paulkwj

Is Tiger HT worth playing?

The Tiger is simply amazing.  I thought it was solid and far better than its reputation indicated even before the buffs, but now it's just great.  Killer gun.  If you can find a red tank being pinned by a teammate somewhere 400m away, you can simply zap him over and over until he's dead, or else moved behind cover and likely into somebody else's field of fire.

Mobility buff is nice too.  Small nerf to hill-climbing is a small price to pay for vastly increased top speed.

For the moment I'm running the usual Rammer, GLD, Vents, but I've been considering switching the Vents to optics. I'm not sure how much benefit I'll get by doing so. At the moment I'm obsessed with maximizing the DPM of the gun and have been relying on teammates to spot targets for me.

I too am going Rammer/GLD/Vents. In all honesty.... not that sure you need GLD. Gun handles great. Rammer/Optics(binocs)/Vents could be argued for.

I too am going Rammer/GLD/Vents. In all honesty.... not that sure you need GLD. Gun handles great. Rammer/Optics(binocs)/Vents could be argued for.

I was running Rammer / Vents / Binocs but found the aim time a bit slow given the ROF buff. GLD for Vents has been a good improvement, imo.

Running Rammer/Vents/GLD myself.

I rebought my tiger H to fix its WR from 41%. And i must say 8.8 was a huge improvement for the tank.

I play a max of 3-2 games in the tiger a day, and its WR went from 41% to 47% in a week. (Aimming for 55%)

I would dare say tiger is equal to my T29 now.

Traded in my 3601 for the Tiger, and have not regretted it for a single moment. Running bino/gld/rammer, and it is pretty insane.

Still think the T29 is better due to the turret and gun depression, but I will be more careful around Tigers now.

i might assume that you guys want the Tiger I for keeps. Would you keep the crew or send em off to Tiger II and beyond? just started playing with my unused Tiger I and i must say i was impressed even though i am still to research the last suspension. But as soon as I move to Tiger II should it be better to train new ones or keep my current Tiger crew? 

Traded in my 3601 for the Tiger, and have not regretted it for a single moment. Running bino/gld/rammer, and it is pretty insane.

Still think the T29 is better due to the turret and gun depression, but I will be more careful around Tigers now.

I did the same.  

And i agree that it's still not quite as good as the T29 but it's very close now.  I'm really doing well with it and enjoying it despite having a somewhat noobish crew in it.   Compared to my T29 that has one of my best crews. With a 4 skill crew in it, the Tiger might just be my favourite Tier 7. 

I've been playing this tank for two days, and even though my WR in it has been fine (by my standards, at least,) it seems a bit underwhelming (even with all upgrades). The frontal armor is completely negated if enemies can see your (huge) LFP, and the sides are useless. Gun depression seems bad. And it is slow.

I fear T29s in this tank, but doubt they fear me. And let's not mention Tier 8 or 9 tanks.

I admit the gun is very nice, especially on the few maps I can actually sit back and pretend I'm a TD.

I was already grinding down the Tiger H line prior to 8.8 in order to get the E-75 and E-100.   I stopped before the patch because of the buffs and engine removal and just started back up.  I am only 15K xp away from the Tiger II, and I am wondering if I should keep the Tiger H and sell off my VK3601 and transfer it's crew to the Tiger II?

Do you guys think the VK3601 is unworthy of garage space in the face of keeping the Tiger H?

I've been playing this tank for two days, and even though my WR in it has been fine (by my standards, at least,) it seems a bit underwhelming (even with all upgrades). The frontal armor is completely negated if enemies can see your (huge) LFP, and the sides are useless. Gun depression seems bad. And it is slow.

I fear T29s in this tank, but doubt they fear me. And let's not mention Tier 8 or 9 tanks.

I admit the gun is very nice, especially on the few maps I can actually sit back and pretend I'm a TD.

The armor is negated by being Tiger armor, if you're relying on it for anything you're playing the tank wrong. The mobility isn't bad at all though. It's sort of a mobile, turreted TD/Medium hybrid that has to avoid getting shot at until end game and abuses enemies at distance with its accuracy and high DPM. It's just fine in higher tiers due to the accuracy and pen, which is enough for anything that's not a tier 9 heavy from the front mixing AP with a little APCR.

Plus in end game you have a huge HP pool and a gun that will mercilessly overwhelm anything at lower HP, at that point it becomes a big bully.

Honestly, I can't say that it is more mobile. It has been a while since I played it previously, but it feels just as sluggish, if not more so than before. Though maybe I have just played too many leo 1 games. However, the rate of fire is a welcome change. Also, the turret seems much tougher than it was previously. I can go pseudo hull down now and employ that rate of fire. I've rebought it and had no regrets. Not quite T29, but I like it much better than the IS.

Hm, reading this stuff I'm also asking myself if I should rebuy it.

It was the first tank in which I managed a winrate of over 50% and the KT was even better.

I liked the tiger! If it's now even better then it was...it must be really good now.

Honestly, I can't say that it is more mobile. It has been a while since I played it previously, but it feels just as sluggish, if not more so than before. Though maybe I have just played too many leo 1 games. However, the rate of fire is a welcome change. Also, the turret seems much tougher than it was previously. I can go pseudo hull down now and employ that rate of fire. I've rebought it and had no regrets. Not quite T29, but I like it much better than the IS.

The Tiger is much more mobile overall. In exchange for very slightly worse performance uphill it has received a massive boost to overall speed, and often reaches 40 kph and higher, especially downhill.

I haven't been very impressed with it.

The DPM buff puts it middle-of-the-pack, and laughably lower than the TD's which it shares a playstyle with.  Low alpha means more exposure, and a god-forsaken turret which doesn't bounce anything.  It's fine to drive because it doesn't have any real downsides, but I'd still put it 10th best in tier or so.

I haven't been very impressed with it.

The DPM buff puts it middle-of-the-pack, and laughably lower than the TD's which it shares a playstyle with. Low alpha means more exposure, and a god-forsaken turret which doesn't bounce anything. It's fine to drive because it doesn't have any real downsides, but I'd still put it 10th best in tier or so.

The turret is excellent. The gun mantlet covers practically the entire front of the turret, so I get a lot of bounces. Just the other evening I got my third Steel Wall in the Tiger.