Sign in to follow this  
CraBeatOff

WN7 failed me, what a sucky rating

34 games, 82% wins, average tier 8.3 with 2300 average damage.

Over 1200 xp average. I was on fire!

But a mere 2100 WN7 for the session. 

Why? Less KPG than my account average at 1.3. 

Clearly WN7 is a terrible metric, since it doesn't account for the fact that I got 10 confederates in those 30 games. 

Down with WN7!

killsteal more noob. keep putting up only "mildly" purple stats like that and you will be forced to join IOC.

lolz

Edit: Forgot to mention, since WN7 failed you so terribly, you better start farming battles to get your Wargaming rating up!  That is the new hotness of true skill comparison!

best way to farm WN7 is like.... play T1 Cunningham and Obj704 at a 1:2 ratio.

Keeps average tier at 6.33, so you get no WN7 penalty. Average 3k dmg on your 704 and say 200 on your T1, for a combined average dmg of 2066 average dmg for tier 6.33. Do whatever kills you usually get (~1.5-2 for me).

Collect WN7.

This is y WN7 is the best rating system in the world, right?

Keeps average tier at 6.33, so you get no WN7 penalty. Average 3k dmg on your 704 and say 200 on your T1, for a combined average dmg of 2066 average dmg for tier 6.33. Do whatever kills you usually get (~1.5-2 for me).

Collect WN7.

or you could just play hellcat (tooned with a pref 7 to farm more damage) and get the same DPG >_>

Collect WN7.

:D

Exactly! This is why we needed a change to the tier penalty system, but luckily I think the solution we are trying to implement in WN8 (quasi per-tank stats) will work like a charm.  :smallsmile:

But...but 2300dpg for that tier is bad ;(

Not if he was playing AMX 13 90, like I think he was. :D

A little 13 90, but I ran most of the LTs. Lots of Chaffee too. Pad hard in tier 5 LT, right?

I will admit to some potato, a couple of 0 damage performances. Took my tank swimming on Erlenberg, scouted Redshire poorly. Not the best night in those regards!

But seriously, 1 confed every 3rd game. WTF. 

or you could just play hellcat (tooned with a pref 7 to farm more damage) and get the same DPG >_>

It's pretty hard to achieve an average of >2000 average damage in a Hellcat. At least, I can't do that. It requires dishing out 4 times your own hp! On some maps that is easily doable but then you get city maps, bad teams or games that just end too fast and struggle to get a 1000hp damage.

KraftLawrence's way of padding WN7 sounds a lot more effective to me. Soviet tds with their huge alpha seem the way to go about padding WN7. I hated my SU-152 to the point that I rage-sold it (never done that before or since). Ironically, my stats in that TD were pretty decent. Making 2 hits with the 152mm each game is enough to get into blue territory, make three and you are a purple SU-152 player.

A little 13 90, but I ran most of the LTs. Lots of Chaffee too. Pad hard in tier 5 LT, right?

I will admit to some potato, a couple of 0 damage performances. Took my tank swimming on Erlenberg, scouted Redshire poorly. Not the best night in those regards!

Chaffee is sexy tank.  It's worth playing just for the on-the-move accuracy.  A 2 Chaffee platoon is stupidly fun (though not the best for racking up wins).

Getting Malinovka in a tier 10 game with 2 Chaffees.....

Took my tank swimming on Erlenberg, scouted Redshire poorly. Not the best night in those regards!

Sometimes the crew just needs a little shore leave, you know. And everything on Redshire is poor. I'm pretty sure it's designed specifically to sap the will to live from both teams.

Also, is this some kind of weird self-trolling? Didn't you help develop WN7, Crab?

Exactly! This is why we needed a change to the tier penalty system, but luckily I think the solution we are trying to implement in WN8 (quasi per-tank stats) will work like a charm.  :smallsmile:

Hmm. Are you testing it already? how much will it affect heavy T49 players like me? I guess I'll revert back to potato status :D

Well, you were platooned with JacG and myself, and the last month's 30 kill mission made me good at kill stealing. I did see JacG pull a few back late, but only because his Tortoise reloads so much faster than the T-54.

Well, you were platooned with JacG and myself, and the last month's 30 kill mission made me good at kill stealing. I did see JacG pull a few back late, but only because his Tortoise reloads so much faster than the T-54.

Ah, the joys of having a tank with high rof in a platoon with high alpha and low rof... :D

WN7 fails me every time

Flirted briefly with purple 30-day over the last week but have dropped out due to my total inability to club seals in my Matilda last night. Night was going fine until I decided to go for 15 victories... decided to go for it in the Matilda and went 2-6 in last eight games, less than 500 average damage and only one decent game. Should have just given up after the first two losses.

How much of a penalty does low avg tier give you anyways? I mostly play tiers 4, 5, & 6  with average tier of 4.77. I do notice a big bump to WN7 if I play my tier 7s consistently.

Will it take into consideration damage upon spotting? 

Will it take into consideration damage upon spotting? 

Still not possible via the API, but using the vbaddict consolidated dossiers, we'll at least get normalized values per tank, approximately. So a well played 13 90 might have 1500 dpg and 1.2 kills 70% wins and X unknown spotting. But this won't be devalued next to say, a 50 100, which played by the same skilled player might have 2400 dpg, 2.1 kills and 70% wins. So even though the contribution from spotting won be included, the expectation of damage and kills from the LT will be reduced on the numbers we CAN look at. This will help fill in the gap.

Of course someone might just try to "farm" damage and kills in a LT, without doing their spotting/scouting work, but they will likely have a worse win ratio than someone at the same kills/dmg value. 

My Chaffee is holding around 1850, and I have yet to actually get a single defense point in it...

The 8 LTs are dragging up to the cusp of 1800 right now. 13 90 has too big of a battle count to really make a dent. 132 not so much. My Type 62 is over 1800, although thats the benefits of getting a fresh tank with a 2-3 skill crew. 

Batchat 2600 though, soooo thats why they don't usually put big guns on tanks with LT properties! 

As for the marathon, I suck at outlier scores. I have yet to break 2k in the Chaffee. But I've averaged over 1200 (dat tier 5 XP curve!). Minimizing variance in play and results is great....unless of course there is a contest to win gold for high outliers!