GehakteMolen

5 (!?) new maps

On 1/29/2021 at 10:31 AM, ProxyCentauri said:

Komarin in original state- bring back! :feelsgoodman:

That was a terrible map, only when top tier in a med it was ``playable``... (below an the old version)

50 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

That was a terrible map, only when top tier in a med it was ``playable``... (below an the old version)

@Gehakte- forgive my bad joke :woona:

I kind of prefer an imbalanced map with many options than a balanced map with funnels.

Oh come on, what flexibility, when it was a campfest map? Whichever flank you chose, (left, right or that small island) you were locked there, and the only option was to push, or to wait enemies to do so. And the outcome is usually as it is for example on Airfield map today - whoever pushes first loses. 

It was almost impossible to change flanks after you committed to one, because there were "holes" in cover enough to get you slaughtered by camping snipers in matter of seconds, specially on the water crossings that were in the corners.  

And even after you cleared out most of the enemy, still behind the bases there was a magic bush/forest cover that made campers really hard to dig out. How many battles were lost, just because an advantage was created , the opponents were beaten, only to have my team go in one by one into the end game just to get picked off by 2-3 remaining TDs. And also I think this was the map with by far the most draw games, while still vbaddict was active. But ok for that last claim i have no proof, so you can dismiss if you disagree, but i can't see how can one claim that you had flexibility on Komarin. 

Edit: maaaaaaaaaaybe in today's meta this map would be a bit better because of the EBRs with CVS that could maybe dig out the bushwankers... but just maybe, i wouldn't bet on that

On 2/3/2021 at 10:50 AM, 3MAJ86 said:

And even after you cleared out most of the enemy, still behind the bases there was a magic bush/forest cover that made campers really hard to dig out. How many battles were lost, just because an advantage was created , the opponents were beaten, only to have my team go in one by one into the end game just to get picked off by 2-3 remaining TDs. And also I think this was the map with by far the most draw games, while still vbaddict was active. But ok for that last claim i have no proof, so you can dismiss if you disagree, but i can't see how can one claim that you had flexibility on Komarin. 

Sounds like Steppes to me. Or Ghost Town Assault. This going in one by one is deadly on any map. This is how you carry games. Same on Sand River, Live Oaks or even Redshire.

I remember it as kinda fun but it was dark closed beta times so a lot of winters have passed since then.

Swamp and Windstorm would be really nice to get back. I also want Fiery Salient back.

Would be nice for the game to switch some maps around every patch. 

Komarin went through some big changes before it was removed though. I think I liked beta Komarin better than what it eventually became, but it's been a long time since then.

AT this point, if we could get all the removed maps back, and remove all the current maps, the map pool would probably increase in quality.

Hidden village suked dik, but so does Air Field, Northwest was bad, but Sand river is even worse, Stalingrad > Berlin (or Paris) Svergovorks (the last version, with the tunnels) > great wall anyday, Windstorm > Glacier, Swamp > Karelia, Komarin (the last version, the first was awefull) > Erlenberg

WG rly outdid themself by making so many shit maps, when they have proper working examples...

On 2/3/2021 at 10:50 AM, 3MAJ86 said:

Ah, a map where teamplay is rewarded and necessary and a couple of unexpected things can happen that turn the battle around, even in the late stages. Thanks for bringing those memories back, I miss the map, too.

So you must love digging out the campers on Steppes, or from the forest of Malinovka, even if you cornered the opposing team on 20% of the map, but there is still a chance that you will be punished for actually playing actively?

I really call BS on this sudden love for Komarin by everyone. That map was embodiment of everything that you all claim to hate in today's map pool. It was a campfest shit and it's good that it is gone. Hopefully for good.