armor in hull down than Patriot due to gun depression & turret placement
  • 190 penetration is just :# in 2020. Shell velo is bad too
  • Base bloom is just as bad as the Patriot and effectively worse due to mobility

Only time I bother taking it out is frontlines, when everyone is running paper tanks and too cheap to shoot gold rounds.

It is carried only by sheltered matchmaker.

11 hours ago, Rexxie said:

I've never played the 111, but I wouldn't be surprised if the slightly better handling it has ends up feeling worse because it moves faster, has no gundep, and gets autopenned while it tries to aim. I don't really feel like the 112's gun stats are that bad for what its offering. This isn't like, Bisonte or IS-5 gun handling. It's just an IS-6. An IS-6 that goes 45 and has a 270mm upper plate.

To give you some context, here's the 112 (green) vs the Patriot's (yellow) performance over the 4mo. It's not even remotely close. The Patriot is just not the tank it used to be, the armor is fucking awful vs heavies and the meds it used to bully are now running around with 750 burst or 2.5k dpm, 300 alpha lasers.

You are cherry-picking data. It's absurd.

To give you some context, 111 is not a good tank but still:

• has better average win rate
  • has more avg. damage per game
  • has more avg. assisted dpg
  • earns more credits per game; both gross and net, both with and without premium acc...
  • earns more experience per game
  • has great curves too:

Untitled.jpg.2dca4cc1ecd719905d50b53d68aa5cec.jpg

I don't know what shenanigans you are doing with those graphs btw.  But that is not how Patriot performs on relevant EU servers.

This is the correct version:

patriot.jpg.8d4e2440141837132f3b8685b872da77.jpg

And as you can see. Both overall and recent win rate curves for Patriot are also in the "positive". And the tank doesn't have sheltered MM to carry it...

12 hours ago, Rexxie said:

It's just an IS-6.

Another false statement. Last one I'll react to, because you guys are annoying with your gun stats denying.

Difference between their gunz is: IS-6 needs less aim time. 0.2x seconds i believe. That's almost a free GLD for IS-6.

53 minutes ago, Bobi_Kreeg said:

I don't know what shenanigans you are doing with those graphs btw.  But that is not how Patriot performs on relevant EU servers.

The graphs are all for RU server. The "corrected" EU graphs you posted are also RU.

58 minutes ago, Bobi_Kreeg said:

You are cherry-picking data. It's absurd.

I just have a larger sample size in my graph. By default it only tracks games for the last month, with a minimum of 1000 games per datapoint. That is your graph. Mine has 4 months of tracking and 10,000 games per datapoint. Those are the only settings I changed.

1 hour ago, Bobi_Kreeg said:

To give you some context, 111 is not a good tank but still:

• has better average win rate
  • has more avg. damage per game
  • has more avg. assisted dpg
  • earns more credits per game; both gross and net, both with and without premium acc...
  • earns more experience per game
  • has great curves too:

The 111 is fine but seriously lags behind on winrate. It's alright. I hope I didn't come across as knocking the tank, it just isn't as good as the 112.

1 hour ago, dustygator said:

I agree that the 112 is a better performing tank, both on paper and IRL results, but one important thing to consider is that the 112 has pref MM. Even if the Patriot were an equal/better tank, it has to fight tougher tanks than the 112 and so would likely perform worse.

Absolutely. Pref MM is one of the strongest traits in the game and props up the 112 in the same way it props up the IS-6 or 111 or whatever. Thats why I recommend getting it, because it has pref MM and it feels really good not to fight T10.

1 minute ago, Rexxie said:

Absolutely. Pref MM is one of the strongest traits in the game and props up the 112 in the same way it props up the IS-6 or 111 or whatever. Thats why I recommend getting it, because it has pref MM and it feels really good not to fight T10.

I can agree with that part. Pref MM is great.

But still.

112 is trash. :trump:

im not gonna lie, everything on that list looks boring as fuck to me. 

if the 112 is pref (I think it is?) then that'd be the one to get IMO, but even then, I still would never play it myself. but thats just me. 

The 112's gun is so bad that RNG will dictate whether you do 1k damage or 5k. Fucking pos tank like all pref 122mm russians. Steer clear unless you want your skill to mean absolutely nothing, granted that's just WoT 101, get raped by RNG or have a god tier game.

The 122mm on the Tiananmen tanks isn't actually that derpy, but the HEAT shell i.e. the only usable round has (i)  700ish shell velocity, (ii) all the randomness inherent in HEAT, and (iii) 250 pen which is marginal at tier 8 'weakspots', all of which make it feel uber shit and inconsistent

It would actually be very workable if only it was APCR with 1.2k shell velocity and not a glorified rice catapult