hall0

Czech Heavy tanks + New T8 premium

56 minutes ago, hall0 said:

Wasn't rly an issue. With 2s intraclip you can burst an enemy and hide behind your allies for the quite short reload. 

If it wasn't already a typical rofl stomp no enemy yoloed me during reload. 

I could quite good dictate the engagements. Similar I do in my Borat 

My experience through the years has been that 20s or thereabouts is simply the best downtime for autoloader tanks. Something about how long it takes to cross short spaces and the pacing of brawls and other tanks reloads just makes anything from 15-24s just ideal at any tier. It's just easy to maneuver and protect yourself for that little window and unless your opponent is particularly good at timing reloads - hard to estimate. The tanks at each tier with that reload end up being favorites - Kran, Skoda 50, Borat, 13 75, etc

Exactly. It is a bit like driving a Kran. You Clip enemies from an advantages position and you reload. If they push you, you are most likely already reloaded. 

Or you clip an enemy and move to the next. Once you reach him you are reloaded again. Most of the time it is a continuous flow. You don't rly feel the down time. 

On 7/20/2021 at 6:35 PM, CraBeatOff said:

My experience through the years has been that 20s or thereabouts is simply the best downtime for autoloader tanks. Something about how long it takes to cross short spaces and the pacing of brawls and other tanks reloads just makes anything from 15-24s just ideal at any tier. It's just easy to maneuver and protect yourself for that little window and unless your opponent is particularly good at timing reloads - hard to estimate. The tanks at each tier with that reload end up being favorites - Kran, Skoda 50, Borat, 13 75, etc

Its probably also because many high tier tds have reload in that range (if u dont run food / bia), ISU, Jp-E100, T30, Fv`s, E4) So many other tanks are also poking / moving in that interval.

Imo anything above 20 is alrdy kinda long (say Fv 4005) your reload if often so long, you cant shoot twice, which greatly hampers your influence...

ps: this is also the easiest fix for Jp-E100, nerf dmg to 950 and give it much more dpm, keeps it sorta unique, and makes it much more reliable and dangerous

14 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

Its probably also because many high tier tds have reload in that range (if u dont run food / bia), ISU, Jp-E100, T30, Fv`s, E4) So many other tanks are also poking / moving in that interval.

Imo anything above 20 is alrdy kinda long (say Fv 4005) your reload if often so long, you cant shoot twice, which greatly hampers your influence...

ps: this is also the easiest fix for Jp-E100, nerf dmg to 950 and give it much more dpm, keeps it sorta unique, and makes it much more reliable and dangerous

strangely TOmato.gg shows Jpe100 performing quite well 

On 7/21/2021 at 9:18 PM, GehakteMolen said:

nerf dmg to 950

Fine by me, mine only rolls for 800 anyway.

Noone knows. And that we have now the third iteration of the testserver and still no nerfs for the CZ tanks makes me worry a bit. 

I usually drive T8 and T9 tanks. The feeling getting clapped for a thousand in two seconds is nothing I want to experience in the near future.

Edit. 

BTW. Another marathon is just around the corner. I expect it to be the CZ T prem. As we pretty much had a marathon every time a new line was introduced. 

But maybe it is just the shitty looking AMX. 

On 7/31/2021 at 1:21 AM, hazzgar said:

So anyone knows the ETA for the patch? 

From memory it's usually around a 2-week cycle (maybe 3) from something going to Test Server to going live I think? Pretty quick usually once something gets to Test though from memory.

New Frontline Season starts 16th of August. So they have to release it before. 

This week is out of question as clan war campaign is still running. Only viable release date is next week. 

4 hours ago, hall0 said:

New Frontline Season starts 16th of August. So they have to release it before. 

This week is out of question as clan war campaign is still running. Only viable release date is next week. 

I'm on holiday from the 13th so I kinda hope I can get the t10 before then. 230k free exp + blueprints should bring me close

On 7/30/2021 at 4:21 PM, hazzgar said:

So anyone knows the ETA for the patch? 

The launch of the new update in all regions is scheduled for next week:

ASIA: August 9;
NA: August 10;
EU: August 11;
RU: August 11;

For this reason, two new mod folders will be created: ./mods/1.14.0.0/ and ./res_mods/1.14.0.0/.

source = https://thearmoredpatrol.com/

I wonder if WG will roll the T56 premium tier VIII heavy tank into a summer marathon, or just sell it for cash? Bourrasque, Progetto and EBR 75 were all marathon tanks originally.

Havent played test server, so cant judge, but looking at video`s, these 2 shot stuff looks: interesting, not that unbalanced

Main problem it, is will speed up games more (more alpha dmg) and make attacking even more dangerous, but perhaps if these tanks have bad dpm, it wont be that bad

I got a crew and enough exp to unlock the t7, so im ready to start (another) line

WG EU did a Stream with the T8 premium on the 6th of August

460 alpha - 3,5s intraclip and 22s-ish total reload - gold AP as preium round. So no reason ever loading normal AP - gun bloom seems to be alright. 

4 hours ago, hall0 said:

WG EU did a Stream with the T8 premium on the 6th of August

460 alpha - 3,5s intraclip and 22s-ish total reload - gold AP as preium round. So no reason ever loading normal AP - gun bloom seems to be alright. 

this one is still retarded though, 460 is way to much (390 like 703 v2 would be more then enough)

Yep, the premium looks like it will be pretty ridiculously overpowered with 460 alpha. I cannot believe they are keeping that when the tier 10 will have 490.

On 8/8/2021 at 1:47 AM, Balthazars said:

Yep, the premium looks like it will be pretty ridiculously overpowered with 460 alpha. I cannot believe they are keeping that when the tier 10 will have 490.

3.5 will make it annoying as shit to play so it will be one of those tanks that are shit to play with shit to play against. WG 200iq

WG balancing department can't play the game they are supposed to balance, as 460 alpha on a 2 shot autoloader is fucking retarded at tier 8.

What kind of smoothbrain window licker thought this would be a good idea? It will be total cancer for gameplay.

3 hours ago, hazzgar said:

3.5 will make it annoying as shit to play so it will be one of those tanks that are shit to play with shit to play against. WG 200iq

True the 3.5sec intra-clip will hold it back a bit, and as you say, is at that really awkward length where you miss out on a lot of second shots, but let's be honest, it's a heavy tank so it's not going to be that hard to manufacture situations where it can get out both rounds quite reliably. I'm pretty willing to bet that It is going to be way shittier to play against than it is going to be to play as.

I am not looking forward to tier 8 MM when this thing goes live, as it looks like it will have the ability to dramatically face-roll the meta.

23 hours ago, Balthazars said:

True the 3.5sec intra-clip will hold it back a bit, and as you say, is at that really awkward length where you miss out on a lot of second shots, but let's be honest, it's a heavy tank so it's not going to be that hard to manufacture situations where it can get out both rounds quite reliably. I'm pretty willing to bet that It is going to be way shittier to play against than it is going to be to play as.

I am not looking forward to tier 8 MM when this thing goes live, as it looks like it will have the ability to dramatically face-roll the meta.

The thing cases when it will be able to pump shots are frontal engagements = pixel hunting. Side shots on cross usually don't last 3.5s. I feel like the really broken tank will be the t10 one. 

7 hours ago, hazzgar said:

EDIT: Saw some CC's play it. It's broken as balls. 

Are we talking about the tier 8 premium still? I've seen a little bit as well and it looks pretty broken.

Looking at it against the T77 which is the other burst-y tier 8 premium - you get 1 round less in the magazine (3 v 2) but have about a 40% quicker clip reload (under 24 seconds v over 38 seconds) although also suffer with 1.5 seconds worse intra-clip (3.5 v 2). However, overall when comparing the clips you're doing 920 average damage within 3.5 seconds compared to 1,080 in 4 seconds so you're doing 85% of the same burst damage in 87.5% of the same period of time, and when you consider RNG, arguably you're more consistent because you do all of that in only 2 shots (so only two sets of RNG, as opposed to 3), all of which pans out for nearly 500 more base DPM.

You also get vastly better gun handling - aim time and accuracy are a bit worse, but all forms of dispersion are substantially better, and we all know that dispersion is what really makes or breaks gun handling (accuracy has the biggest impact on long-range sniping).

The T77 isn't broken because it's DPM is gutter tier (1,500 base) and it has no armour so is very vulnerable during its downtime and will almost certainly take some damage in return if trading in a brawl. This thing though has 2k base DPM (competitive in the tier/class) and usable armour, and isn't snail-pace slow either. Penetration is basically it's only weakness (and view range, but it's comparable for other heavies in the tier). I've not seen too many in the MM yet (it's on sale in the premium shop in NA so I guess it's only a matter of time, I've only played tier 7 and tier 9 since the patch hit but not too many of these seem to be pulled into these MM tiers yet). It should be crushingly good same or top tier. Platoons of Bourras will still likely be the dominant force in tier 8 MM (mobility and camo combined with their burst is just too good) but platoons of this thing I suspect will also have very high levels of success just face-rolling enemy teams.

They absolutely should have nerfed either the alpha (to 390) or the clip reload (probably to about 29 or 30 seconds), or some combination of the two.

There is one big thing why a 2 shot clip is better than a 4 shot clip even if you have the same unload speed and the same DPM. Sometimes you can only shoot once. Then the tank with bigger alpha still wins. This also reloads quicker so it really wins in those half clip situations (also you have done 50% of your clip not 25% of your clip dmg).

ALso yeah the skill celling will probably be lower because of the speed but it's a heavy, heavies influence games a lot. 3x this and you essentially have 2700 burst. Good thing this doesn't have 270mm+ pen as if it had it would, a plat would one clip t10 heavies.

I'm considering it, but unsure about the gun handling, according to tanks.gg it should be quite derpy, but there's no way to try before you buy...

In other news, I got myself the tier 9 heavy, and for the one game I played it, it seems to be pretty good.
2-shot autoloader might be the sweet spot between burst damage and downtime, I think I'll enjoy this one.
Gun control is decent, mobility is decent, not sure about the armor yet, but I dinged some shots off it, so it could be ok.

On 8/9/2021 at 10:38 AM, hazzgar said:

I've only played 3 battles in mine so far (first was a 0dmg win), and this seems about right.