On 3/5/2021 at 10:34 PM, hazzgar said:

What you are saying is basically - keep the crew as it is. The crew system currently isn't bad. Very few tanks really benefit that much over a certain skill number. WG on one hand are super afraid of lights being too good and on the other have no idea they are doing a lot to buff lights. Hell the new equipment was a huge buff to lights if you know how to use commanders vision. 

All WG really had to do was make SS free and add a couple more new skills into the pool so you don't pick the same four skills all the time. The only reason Equipment 2.0 worked was because they didn't overhaul any of the (viable) old equipment and just built on the slot mechanic a little + added more options so it's not always rammer/verstab/optics

1 hour ago, ZXrage said:

All WG really had to do was make SS free and add a couple more new skills into the pool so you don't pick the same four skills all the time. The only reason Equipment 2.0 worked was because they didn't overhaul any of the (viable) old equipment and just built on the slot mechanic a little + added more options so it's not always rammer/verstab/optics

100% this. Add some useful skills for Loaders and commanders (since often you get 0 skill commanders so they have 1 extra skill over the rest of the crew)

And something for radio operators. Other than SA, none of the radio skills are relevant at mid to high tier.

On 3/8/2021 at 4:34 PM, Panzergraf said:

And something for radio operators. Other than SA, none of the radio skills are relevant at mid to high tier.

Some vision skills should be radio operator skills really. That visible for 2 extra seconds thing could be it

On 3/8/2021 at 3:12 PM, hazzgar said:

100% this. Add some useful skills for Loaders and commanders (since often you get 0 skill commanders so they have 1 extra skill over the rest of the crew)

imo commander alrdy has enough, bia, repair, camo, 6e sense, view range, sometimes the radio skill with view range, and mentor (10% more crew skill) and the skill it can replace other crew are also not bad, radio man and loader are the ones getting shafted

ps: and stuff like dead eye and designated target are kinda useless due to it beiing perks, i train that as 4e, then u never reach it, making it useless

14 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

imo commander alrdy has enough, bia, repair, camo, 6e sense, view range, sometimes the radio skill with view range, and mentor (10% more crew skill) and the skill it can replace other crew are also not bad, radio man and loader are the ones getting shafted

ps: and stuff like dead eye and designated target are kinda useless due to it beiing perks, i train that as 4e, then u never reach it, making it useless

Sorry that is my brainfart. I wanted to say radio operators. No idea why I said commanders. I think i was thinking radio operators and loaders. Take some of the commander skills to them so you don't train them as 5th skill so they actually become useful

there's plenty of skills that could be good and that already align with the mechanics of the game

radio/loaders need more skills simply because of the fact that people start having 7-8 skill crews by now and there are skills here that are close to useless

the problem with adding too many viable skills is that you increase the gap further between a good crew and a bad one, right now the difference between a 0 skill and 2 skill crew is bigger than 2 skills -> 8 skills and that is a good thing, adding more of them means that this gap gets even bigger and as a result makes 2-3 skill crews almost unplayable in terms of being competitive, which they aren't now. (4 skills is the gold standard imo but you can easily get by with 3 on any given tank)

the only good way to solve this is to cap crews so you're forced to choose between them, 6 skills is probably the fairest realistic cap without people going crazy - it's the point where skills stop being useful anyway and if you add more of them then people will have to choose between ex. vision stacking their meds (opening up an equipment slot as optics aren't needed anymore) or build their skills differently in favour of the possible new skills

i want a camo piercing skill for radio operators that doesn't increase view range but works in the same radius as designated target, possible add on is an increase in effectiveness against targets firing

improved auto aim - i would never skill this in my life but for the mass it could be a huge crew skill that basically means giving up a crew skill for some mechanical assistance (fair trade off imo), basically autoaim+ but you need to be aiming in the general direction for it to lock onto it (gunner)

last stand - lets you fire a shot up to 0,5s after your tank runs out of HP (delaying tank explosion by 0,5s, also won't work when getting ammoracked) - this skill could be game breaking as you'd always have to treat oneshot pokes as they could fire back unless you make some sort of indicator (loader)

reverse speed crew skill - basically a throwaway skill on many tanks but on some it can really matter, best way to make good use of it is probably having it have a bigger impact right away and make it fade than a constant % increase in reverse speed, the skill as a whole would be much more useful having a 20% increase during the first second of reversal and fading down to 5% over 5 seconds (can't be picked by wheelies), this sounds like a lot but reverse speeds are typically very low so a 20% increase is basically never more than 5kph - balancing it further it could have a CD if it's too op (driver)

BiA 2 - unlocked after BiA is completed on entire crew, works the exact same but it's only a 2.5% increase (general skill)

Increasing proxy range could be an interesting skill but I think it'll just result in 55m hugging and spot checking with sixth to permalight shit that can't light you back and have arty wittle it away 

there's also the option of activatable skills but there aren't great keybinds for it if you don't have mouse buttons to bind it to, but here you can go crazy in the amount of options of potential skills possible but they really complicate the game

BIA 2 could maybe instead work like Old Guard or whatever they called it in crew 2.0, where it adds to survivability rather than crew skill.
Maybe reduce stun duration and increase module HP or something, but not drastically so.

And you can pick it instead of or in addition to BIA - could be nice for heavy tanks.

On 3/13/2021 at 7:30 PM, kolni said:

the only good way to solve this is to cap crews so you're forced to choose between them, 6 skills is probably the fairest realistic cap without people going crazy - it's the point where skills stop being useful anyway and if you add more of them then people will have to choose between ex. vision stacking their meds (opening up an equipment slot as optics aren't needed anymore) or build their skills differently in favour of the possible new skills

Another idea I've heard before is rather than cap the number of skills, reduce the effectiveness for subsequent ones. For instance, something like skills 1-3 operate at 100%. Skill 4 85% skill 5 72% (example numbers), and so on, so that while you can always gain more skills, subsequent ones are less effectiveness. In this case a 4th skill BOA would grant a 4.25% bonus to crew. Tie this in with reworking bad perks and skills, adding a few more to some crew members, and lessening the exponential experience cost of subsequent skills.

11 hours ago, Ogopogo said:

Another idea I've heard before is rather than cap the number of skills, reduce the effectiveness for subsequent ones. For instance, something like skills 1-3 operate at 100%. Skill 4 85% skill 5 72% (example numbers), and so on, so that while you can always gain more skills, subsequent ones are less effectiveness. In this case a 4th skill BOA would grant a 4.25% bonus to crew. Tie this in with reworking bad perks and skills, adding a few more to some crew members, and lessening the exponential experience cost of subsequent skills.

This still will be a problem. Especially for lights. If you know there is an enemy light before you in a bush line (ie. Prok) basically the one who gets spotted first dies.  So even a tiny difference means a lot