Jump to content
ZXrage

1.12 Common Test

Recommended Posts

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/update-1-12-ct1/

Upcoming Changes:

- Rebalance to Tier 8 premiums
    - STG
    - T26E4
    - STA-2
    - T-34-3
- And the Bisonte (???)
- Quality of Life changes
    - Total team HP during a battle
    - Team list spotted markers
    - Previous battle results will show up if you're in a match
    - Default zoom multipliers (!!!)
- Steel Hunter coming back
- Blueprint Fragment Exchange

It's a small update but I'm pretty hyped for the new QoL changes, it could even get me to stop using mods entirely.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah spotted markers is all I really miss out on by not having mods (although total team HP might be useful) - this is a great change.

Are all of those tier 8 prems getting buffed?

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Snoregasm2 said:

Yeah spotted markers is all I really miss out on by not having mods (although total team HP might be useful) - this is a great change.

Are all of those tier 8 prems getting buffed?

Yes they're all getting buffs 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would rather see frontlines as steel hunter, normal tier 8, on big maps, with different game mode is nice.

Imo having fronline all the time ``on``, but with different tiers would be perfect, 1 month tier 7, then 8, then 9 and then 7 again.

This way it doesnt get boring, and big maps with just t7 (or t9) would be really refreshing (tier 7 tds would be suprising good i think, they are in general fast with ok guns, they suk dik for normal game mode, but t7 only on big maps?)

ps: same for light tanks and some t9, it would imo add a lot, and wont cost much effort, and why not try it? (for tier 10 its shit, too much viewrange and accuracy, so even on a big map its lame and shit)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ZXrage said:

Yes they're all getting buffs 

Yes. The grand total of.......4 (16 more teased apparently).

My impressions from the few games I got on CT

Guard buffs make it more playable without making it good, same could be said for the STA-2 and 34-3 buffs

Spersh is now better than the T26E5 and becomes a fairly decent heavium, on par with the Mod 1 - so the tank itself fits the meta - but isn't outstanding like the best i.e. lootbox/marathon prems

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, lavawing said:

but isn't outstanding like the best i.e. lootbox/marathon prems

that's a good thing though. that should be ALL premium tanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, lavawing said:

Yes. The grand total of.......4 (16 more teased apparently).

My impressions from the few games I got on CT

Guard buffs make it more playable without making it good, same could be said for the STA-2 and 34-3 buffs

Spersh is now better than the T26E5 and becomes a fairly decent heavium, on par with the Mod 1 - so the tank itself fits the meta - but isn't outstanding like the best i.e. lootbox/marathon prems

Spersh won't be good because its still has too many weakspots. They work if the enemy panics. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Spersh won't be good because its still has too many weakspots. They work if the enemy panics. 

micro wise you're faster and more agile making it trickier to hit the (many) weakspots reliably
in terms of map positioning in general you now have the speed to seek out mediums instead of being shoehorned into the heavy corner

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lavawing said:

micro wise you're faster and more agile making it trickier to hit the (many) weakspots reliably
in terms of map positioning in general you now have the speed to seek out mediums instead of being shoehorned into the heavy corner

I agree the tank is better but T26E5 will be still better because its armor is more reliable. Pershing still has armor that only works if you focus on bad players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, hazzgar said:

I agree the tank is better but T26E5 will be still better because its armor is more reliable. Pershing still has armor that only works if you focus on bad players.

Well, that is the one thing wot has no lack of...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

Well, that is the one thing wot has no lack of...

I agree but I think most good players here have expressed frustration with tanks that work not because of how you play but because of how the opponent plays? Remember a few years ago when IS-4 overperformed for unis acording to RichardNixon analysis despite no one really liking it? Or Ferdie post HP buff? (I like it though but don't ask me why). Hell I hate 50TP for that reason. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

I agree but I think most good players here have expressed frustration with tanks that work not because of how you play but because of how the opponent plays? Remember a few years ago when IS-4 overperformed for unis acording to RichardNixon analysis despite no one really liking it? Or Ferdie post HP buff? (I like it though but don't ask me why). Hell I hate 50TP for that reason. 

Oh, i know that, in general good or bad tank (looking at server wide performance)

  1. Alpha dmg
  2. Hitpoints
  3. Raw armour (that bounces stuff while not puting in effort, so IS4, ferdinand, T110E5)
  4. DPM (to a lesser extent)

Its why 279 is suchs noobsmasher, it takes ages to kill, and has enough gun to do something, its also why 60TP is so good i think, troll armour, a lot of hitpoints and high alpha dmg (and not cripling bad dpm, like Jp-E100 for example)

Heck, if Jp-E100 would get 2600 hp and 5 sec faster reload would be brutal, if not downright OP

Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think the T26E5 will be better than the Super Pershing, for two reasons:

  1. Super Pershing armor is unreliable. A lot of things can just autoaim the front, and even hulldown you can always pen it.
  2. Westfield. Spawning in the valley in a Super Pershing is one of the worst feelings in this game.
2 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

Its why 279 is suchs noobsmasher, it takes ages to kill, and has enough gun to do something, its also why 60TP is so good i think, troll armour, a lot of hitpoints and high alpha dmg (and not cripling bad dpm, like Jp-E100 for example)

Heck, if Jp-E100 would get 2600 hp and 5 sec faster reload would be brutal, if not downright OP

The issue with the JP isn't its DPM. It still has ~3k DPM, which isn't bad.

The issue is the combination of the gun being kind of unreliable (and the fact that one missed/bounced shot means you lost a third of your DPM), and the complete and utter lack of flexibility (slow + no turret + huge size + easy to pen).

JP with 2.6k HP and 15 second reload would be... absurd. More HP than most heavies + 1,050 alpha + 4k DPM...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, churchill50 said:

I still think the T26E5 will be better than the Super Pershing, for two reasons:

  1. Super Pershing armor is unreliable. A lot of things can just autoaim the front, and even hulldown you can always pen it.
  2. Westfield. Spawning in the valley in a Super Pershing is one of the worst feelings in this game.

The issue with the JP isn't its DPM. It still has ~3k DPM, which isn't bad.

The issue is the combination of the gun being kind of unreliable, and the complete and utter lack of flexibility (slow + no turret + huge size + easy to pen).

JP with 2.6k HP and 15 second reload would be... absurd. More HP than most heavies + 1,050 alpha + 4k DPM...

1. Spersh has hull armour you can still (unreliably) use in 2k21 - E5 is stronger hulldown but it's nothing close to invulnerable either by current standards. 
@hazzgar I think you're judging the tank's armour by its current mobility stats, but what's missing is that what used to be easy hits on weakspots will be much harder to get solid hits on as the tank will basically get E5 mobility in the next patch.
Spersh's armour may be full of holes but even a good player will find it hard to get reliable pens on the thing if you rock back and forth/wiggle which is what you should be doing with that extra engine power. It's not, or won't be, armour that only works against bads. 
2. Agreed
3. T26E4 has some camo making it better for bullying meds and lategame stalemates
4. T26E4 is a med so will be matched against meds, so you effectively have one more heavy/heavium on your team meaning that you are more likely to have an overmatch on the corridor or brawly corner of the map

The E4 having better bloom is balanced by the E5 having more DPM so I think they are tied on the firepower front (E5 has an edge if you're frugal)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bobi_Kreeg said:

E5/Patriot will still have 30 more pen? That's huge. 

But doesn’t the E4 have preferential MM?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lavawing said:

1. Spersh has hull armour you can still (unreliably) use in 2k21 - E5 is stronger hulldown but it's nothing close to invulnerable either by current standards. 
@hazzgar I think you're judging the tank's armour by its current mobility stats, but what's missing is that what used to be easy hits on weakspots will be much harder to get solid hits on as the tank will basically get E5 mobility in the next patch.
Spersh's armour may be full of holes but even a good player will find it hard to get reliable pens on the thing if you rock back and forth/wiggle which is what you should be doing with that extra engine power. It's not, or won't be, armour that only works against bads. 
2. Agreed
3. T26E4 has some camo making it better for bullying meds and lategame stalemates
4. T26E4 is a med so will be matched against meds, so you effectively have one more heavy/heavium on your team meaning that you are more likely to have an overmatch on the corridor or brawly corner of the map

The E4 having better bloom is balanced by the E5 having more DPM so I think they are tied on the firepower front (E5 has an edge if you're frugal)

I follow the MM argument though it's not always good (Westfield...) As for it getting better mobility - I  agree it's a MUCH better tank but when you think of turret weakspots you miss the stupid big cheek weakspots. Cupolas can be trollish but the difference in hull down ability is still huge here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bobi_Kreeg said:

E5/Patriot will still have 30 more pen? That's huge. 

What are you on? The E4 has had 258 pen since 2018. :nanodoge:

8 hours ago, sohojacques said:

But doesn’t the E4 have preferential MM?

Same-tier MM is lenient enough these days that pref MM doesn't count for much. They used to massively gimp pref 8s but it seems with the Spersh and 34-3 buffs they are now treating them as though they had normal MM, which is fair enough imo as 8s now mostly fight 8s and pref 8s are just not competitive.

Not being tier 10 fodder ever 1 in 10 games is a nifty perk however

Link to post
Share on other sites

The topic says that War Gaming intend to buff at least 16 premium tier VIII tanks during the course of 2021. So first guess is that it might be 16-20 over the course of 12 months.

 

Second if you look at the detail the buffs are minuscule. Yes all buffs are nice, but as in the manner that WG buffed the Panther 8.8 and Panzer 58 these buffs on the whole take below average tanks, and drag them closer to average.

As an example take the T-34-3 on common test. It has three buffs;

Hit points go from 1,300 up to 1,400

dispersion at 100 metres goes down from 0.44 to 0.42

Aiming time is improved from 2.9 to 2.5 secs.

The T34-3 has always had very wonky gun handling and any improvement is much appreciated, but

T44-100 is dispersion 0.34 and aim 1.92 (HP 1350) and Type 59 (also with pref MM) is dispersion 0.37 and aim of 1.92 (HP 1300).

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2021 at 4:14 PM, GehakteMolen said:

Oh, i know that, in general good or bad tank (looking at server wide performance)

  1. Alpha dmg
  2. Hitpoints
  3. Raw armour (that bounces stuff while not puting in effort, so IS4, ferdinand, T110E5)
  4. DPM (to a lesser extent)

Its why 279 is suchs noobsmasher, it takes ages to kill, and has enough gun to do something, its also why 60TP is so good i think, troll armour, a lot of hitpoints and high alpha dmg (and not cripling bad dpm, like Jp-E100 for example)

Heck, if Jp-E100 would get 2600 hp and 5 sec faster reload would be brutal, if not downright OP

JPE100 would still be super annoying because of gun placement. It would be good but people play smarter. yes i know it sounds silly in terms of short distance fights even tomatoes sometimes can surprise you and disable you in a JPE100 completely. I've been playing it recently and jeeezus. It used to be semi fun. Now it's hoping that your enemies have zero awarness or no gold shells. 

On 2/16/2021 at 7:15 PM, Bobi_Kreeg said:

Yea, they aim faster, but which one of those has 390 alpha? :-) 

Yes but alpha doesn't matter as much if the gun handling is so incredibly bad it's not usable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...