Sign in to follow this  
arthurwellsley

Carro Combattimento 45t - Clan Wars reward tier X Medium auto loader

The new tier X medium Italian auto reloader will be available for the first time in the Renaissance clan wars event 11th January 2021 through to 25th January 2021 on the EU server awarded to the top 11,500 players in the event for the sum of 4,000 bonds.

Handsome looking tank. Strong front turret (but not sides).

Better dpm but worse gun handling than the Progetto 65 tech tree tier X Italian medium tank. Higher alpha but lower penetration on the standard rounds between the 45t and the 65. The 45t has better armour than the 65. The proposition is that the Caro Combattimento 45t is a better brawler than the Progetto 65.

Is the Caro Combattimento 45t superior to the Object 907 or will the 907 remain the most used CW tank?

Will the Caro Combattimento 45t be allowed in brawl 7v7 mode? If so will a platoon of 45t dominate?

https://i2.wp.com/thedailybounce.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/shot_071.jpg?fit=2560%2C1440&ssl=1

In my opinion, the Carro will be the best of the three Italian tier 10s. 

The Rhinoceronte is held back far too much by the horrible bloom and trash DPM.

The Progetto these days is held back by being a paper med without the gun handling or DPM to really make that work. Both the Rhinoceronte and Progetto have the double downside of low DPM, and gun handling that won't let them effectively or consistently use that limited DPM. Those two downsides together really do make for a painful experience.

This thing will have better DPM + better alpha than the Progetto. At the same time, it has the armor to allow it to sit hulldown, which will mitigate the downside of the worse gun handling (compared to the Progetto). In addition, it has decent mobility.

On 1/6/2021 at 7:50 AM, arthurwellsley said:

Is the Caro Combattimento 45t superior to the Object 907 or will the 907 remain the most used CW tank?

Will the Caro Combattimento 45t be allowed in brawl 7v7 mode? If so will a platoon of 45t dominate?

For your first question, no. Not only no, but hell no. There is no way this thing will be clan wars meta, much less replace the 907. It will be a pretty decent pubstomper, and that's about it.

Since WG hasn't banned any reward tanks from Brawl, I have no idea why they would ban the Carro. And almost any tank can dominate 7v7 when in a triple platoon of decent players.

4 hours ago, churchill50 said:

For your first question, no. Not only no, but hell no. There is no way this thing will be clan wars meta, much less replace the 907. It will be a pretty decent pubstomper, and that's about it.

Why not? Gun dep plus some resistance to 340 pen HEAT on top of a 4 round clip should give it both staying power and burst and it will be able to use locations normally reserved for Chieftains.

I could see it being quite powerful in packs of 3 or 4. What will really hurt it, however, is the low sustained DPM. 

12 hours ago, lavawing said:

Why not? Gun dep plus some resistance to 340 pen HEAT on top of a 4 round clip should give it both staying power and burst and it will be able to use locations normally reserved for Chieftains.

I could see it being quite powerful in packs of 3 or 4. What will really hurt it, however, is the low sustained DPM. 

I could see it being used in a couple of positions, maybe.

The big issue is that DPM, which is a huge thing in CW.

If you're playing in a Chieftain position, you'd rather have a Chieftain just because of that DPM difference.

If you want the clip, you'd rather have a 50B that takes 26-27 seconds to reload, not 45. 

If you want to wolfpack, then 907/140/277/260/Chieftain for the DPM.

It's not a bad tank. The issue is that it has no place in the CW meta. 

That's probably not the best way to explain it. But I'm too tired to phrase it better. Hopefully it answers your question though?

@Deus__Ex__Machina could probably explain it much better than I can.