hazzgar

How to t10 in 2021?

Question

Hey,
I've been playing t7-9 and for the last 1.5 years and after comming back to t10 it feels like I can't maintain decent DPG's. Do you know any good guides or give me any tips? Since it seems like in t10 you really have to chase damage and it often means that I take risks that end up with me dead. What's the main adjustments I need to be making from t9 to t10? In pub play it doesn't really feel as passive as in ranked.

3 answers to this question

3 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Since it seems like in t10 you really have to chase damage and it often means that I take risks that end up with me dead. 

There's your problem and your answer. 

I play more cautiously in T10 because you get punished much harder for your mistakes. T10 games are always packed with TD's and arty, especially FV/JPE spammers that are just waiting for their 1 pen per game. In the games where I'm not getting much damage early, patience usually pays off later on once the battle opens up a little and there's more room to move with less consequences.

Not sure if you've seen this already, but it generally holds up: https://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/28910-tier-10-struggles-response-to-snoregasm/

I'd say the meta has gotten worse at tier 10 since this post, but as @kolni said then, tier 10 is harder (meta/MM notwithstanding) because 1) The guns punish you so much more; and 2) there's less mechanics abuse by being a better player (not as many lower tier viewranges, low pen, most players know the best camping spots so no free dmg etc.), which is prevalent in lower tiers. Most shitters either avoid tier 10 or take out their FVs/Jagd/Arty and play super passive, because they know they'll die in seconds if they try and play normally.

13 hours ago, PityFool said:

There's your problem and your answer. 

I play more cautiously in T10 because you get punished much harder for your mistakes. T10 games are always packed with TD's and arty, especially FV/JPE spammers that are just waiting for their 1 pen per game. In the games where I'm not getting much damage early, patience usually pays off later on once the battle opens up a little and there's more room to move with less consequences.

Yeah I may have been tilted since I may have gotten bad rng and all my games were stalemates with few damage opportunities to them instantly crashing so I had to chase but ironically I've been doing best in the most passive t10 tank - the shitbarn. 4.9k dpg session was a bit silly