MokeyLOG

Flexing, Wargaming slowly removing the meta?

So I love playing my mediums. Such as the TVP and the 140. But more often than not I get stuck with maps where I don't feel like I can flex properly to get nice flank shots. Maps such as Lakeville, Paris, Ensk, or Empire's Border.  These maps feel like lanes are locked down and you have nowhere to go, but to face the enemy frontally.

When I play these mediums, I can't seem to flex to assassinate due to either just good enemy map coverage or a flank just gets walloped. Forcing a frontal fight. Other maps, I can get into nice holes in the enemy lines, get a clip out or kill a tank and bounce out. And looking at some of the most recent maps out and reworks over the years, I feel like WG wants to rid the Med Meta or get rid of assassin tanks.

How do you guys combat not being able to flex in tanks like the TVP, BC, or 140?

You can have nice games in Team Clash event. It's happening now. :)

In 7v7 mode you have a lot more room to flank.

Same works in randoms. You must wait until the number of tanks on the field dwindles.

You need to hold on aggression in early game. Try to support, conserve HP until map clears a bit. It's deadly to rush in early in tier 10. There are too much high alpha, high burst, high everything tanks in tier X.

Yeah, I've learned to be pretty conservative early on and save the hitpoints for later exchanges. It just seems like it's getting harder and harder to make powerful flexing plays.

The danger of committing early on clash is that you not only have less HP to work with, but also that you're very get likely to get singled out during the initial furball and removed before you can do much. Once you lose the furball things will pretty easily snowball into a loss.

Extreme aggression can work with medium platoons where you take the most direct route to the enemy spawn and basically halt them in their tracks while your heavies come in for the hammer blow. Most players you encounter will try and turn around - smarter ones will dive into cap - but even then you'll have taken out a chunk of HP from the enemy team and be pressuring from both sides. The risk here is that if the enemy team is competent they'll hard push cap and win by superior numbers, before turning back to deal with your med platoon.

Much simpler just to run triple 60TP/E 100, hard counter 5As/277s and win the brawling corner every time.

I don't play Team Clash in platoons. I prefer instant queue when playing my 50B. :)

Also, pretty good tank, 50B, in 7v7. Best one to win under 4 minutes for me.

I don't usually do that much damage with it. But it's fast enough to bring that clip where it matters, when it matters (EARLY).

56 minutes ago, MokeyLOG said:

I don't mind clash, but that's not the issue I'm having. I'm more so pointing my description to random battles.

Mobility is not irrelevant. Perhaps you need to pick other tanks.

907 and 430U instead of 140. Progetto over TVP, and pick EBR for some fast aktion. You need to keep up with the trends.

The reason why 140 and Bat25t no longer work the same for you, is because they are no longer the best tanks in the game. 

And, like I said before, tier X is ruthless. One mistake in early game and you're dead. 

If you want more action, less patience, you could also try tier 9.

9 hours ago, Bobi_Kreeg said:

Mobility is not irrelevant. Perhaps you need to pick other tanks.

907 and 430U instead of 140. Progetto over TVP, and pick EBR for some fast aktion. You need to keep up with the trends.

The reason why 140 and Bat25t no longer work the same for you, is because they are no longer the best tanks in the game. 

And, like I said before, tier X is ruthless. One mistake in early game and you're dead. 

If you want more action, less patience, you could also try tier 9.

140 is decent after the buffs, just that decent sometimes doesn't cut it at tier 10.

All of the good tier 10 meds can flex, but they also have tools which mean that they can contribute and farm even when they can't: 430U can pretend to be a heavy, STB can act as a hulldown bullet hose, Leo can chai-snipe, UDES can hulldown and bully meds.

So the answer is tank selection. Pick tanks that can not only flex, but can do something else really well in addition to it