Red17

Best Tier VI Heavy Tank? VK 36.01 (H)

39 minutes ago, Private_Miros said:

Tech tree, IMO VK 36.01 (H).

seconded

huge 1.2k base HP to work with, good frontal resistance against the 76 peashooters at this tier, can sidescrape, small profile, has VR, is more than passably mobile for flexing, and has both DPM and alpha on the 8.8 which has by now been buffed the upteenth time to the point of being a viable sidegrade to the Murican 90.

also the relatively low pen is no longer a problem because you almost never meet 8s thanks to new MM

the only real contender is the T-150, which has to deal with being blind and derpy, but might have a higher ceiling

51 minutes ago, Red17 said:

You never stated as to why.

Because it's better than the others.

It has alpha, dpm, mobility and view range, coupled with armor that works in tier and it isn't a giant target. There are non-meta tier 8 tanks I get less dpg in that this.

1 hour ago, Private_Miros said:

Because it's better than the others.

It has alpha, dpm, mobility and view range, coupled with armor that works in tier and it isn't a giant target. There are non-meta tier 8 tanks I get less dpg in that this.

I see.

Do you remember me at all?

@Private_Miros and @lavawing are right in terms of well rounded heavies. The VK 36.01 (H) has good stats in a lot of places, and its' worst stats are still pretty good. The VK has the best view range, solid, middle of the pack alpha, good dpm, usable pen, a great gold round, usable armor, and the best mobility of any tier 6 tech tree heavy if you use a Turbo-charger. (I think the object 244 might be faster). Every other tier 6 heavy tank makes some serious trade offs to match or beat a single aspect of the VK.  Very few of them are bad but all of them are worse than the VK in some way.

If you are looking for something more niche, the ARL 44 with the 105 and full gold is a blast, insane pen and 330 alpha is powerful, but the tank is slow, the gun handling is terrible, and the view range is worse. Plus the DPM isn't any better and the tank eats credits. It makes a great second line support tank, but sacrifices the flexibility of the VK for what it does. (common theme here) 

The T-150 is a brick of a tank that excels at crushing other heavies. The 300 alpha and great pen synergizes well with the solid all round armor. It's is also slow, blind, and derpy, trading off the flexibility of the VK (again) for better performance when brawling. 

The M6 looks the most similar to the VK, but it is a slower, much larger, and softer target. it trades all that for 20 more alpha damage. It does have much better PW, but the low top speed plagues it.

The KV-2 and O-I are derp gun tanks and fun to play, but they are not really reliable in any match up. The KV-2 has the hand of Stalin reach up from hell and guide shells, but sometimes it just refuses to connect shells, The O-I has the worst mobility of any tier 6, but armor that works well against lower tier tanks and a disgusting Gold HEAT shell.

The KV-1s and KV-85 have good guns and decent mobility, but lack any sort of reliable armor. I loved the KV-85 with the 122 D-2-5T but I am weird. Stick with the smaller guns and they play like obese mediums.

Stay away from the Churchill and VK 3001 P. Just stay away.

23 minutes ago, Red17 said:

Do you remember me at all?

"Do you even know who I am?" seems a bit out of place as a question in this thread.

1 minute ago, Private_Miros said:

"Do you even know who I am?" seems a bit out of place as a question in this thread.

So that's a no then?

22 minutes ago, echo9835 said:

@Private_Miros and @lavawing are right in terms of well rounded heavies. The VK 36.01 (H) has good stats in a lot of places, and its' worst stats are still pretty good. The VK has the best view range, solid, middle of the pack alpha, good dpm, usable pen, a great gold round, usable armor, and the best mobility of any tier 6 tech tree heavy if you use a Turbo-charger. (I think the object 244 might be faster). Every other tier 6 heavy tank makes some serious trade offs to match or beat a single aspect of the VK.  Very few of them are bad but all of them are worse than the VK in some way.

If you are looking for something more niche, the ARL 44 with the 105 and full gold is a blast, insane pen and 330 alpha is powerful, but the tank is slow, the gun handling is terrible, and the view range is worse. Plus the DPM isn't any better and the tank eats credits. It makes a great second line support tank, but sacrifices the flexibility of the VK for what it does. (common theme here) 

The T-150 is a brick of a tank that excels at crushing other heavies. The 300 alpha and great pen synergizes well with the solid all round armor. It's is also slow, blind, and derpy, trading off the flexibility of the VK (again) for better performance when brawling. 

The M6 looks the most similar to the VK, but it is a slower, much larger, and softer target. it trades all that for 20 more alpha damage. It does have much better PW, but the low top speed plagues it.

The KV-2 and O-I are derp gun tanks and fun to play, but they are not really reliable in any match up. The KV-2 has the hand of Stalin reach up from hell and guide shells, but sometimes it just refuses to connect shells, The O-I has the worst mobility of any tier 6, but armor that works well against lower tier tanks and a disgusting Gold HEAT shell.

The KV-1s and KV-85 have good guns and decent mobility, but lack any sort of reliable armor. I loved the KV-85 with the 122 D-2-5T but I am weird. Stick with the smaller guns and they play like obese mediums.

Stay away from the Churchill and VK 3001 P. Just stay away.

Great post Sir. /salutes

Churchill is alright. Don't scare ppl away from British heavy tanks. It will chew low tier shitters like a boss. Few ppl know about the weak spot behind front wheel. You just have to be brave with it. 3xR, angle, spray n pray, and dont be serious. :-)

It's crap when not top tier. But most heavys are like that.

Thats why KV2 is best tier 6 ht imo. It just doesn't care. 

The tier 6 Churchill is okay. It's the tier 7 one that is the absolute turd.

The absolutely trashed the best medium tank in the game by turning it into a rubbish heavy, so forget the VK30.01P.

The KV2 is arguably the best because the HE means you can do unspeakable things to enemy tanks even when bottom tier, and of course for the memes.

KV-85 is really good with the 85mm, basically a high DPM heavium at low tiers but it's technically not a tech-tree tank anymore. The ARL-44 is decent but fat and soft.

That sort of leaves the VK 36.01 (H) and the T-150 as the only other candidates. Both have good guns and enough armour to actually function like a heavy in the tier (which is actually quite rare), although I have only played the former and not the latter.

1 hour ago, Balthazars said:

The tier 6 Churchill is okay. It's the tier 7 one that is the absolute turd.

The absolutely trashed the best medium tank in the game by turning it into a rubbish heavy, so forget the VK30.01P.

The KV2 is arguably the best because the HE means you can do unspeakable things to enemy tanks even when bottom tier, and of course for the memes.

KV-85 is really good with the 85mm, basically a high DPM heavium at low tiers but it's technically not a tech-tree tank anymore. The ARL-44 is decent but fat and soft.

That sort of leaves the VK 36.01 (H) and the T-150 as the only other candidates. Both have good guns and enough armour to actually function like a heavy in the tier (which is actually quite rare), although I have only played the former and not the latter.

The tier 6 is a waste of space when I played it. 122mms, 90mms and 8.8cm guns ate it up all day because angling = getting penned in the side.

Gun was trash if not firing gold. Then it was 'usable.'

The Black Prince however, when platooned with other black princes could mow down shit with absurd volume of fire and hitpoints.

You could even bounce 122mm shells and actually hull down semi decently against same tier. Against same tier opponents, you could actually do shit. Against higher tier opponents, you're quite fucked unless you double-team him whereas the church 7 cant even do that effectively. The only thing you can pick with 2 of them are other tier 6s.

I'm not saying its good but tier for tier its not even close.

6 hours ago, kolni said:

I state it pretty much every time someone questions the point I made in something gameplay-related :serb: 

I don't think OP's TigerP-is-the-best-tier-7-heavy-gameplay-abilities and his kwalitipoastin are going to challenge you for those privileges any time soon.

14 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

The tier 6 is a waste of space when I played it. 122mms, 90mms and 8.8cm guns ate it up all day because angling = getting penned in the side.

Gun was trash if not firing gold. Then it was 'usable.'

The Black Prince however, when platooned with other black princes could mow down shit with absurd volume of fire and hitpoints.

You could even bounce 122mm shells and actually hull down semi decently against same tier. Against same tier opponents, you could actually do shit. Against higher tier opponents, you're quite fucked unless you double-team him whereas the church 7 cant even do that effectively. The only thing you can pick with 2 of them are other tier 6s.

I'm not saying its good but tier for tier its not even close.

You're completely right because I had a total brain fade and got the tiers mixed up. The tier 5 Churchill is the one that is okay for the tier, the tier 6 is the absolute turd, and the Black Prince, like you said, while not good is workable in the right situations.

I chalk it up to my mind refusing to properly remember grinding that line due to how traumatic the lower tiers generally are.

5 hours ago, HowitzerBlitzer said:

Uhm, surely the 36.01H is a medium tank...

It's a heavy tank since February or March 2020.

Was playing tournies. The only heavies I saw were 3601s. T-150s should be a viable counter on city maps but the VK with boosted HP just dominates everything else.