Red17

Best Tier VII Heavy Tank? T29

16 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Wait what? ive always found the gun handling on the T29 to be pretty decent. 

It rly is bad, worst turret bloom of any tier 7 heavy, 2e worst hull bloom (only KV3 a tiny touch worst) and almost russian gun handling.

It can mount a V-stab, so thats helps it a bit, but its overall still bad (and others have a free slot, so either GLD / IRM / turbo / optics, T29 cant make that choice)

Gun handling.png

33 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

It rly is bad, worst turret bloom of any tier 7 heavy, 2e worst hull bloom (only KV3 a tiny touch worst) and almost russian gun handling.

It can mount a V-stab, so thats helps it a bit, but its overall still bad (and others have a free slot, so either GLD / IRM / turbo / optics, T29 cant make that choice)

Gun handling.png

I presume the stats don't tell the full story with the US tanks and the gun handling. I three marked mine with hardening, vents and rammer. And the thing snap shots like a dream. As with all US 105mm, don't try to snipe over 300m, but apart from that, you will hit. I presume simply because the aim time is relatively low, and an unaimed US gun hits more than an unaimed German gun.

To me the T29 gun handling does feel pretty bad. I guess due to good aim time when you're sitting stationary hull-down you can probably snap okay at close targets because everything moves so slow (hull and turret) which would help with the dispersion, but the turret traverse especially makes the gun feel very derpy the moment you have to engage at anything beyond point-blank. I do have a crappy crew which doesn't help, but to me the firepower on the tank is one of the worst in the tier/class.

I don't know how some people play it with the 90mm either. That thing also has worst-in-tier/class hull and movement  dispersion (although turret dispersion is middle of the road) in return for competitive DPM and anemic alpha, plus the need to basically only fire gold given standard penetration is only 160, it doesn't feel like a viable alternative.

It has a godlike turret for the tier, but the hull is utter trash and gets penned by same tier mediums without issue and it is slow so it is really a one-trick pony - find a place to hull down and hope you don't get rushed or GTFO. When you consider tanks like the Tiger I and KV-3 got buffs in recent years, I don't think the T29 is anywhere near as overpowering as it once was.

YES. It has one trick. But it is the most powerful trick in the game. There were never more ridgelines or streets filled with rubble to abuse. 

-10 depression, powerful turret, AP and APCR ammo, and 320 Alpha straight to the face. 

As a bonus: it's not completely blind.

3 hours ago, Bobi_Kreeg said:

YES. It has one trick. But it is the most powerful trick in the game. There were never more ridgelines or streets filled with rubble to abuse. 

-10 depression, powerful turret, AP and APCR ammo, and 320 Alpha straight to the face. 

As a bonus: it's not completely blind.

And its frontal hull is even servicable if you angle. And its not even that bad of a sidescraper. And its mobility is workable. Its just flat out good.

I 3 marked mine while barely trying, and I think my damage record in it is around 5k. 

11 hours ago, lavawing said:

it's actually the AT-15A you idiots

when top tier, and arty doesnt bomb you, that thing is OP as hell, its like 10% of the games though :P

(spmm also helps it a lot)