paulkwj

Is Tiger HT worth playing?

Triple Tiger-H pontoon late night tonight? I gots rugby practice, but I'm down for something around 9PM MST.

As a former winger and outside center I can say that Ruggers make great platoon-mates and human beings..

I'll keep an eye out online once you are out of the scrum. 

Hougong = harem

Den uncivilized mongrels can't even language

They are pretty good at building pyramids of skulls though. Not that violence ever actually solved anything*.

*Ask Nazi Germany, Confederate States of America, or the Carthaginian Empire if they agree.....if you can find them on the map.

Actually... pretty much anything you can think of... yellow dudes did first. Thank whatever deity you pray to that they decided to gaze at their navel for most of history or we would all be speaking Chinese. (And that shit sounds like a cat fight)

We were high

We were stoned

the white dudes came

and we were pwn'ed

Sr as a doctor how are your patients supposed to trust you operating on them if your hands aren't steady enough to hit a tiger 2 at 100m?

He is not a surgeon foolio.

Sr as a doctor how are your patients supposed to trust you operating on them if your hands aren't steady enough to hit a tiger 2 at 100m?

I use gold ammo in the OR

goddamn patstadding doctor, I bet you only take the low tier operations you goddamn seal clubber

I pad my 1040.

Better than IS2 and worse than a T29 imho.

But T29 and TigerH are both MUCH better than an IS2.

I'd go with Black Prince + Tiger or T29 + Tiger for maximum lolz. Maybe Black Prince + Tiger is even better since the BP can waste a couple of shells to detrack stuff, and then they can mow it down real fast.

UPDATE: I started playing the tank.

If you don't own one, GO GRIND IT NOW!

Crazy. Really CRAZY.

Anyone have any idea how tough the tiger's turret is now? It has 150mm spaced armor on it, but I'm not sure how effective against ap/apcr that translates to, considering how spaced armor is. 

Pretty good. Not exactly reliable, but at the range you'll be fighting it's not actually bad.

So, finally had some time tonight to play the new Tiger. Warning: Some serious honeymoon style gushing is to follow.

Jesus Christ the Tiger is amazing. Finally the Tiger receives the treatment it deserves. I’m having fantastic games left and right. The DPM is phenomenal and the buffed accuracy (aim time) is the icing on the cake. I love this tank now, I really do. It’s such a good tank.

I have a pretty embarrassing history with the Tiger. The Tiger is one of my favorite tanks of all time, so when I first got it about two years ago I was ecstatic. Unfortunately, the Tiger sucked. On top of that, back then I was not good enough to play to its minimal strengths. It was also my first heavy tank ever, and a complete 180 from the VK3601 that preceded it.

With all these things working against me, the Tiger has one of the most abysmal stats in my service record with about 250 battles recorded for it. It’s bad. Very bad. I was so disappointed with the tank because I wanted so much for it to be good, but it just wasn’t, and I wasn’t good enough to make up for how bad it was.

Come 8.8, the Tiger has been rebalanced. The gun mantlet has been strengthened up, the commanders cupola weakpoint has been curved and buffed, it’s now faster in a straight line, and the long 88 has been adjusted. It is now the great hull down sniper, built around a fantastic gun, that it was always meant to be.

Jesus Christ the Tiger is amazing. Finally the Tiger receives the treatment it deserves. I’m having fantastic games left and right. The DPM is phenomenal and the buffed accuracy (aim time) is the icing on the cake. I love this tank now, I really do. It’s such a good tank.

I liked it even before the patch and had some decent stats in it, even though I was still a noob when I drove it.

VERY tempted to rebuy it after these reviews....

I feel it is as GOOD as the T-29. Its going to wreck a T-29 in the open, and lose if the T-29 is hull down (even a  little).

The Tiger is more mobile, so it can decline a bad engagement where the T-29 if it gets caught redeploying is in real trouble.

The T-29 can LEAD from the front against multiple tanks if there is a small dip to fight from... the Tiger-H will die in a fire if it tries to bully more tanks than 1.

I feel it is as GOOD as the T-29. Its going to wreck a T-29 in the open, and lose if the T-29 is hull down (even a  little).

The Tiger is more mobile, so it can decline a bad engagement where the T-29 if it gets caught redeploying is in real trouble.

The T-29 can LEAD from the front against multiple tanks if there is a small dip to fight from... the Tiger-H will die in a fire if it tries to bully more tanks than 1.

Situational.

If there's a dip you can use box angling and vertical angling while hiding your frontal drive wheel, while wiggling, and dish out MUCH more punishment than what a T29 can do.

Besides 1500 hp take a pretty long time to go down, and you got Comet-level DPM... Do your maths :P

Let's put it this way: with a bit of care, and much thought, the Tiger can be slightly worse than a T29 in areas where the T29 can hide only part of his hull, much worse if the T29 can hulldown, much better on near-flat terrains/long range engagements/DPM fights.

Also, the Tiger loses much less potential in tier 9 games. You got very good penetration and the accuracy to hit where you actually aim.

Also, if there's a rock the Tiger is better. I find it much easier to sidescrape than with the T29 with those skirts over the hull.

I ended up taking my new heavy crew from my VK3601. It was a tough decision because that tank has been one of my favorite tanks in the game since I started playing, but in the end I'm glad I did. The Tiger is fantastic, if a bit situational. It requires good positioning to take advantage of its mad deeps, but once you find that sweet spot and unload on people it's like magic.

Just don't get hit because I swear every time I get hit something breaks. Usually the engine.

The turret mantlet is not bad either, but it's difficult to hull down because the turret is so short and hull so tall. Appropriate cover/hills are harder to come by.