Red17

Best Tier VII Heavy Tank? T29

Strange, some dude made a similar thread for tier 6 earlier. Hope it doesn't become a thing, these threads.

T29 and 45TP. Personally I'd say T29, since that's really a tier 8 tank with tier 7 HP.

8 minutes ago, Private_Miros said:

Strange, some dude made a similar thread for tier 6 earlier. Hope it doesn't become a thing, these threads.

T29 and 45TP. Personally I'd say T29, since that's really a tier 8 tank with tier 7 HP.

Hehe... could the other thread be stickied?

It would help new players.

personally i never liked T29, it lacks reload speed and dpm compared to the tiger (+ the looks), and it lacks armour / raw power compared to the KV3.

That said, no idea how well a KV3 does nowadays, its nemesis, spmm heavys with good armour, like IS6, are mostly gone, but u now have a bunch of fast autoloaders, so no idea how that balances out..

1 hour ago, Private_Miros said:

The front hull armor of the T29 could be better and it's mobility is not that great.

The hull armor of the 45TP Habicha is a bit weak and the 105mm gun has a dispertion of 0.40 aka not good for sniping.

It seems to me that the Tiger (P) is the best choice with it's 200mm front hull armor and it's dispersion of 0.34 with the 88mm L/71.

T29, because of its versatility. Plus a strong armour profile and a decent gun thats still viable even in tier 9 games. Stuff like Tiger lacks the armour to be capable when bottom tier, and its not really mobile enough to pull flanking to use its DPM, and the Russian 122s dont have the gun handling or gold pen to be reliably effective in tier 9 IMO. 

I honestly have no clue about the newer lines like the polish stuff. 

1 hour ago, GehakteMolen said:

personally i never liked T29, it lacks reload speed and dpm compared to the tiger (+ the looks), and it lacks armour / raw power compared to the KV3.

That said, no idea how well a KV3 does nowadays, its nemesis, spmm heavys with good armour, like IS6, are mostly gone, but u now have a bunch of fast autoloaders, so no idea how that balances out..

What are you talking about the KV3 is a tier 6 right after the KV :kappa:

T29 is best. There is no contest. 

Historically, there were times when others shined. But those moments were brief. :)

2nd place... is tough to say tho.

I would vote Tiger I. Because it's comfortable and historical. And it actually has DPM to kill stuff. 

Tiger P is baaad. 

T29 > Tiger 1 > O-Ni > everything else. 

King Tiger (Captured) is also reasonably good from what I've seen, but I don't have any experience playing it.

IS-2M isn't T29 level, but it's mostly immune to small calibres, can troll big guns, and is able to sidescrape properly unlike every other IS-2 in the game. Also has 390 alpha and 2.4k DPM once fitted out.

It also doesn't have ammorack issues and both bullies and uptiers better than the Tiger I thanks to having a boomstick

I forgot about the M4, but it can reach 2.7-2.8k dpm with food and APCR, and has 10 degrees of gundep over the frontal arc. I haven't played the Tiger I since the alpha berf, but in theory the M4 should be viable as a sidegrade, just a very expensive one

2 hours ago, Bobi_Kreeg said:

Historically, there were times when others shined. But those moments were brief. :)

I would vote Tiger I. Because it's comfortable and historical. And it actually has DPM to kill stuff. 

Tiger P is baaad. 

Why is it bad?

2 hours ago, Bobi_Kreeg said:

Tiger P is baaad. 

Ok then... T29 it is.

3 hours ago, yoyoya2 said:

What are you talking about the KV3 is a tier 6 right after the KV :kappa:

Wasn't the KV-3 moved up to tier 7 years ago?

2 hours ago, Red17 said:

Wasn't the KV-3 moved up to tier 7 years ago?

woosh

2 hours ago, Red17 said:

Why is it bad?

Ok then... T29 it is.

Imagine a Tiger, but worse in every single way except for the ability to sometimes bounce tier 6s autoaiming at you.

I like Tiger I the best, T29 is free real estate but Tiger I is just better at farming. You can't lock an area down without armour to work with but the huge HP pool against most of the guns means that until you start fighting tier 9s you can just trade your way into a decent impact on the game

I played both before the 357MM changes so that might not apply as much anymore but the T29 topped out at around 2k while the Tiger could get much more out if you let go of the notion that you are a heavy tank when there's tier 8s or above in the game at around 2400DPG as the gun still works at range and you can farm on vision gaps (since that exists at these tiers) for pretty long. I doubt that DPG is doable today as tier 7 MM barely has a HP pool now

There are lots of good options for heavy tanks at Tier 7, and the 'best' likely depends on personal preference.

For me, the top contenders are the Tiger I (especially after the alpha buff, it can hit hard and has excellent DPM and a big HP pool), the IS (alpha and mobility), and the O-Ni (actual armour and a scary derp, plus a pretty competitive non-derp option as well).

I'm grinding the T29 currently and it doesn't feel that good outside of hull-down due to poor DPM, not-the-best gun handling and a paper hull and pretty mediocre mobility. It's strong but I don't think as flexible as the others. The 45TP is a decent all-rounder. The AMX (forget it's name) is okay with the 105 but is huge and soft.

The Tiger P is garbage, despite the fact I somehow seemed to do really well in it. Compared to the Tiger I it has worse turret armour (bigger cupola and a worse mantlet), only marginally better hull armour (a few spots will bounce things), worse mobility, a worse hull profile (longer so harder to hide and has shoulders so cannot sidescrape), worse DPM (like, much worse, worst-in-tier worse), and now also worse alpha.

2 hours ago, kolni said:

I like Tiger I the best, T29 is free real estate but Tiger I is just better at farming. You can't lock an area down without armour to work with but the huge HP pool against most of the guns means that until you start fighting tier 9s you can just trade your way into a decent impact on the game

I played both before the 357MM changes so that might not apply as much anymore but the T29 topped out at around 2k while the Tiger could get much more out if you let go of the notion that you are a heavy tank when there's tier 8s or above in the game at around 2400DPG as the gun still works at range and you can farm on vision gaps (since that exists at these tiers) for pretty long. I doubt that DPG is doable today as tier 7 MM barely has a HP pool now

hp buffs to lower tiers are quite significant. 2k is so much easier than before. You can expect to do 3-3.5k dmg games very frequently as top tier, especially in a tank you can bully lower tiers with.

45TP turret is quite strong in same tier matchmaking which makes it an ideal bully against lower tiers. The gun looks bad on paper but acutally performs quite well. The mobility is more then decent aswell. I'm not anywhere close to 2k DPG but it's a decent performer.

Underrated part about the 45TP is it is very small for a heavy tank. I haven't even played it myself, but just driving alongside it you'll be surprised it's not a medium. Big tank size is a very big turnoff for me, so I didn't keep the T29 myself. It's also very very slow.

20 hours ago, Rexxie said:

T29 > Tiger 1 > O-Ni > everything else. 

King Tiger (Captured) is also reasonably good from what I've seen, but I don't have any experience playing it.

O-ni?

All i remember is getting gunned down by tier 8 tanks, and when top tier beiing either too slow / late, or getting gang raped by t6 meds (rudys and cromwell b`s)

That said, i forgot about the IS-2 Berlin / IS-2m, they tie for best t7 heavys, given thet have better armour as the normal IS and better mobility as the chinese one, only real con is a slow (aiming) gun, but it hits like a truck and has good dpm (260 more as t29, with first shot 340, thats 1 shot every minute...)

T29 also has ghetto gun handling, it can mount an V-stab, so that improves it, but its still not good, and neither is its mobility...

edit: played some games with KV3, and without exception, disgusting shit games...

6 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

T29 also has ghetto gun handling, it can mount an V-stab, so that improves it, but its still not good, and neither is its mobility

Wait what? ive always found the gun handling on the T29 to be pretty decent.