Jump to content
Snoregasm2

279(e) Missions - Tips and Tank Choices / Guide - 2021

Recommended Posts

I see you recommend the Caern for the confederate missions but M53/55 with the small gun is a conferedate medal farmer. 2 games = 2 confederates.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

I see you recommend the Caern for the confederate missions but M53/55 with the small gun is a conferedate medal farmer. 2 games = 2 confederates.

I agree. Or the FV3805 with either of the first 2 guns.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus that alliance 1500 stun for 10 battles mission is a PITA. If your teams get steamrolled you get really punched in the dick in your progress here

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A couple things I can add

 

Alliance 8 - Destroy 30 internal modules/crew. 

I made the mistake of thinking FV4005 or T49 for this... no. Take your Chimera and shoot HE. Aim for the sides of turrets, commander hatches, engine decks etc. This was probably the easiest mission I had, took me roughly 6-7 games.

 

Any of the damage missions, Alliance 2 and 4 are the main ones if I remember correctly. I found this very easy to do with the T57 heavy, you have so much DPM and its an autoloader so you can pluck damage from nowhere. Highly recommended.

 

Alliance 15 was very easy with the T95, you will have games where you are too slow, but you only need 3 games where you just dominate.

Edited by PityFool
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PityFool said:

A couple things I can add

 

Alliance 8 - Destroy 30 internal modules/crew. 

I made the mistake of thinking FV4005 or T49 for this... no. Take your Chimera and shoot HE. Aim for the sides of turrets, commander hatches, engine decks etc. This was probably the easiest mission I had, took me roughly 6-7 games.

 

Any of the damage missions, Alliance 2 and 4 are the main ones if I remember correctly. I found this very easy to do with the T57 heavy, you have so much DPM and its an autoloader so you can pluck damage from nowhere. Highly recommended.

 

Alliance 15 was very easy with the T95, you will have games where you are too slow, but you only need 3 games where you just dominate.

Some good shouts, including some I had no idea on (Chimera, really? Might save me free xp-ing up to the FV). I'll add in and credit when I get a chance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Snoregasm2 said:

Some good shouts, including some I had no idea on (Chimera, really? Might save me free xp-ing up to the FV). I'll add in and credit when I get a chance.

Yea I spent about 2 days trying to do it with the FV or T49, I even tried arty. I didn't even get close. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PityFool said:

Yea I spent about 2 days trying to do it with the FV or T49, I even tried arty. I didn't even get close. 

I did it first try with the FV/T49 combo. Did it with honors in 8 games, finishing off in style with a full pen plus fire on a M41 90 for 5 crits…

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, sr360 said:

I did it first try with the FV/T49 combo. Did it with honors in 8 games, finishing off in style with a full pen plus fire on a M41 90 for 5 crits…

Yeah the same. Shitbarn makes it easy. 

Now I only need 2 ace missions plus that 2k avg block one. Did the other block one (highest block in team) but i dont have the t95 only the t28 so im grinding as t28 wont manage 2k block easy. Then I need to grind to the bulldoggy

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2021 at 2:11 PM, hazzgar said:

Jesus that alliance 1500 stun for 10 battles mission is a PITA. If your teams get steamrolled you get really punched in the dick in your progress here

Fv3805 with stock gun is probably the best bet for this.
Rate of fire and surprisingly high stun makes it very effective at it.
Mission is absolute aids still, failed it on first try yesterday, needed about 100 seconds more, but got 2 steamroll games where I died in less than 2 minutes.

Would probably have made it, if I didn't decide to experiment with the big gun, you live and learn, I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CandyVanMan said:

Fv3805 with stock gun is probably the best bet for this.
Rate of fire and surprisingly high stun makes it very effective at it.
Mission is absolute aids still, failed it on first try yesterday, needed about 100 seconds more, but got 2 steamroll games where I died in less than 2 minutes.

Would probably have made it, if I didn't decide to experiment with the big gun, you live and learn, I guess.

 

Yeah I know the FV is best but I already had the M53/55 and with the stock gun the gap between it and fv3805 is not that big. 

I failed the mission once with 1 mission to go but later have finished it. Then again I run bounty GLD on the m53/55 for extra cancer so it's relatively easy as with the stock gun, directives and food this arty is aiming waaaaay too fast. 

3 hours ago, PityFool said:

Interesting. I was getting full pens and only seeing 1-2 internal crits.

 

You were probably uber unlucky. A good pen on the FV is 4-5 crits. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any good German tanks for farming top guns, tier 7+?

I wasted 3 orders to get through the top gun missions for Chimera without becoming suicidal, but I should probably get them back now.
It was simply not worth sacrificing my mental health after having a lot of games with 5 kills where I got denied with literally a second left to secure the sixth.

I'm no longer chat banned, so maybe I can beg and plead like some fucking bum to make it a bit less cancer and aids baked into one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CandyVanMan said:

Are there any good German tanks for farming top guns, tier 7+?

I wasted 3 orders to get through the top gun missions for Chimera without becoming suicidal, but I should probably get them back now.
It was simply not worth sacrificing my mental health after having a lot of games with 5 kills where I got denied with literally a second left to secure the sixth.

I'm no longer chat banned, so maybe I can beg and plead like some fucking bum to make it a bit less cancer and aids baked into one.

EDIT: Before my comments - GET A NEW TANK for those extra 5 battles of good MM. Good MM for t7 = fighting t6 and t5 tanks = easy top guns. 

Depends on how scummy do you feel? If a lot then Chi-ri and kill steal. I know not german but Japanese and German are both Block. If less scummy than Tiger I. Tiger I is a top gun machine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CandyVanMan said:

Are there any good German tanks for farming top guns, tier 7+?

I wasted 3 orders to get through the top gun missions for Chimera without becoming suicidal, but I should probably get them back now.
It was simply not worth sacrificing my mental health after having a lot of games with 5 kills where I got denied with literally a second left to secure the sixth.

I'm no longer chat banned, so maybe I can beg and plead like some fucking bum to make it a bit less cancer and aids baked into one.

I'd honestly recommend the Wt auf Pz IV. I have 7 Top Guns in it and I think all 7 are since I played it for missions. I was averaging 2.22 kills in it, and the 560 alpha let's you finish off a lot of fairly high HP tanks that a 390 gun wouldn't, and it reloads about as fast as most 390 guns, which always surprises people.

Outside of that, low alpha (e.g. Kpz) doesn't work great, so I'd go either of the Leos (Pta worse tier for tier since nerf, but better MM, and both have 420 alpha) or the E 50. E 100 would be too slow / inconsistent.

For the main thread, i'll update the OP tonight. Some things to add:

  • Coalition recommended tanks
  • Alliance recommended tanks (Chimera)
  • Alliance missions
  • importance of map bans

It's a massive project, so appreciate the patience.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

EDIT: Before my comments - GET A NEW TANK for those extra 5 battles of good MM. Good MM for t7 = fighting t6 and t5 tanks = easy top guns. 

Depends on how scummy do you feel? If a lot then Chi-ri and kill steal. I know not german but Japanese and German are both Block. If less scummy than Tiger I. Tiger I is a top gun machine. 

Never played the Chi-Ri, but it's quite ugly, and I don't want to play an ugly tank.

Might buy back Tiger, I really loved it the last time I played with it, was just after the buff.
It's a tank I could keep around, maybe I could even be bothered with marking it.
Thanks for the tip, don't know why I didn't think of that.

@Snoregasm2 I'll probably play around with the Waffle a bit too, but I'm generally bad in tanks that can't be played aggro, but I really like the gun, and would like to make it work for me, do you have any good tips for playing the Waffle well?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, CandyVanMan said:

Never played the Chi-Ri, but it's quite ugly, and I don't want to play an ugly tank.

Might buy back Tiger, I really loved it the last time I played with it, was just after the buff.
It's a tank I could keep around, maybe I could even be bothered with marking it.
Thanks for the tip, don't know why I didn't think of that.

@Snoregasm2 I'll probably play around with the Waffle a bit too, but I'm generally bad in tanks that can't be played aggro, but I really like the gun, and would like to make it work for me, do you have any good tips for playing the Waffle well?

If you have a decent camo crew, that helps. Rammer, IRM, Optics (as you can't use vents or vstab). Use the camo directive as well - if you're like me, you have 100s you've never used. It has good camo values already, but the crew + camo directive + chocolate means you have basically light tank camo, and tier 9 does allow some vision abuse when top tier / end game.

Generally play it like a leo or other bitch sniping meds. Because your gun is 1) sooooo accurate, 2) has insane APCR pen and 3) great velocity, you can basically snipe / brute force your way through heavies front on, from the second line, which most bitch sniping meds can't. Make sure you follow the action safely but reasonably close, as your top speed limits your rotations if you time it wrong (the only downside to the tank is speed and sometimes fires).

Don't aim over the front, as you have almost no gun dep. Be mindful of that if dog fighting too - the worse is when you forget and have a 1 shot which you miss / can't aim down on because of it. You generally want to reverse or drive side ways to fire, due to better gun dep over side and being a very rear mounted gun. You profile is tiny when you reverse to shoot / use bushes, so you can get closer and chance quick shots this way (you have really good aim time).

Check some of my replays on Wotreplays if you like - i've definitely uploaded some from a month or two ago.

EDIT: I only have 3, but have more saved and can upload if needed. Not sure if they'll play from an older patch though:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5826235#airfield-snoregasm2-waffentr_ger_auf_pz_iv

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5821734#malinovka-snoregasm2-waffentr_ger_auf_pz_iv

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5818570#kharkov-snoregasm2-waffentr_ger_auf_pz_iv

Anything else give me a shout.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CandyVanMan said:

Never played the Chi-Ri, but it's quite ugly, and I don't want to play an ugly tank.

Might buy back Tiger, I really loved it the last time I played with it, was just after the buff.
It's a tank I could keep around, maybe I could even be bothered with marking it.
Thanks for the tip, don't know why I didn't think of that.

@Snoregasm2 I'll probably play around with the Waffle a bit too, but I'm generally bad in tanks that can't be played aggro, but I really like the gun, and would like to make it work for me, do you have any good tips for playing the Waffle well?

Do you want to do the missions fast or do you want to complain about tank looks? I'm powergrinding to tanks I don't want just to get it done fast instead of getting frustrated for a long time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hazzgar said:

Do you want to do the missions fast or do you want to complain about tank looks? I'm powergrinding to tanks I don't want just to get it done fast instead of getting frustrated for a long time. 

It was a joke.

I actually want to get the Tiger I back anyway, it's been on my buy back list for a long time now, and I don't have any spare crew for Japan.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I did the 279 missions last summer, so fairly close to the current meta. I did Coalition and Alliance as has been recommended here. Best skill tanks, best tanks for my skills. @sr360def helped me pick the tanks during the process. 

I cannot recall all of what I used, but I'll give my best guesses for some, and specifics when I do remember.

Coalition 1: Any autoloader. Pick your highest kills/game and use that one. I have a couple that average over 2. I probably did this while grinding credits in the Prog46 or similar. 

Coalition 2: AMX 50B was my choice here. BatChat25t is good also, but a little harder because you can't just trade like the 50B can. 

Coalition 3: I farm the hell out of confeds in the EBR 75 FL10, so I used that. This one took some number crunching because it had me stuck for a while. I had to manually compile some spreadsheet data, but once I found my tank and goal medal it was pretty easy.

Coalition 4: I used an order on this one. I don't own a Foch155. Prog65 with HE is probably viable, I had a friend @m0rierisuse that I believe, around the same time.

Coalition 5: Did this in the AMX 49 grinding credits. Any from the series work, as with all block missions you just need to find the idiots and f2pers and let them shoot you, and not kill them until they pen you twice, or switch to premium/HE.

Coalition 6: Probably didn't use anything in particular for this. I'm sure I used the AMX 13 57 for the Chimera tier, but probably just cycled the Bat12t and EBR 75FL10 for this mission. Possibly the AMX 13 90. As @Snoregasm2 said, this one is easy. Skoda 50 also a contender, since it's just a monster in tier. 

Coalition 7: Just use the tank you used for Coalition 1. 

Coalition 8: EBR 105 obviously

Coalition 9: Just like Coalition 6, it's a gimme. Spread your damage in autoloaders. I prefer the French over the autoreloaders because you can plan your clips more reliably. I may have used the Batchat 155 55 arty, the tier IX. It's extremely comfortable with a GLD, IRM, and rammer. Fast, full turret, 22s reload.  

Coalition 10: EBR105 or EBR90. Sometimes the EBR90 can be a bit easier to get reliable games in consecutive sequence - due to better MM, especially on NA. I kit my EBR90 with optics, vents and LNE, so it's extremely hard for anything except like a Manticore or T-100 built for vision to outspot. 1500 isn't a hard threshold to cross at tier 9, especially if you platoon with an M53/55 who is focused on your spotting runs.

Coalition 11: Same as missions #1 and #7. I would use a Bourrasque today. I probably used a Bat25t, Somua SM or Skoda 50 historically. 

Coalition 12: Same as Coalition 10, EBR 105 or 90. 

Coalition 13: Strv S1 can be nice for this, but I probably did it in the Bat 155 55. 

Coalition 14: I almost certainly used the Somua for this because it's a gimme in tier 8MM and pretty solid in 9s and 10s. On NA 3/5 is probably about how often you see top tier MM in the Somua. Prog 46 plays up well also, I've just always been better in the French HTs than the Italian MTs. Skoda 50 always an option if it works for you. 

Coalition 15: Bat12t all the way here. Low low low requirements. Fairly shitty gun. I built it with CVS, vents, and optics to maximize it's scouting upside to get those Aces - honors on this really made finishing easier. It's kind of a crappy tank! It catches fire, loses it's engine, is very badly outclassed by the EBRs and doesn't have a large clip. Plus the pen is low and the gun handles poorly (especially without vstab!). BUT - it's still easy to make an impact with good scouting, and judicious deployment of the clip. The things that make it crappy make it easier for me to Ace. I just decided to 3 mark it and keep resetting the mission while doing so. Got 3 Aces in like 12 games or something. 

 

Alliance 1: DPG > Tank HP? Use that. I probably used the T57 Heavy for this because it's not too hard to do 6 pens in it. 

Alliance 2: Chieftain of course. Also...T57, again for the cheese and damage farm factor. You best be running a lot of HEAT and picking on the fatties.

Alliance 3: T49 of course. No better gun for tracking people in the open. Massive view range, great MM. Bring a platoonmate equipped to snipe out EBRs and you're golden. Plus you'll have fun. If you're not a good T49 player - my obvious advice is to become one. Barring that the Manticore is pretty easy to play- build with CVS, Vents, Optics for massive VR and just kemp boosh. You can easily get 7-8 assisted kills on a good map, so reset until you get a huge game, and then play it out. You only need 2-3 good maps in the 10 streak.

Alliance 4: Chieftain, T57. If you average 3k in it, use it. 

Alliance 5: Covered well in this topic. I used the 3805 with the small gun. Click like the shitlord you are!

Alliance 6: A gimme in the 3805 as well. Just count to 6 but don't stop there. Why not stun 11 or 12 of the enemy that game?!?!? Senlac is also something I probably used, simply because it's profitable, and easy to play, and my thing. 

Alliance 7: T95, Tort. I think I was closer on the T95 line, so I blueprinted that one first. Same tactics as always with block missions. Avoid arty, find idiots, eliminate threats (people who demonstrate knowledge of weak points or good aim, HE users). 

Alliance 8: T49 of course. Sheriderp too. You can use the 4005, 183, Conway 5.5, E3 HE edition, E4, etc. But the T49 is the best, because when you get those soft booties you get so many modules. Easy to get 10+ in a single game. I have this recollectionof getting 13-14 crits in a Cliff game to start the timer. 

Alliance 9: 3805 or 53/55 of course. I believe I skipped this ONLY for expediency because of the orders obtained from Coalition 15. I may have since done it for bond rewards - it's easy!

Alliance 10: More arty missions. Honestly you can knock out the Alliance arty missions in like a week of playing arty and be done with them. 

Alliance 11: So...arty. Obviously platoons here help a lot. Buddy up with someone with a mic and the ability to play on the front lines, preferably in an autoloader. Call your targets, or wait for them to call for you. You can do this in the first 2-3 shots of the game!

Alliance 12: T95 or Tort. Block  missions are so dumb. 

Alliance 13: I frankly cannot recall if I did this soloing the Chieftain or with a platoon feeding me in the T49 (as recommended above, get a friend in a WaffleIV and spot for them to rack up easy XP). T49 has the advantage of just dominating that clean-up with pens that yield big XP. Plus even though tracking and spotting don't overlap in their contribution to gun marks - they DO give you additive XP! So track that Maus and let your team feed on him! But I probably just did it solo in the Chief because you just get that tier 8 or 9 MM and faceroll to top XP, and then repeat. 

Alliance 14: Arty for easy mode. T49 for fun mode (all your shots do damage!). Quick mission. 

Alliance 15: T49 of course for me - I did it with Ace + 1st class combo from the first reset. Again - if you're not a T49 expert, become one for your mental health. But barring that using the same strategy as the Coalition probably works. Tier 8 tech tree LT (M41 or LHMTV), built for vision, platooned if you can, and waiting on that map streak. 400 base VR on the Bulldog means you can build for >500 on the move View Range with the CVS ripping them bushes - and this will let you cheese some Aces/1sts on the right maps. You can build for CVS + binos also for maximum cheese. YMMV with scouting ability. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another good idea, just play a shitter tier 8 to get 3 ace tanks. I decided to buy back TVP TVU, put food, bounty stab, that reload perk thing and my skoda T50 crew on it (5.3 sec rld with 240 dmg, nice).

First streak of 20 games, 2 ace tanker (and like 5 1e class...) second try i only needed 9 games to get 3 ace tanks (and got like 4 1e class also) i got good mm / teams, but i went rly smooth

1639 exp was my lowest ace, and thats with prem, so just over 1k base exp = ACE...

All i now need is finish excalibur 15 with honors, to get my last needed token, and that is just a grind one, so no pressure whatsoever, so i will just play tanks and like and try get the honors for bonds, i dont need it for the tank itself (im thinking of Pershing (T32 is easier, but dont like it much) T44, and i will finish in style, with KT, Panther II should be easier, but i hated my Panther 88, so no :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

Another good idea, just play a shitter tier 8 to get 3 ace tanks. I decided to buy back TVP TVU, put food, bounty stab, that reload perk thing and my skoda T50 crew on it (5.3 sec rld with 240 dmg, nice).

First streak of 20 games, 2 ace tanker (and like 5 1e class...) second try i only needed 9 games to get 3 ace tanks (and got like 4 1e class also) i got good mm / teams, but i went rly smooth

1639 exp was my lowest ace, and thats with prem, so just over 1k base exp = ACE...

All i now need is finish excalibur 15 with honors, to get my last needed token, and that is just a grind one, so no pressure whatsoever, so i will just play tanks and like and try get the honors for bonds, i dont need it for the tank itself (im thinking of Pershing (T32 is easier, but dont like it much) T44, and i will finish in style, with KT, Panther II should be easier, but i hated my Panther 88, so no :P

 

You don't need a shit tank. Just a tank pubbies are shit at. Pershing is maybe not meta and a bit sub par but it's not shit yet it's probably in the top5 lowest ace tanker reqs for t8. 

 

Btw. Surprised how hard it is to get huge bounce games on EU. Had to play like a complete moron in t95 to make people shoot me and its only possible if you get spotted where 750 alpha tds can shoot you from like 200+m. 

 

btw. We're close to the same. I need 2 alliance missions + 1 blocked excalibur for germans. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

 

You don't need a shit tank. Just a tank pubbies are shit at. Pershing is maybe not meta and a bit sub par but it's not shit yet it's probably in the top5 lowest ace tanker reqs for t8. 

 

Btw. Surprised how hard it is to get huge bounce games on EU. Had to play like a complete moron in t95 to make people shoot me and its only possible if you get spotted where 750 alpha tds can shoot you from like 200+m. 

 

btw. We're close to the same. I need 2 alliance missions + 1 blocked excalibur for germans. 

I mostly mean that, low floor / high ceiling (or low ceiling, doesnt even matter actually) tanks are what you want, I got 3x 1e class in 9 7 games with Patton 46 kr (the ugly one) so finished US and got 2 tokens now

Yeah, bouncing is annoying, if ppl dont shoot you in the first place, it wont work (hence i used 112, ppl will shoot that one atleast)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I'm finding Bloc-2 (4 Shellproofs in 10 games) INCREDIBLY difficult. You need to:

1. Do it 4 times in 10 (rather than like 2 in 5, like other missions).

2. Get people to actually shoot you. So many shots, including not damaging HE, don't count, which is bullshit.

3. And, last but not least, Shellproof means you need to SURVIVE. So you need to basically win half your battles, without dying, and getting shot enough to get it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Snoregasm2 said:

Yeah I'm finding Bloc-2 (4 Shellproofs in 10 games) INCREDIBLY difficult. You need to:

1. Do it 4 times in 10 (rather than like 2 in 5, like other missions).

2. Get people to actually shoot you. So many shots, including not damaging HE, don't count, which is bullshit.

3. And, last but not least, Shellproof means you need to SURVIVE. So you need to basically win half your battles, without dying, and getting shot enough to get it. 

Yeah, its also a hard mission, however you dont need to be consistent, you need 4 highs and rest doesnt matter, hence why i would recommend VK-B, you either stomp, or get stomped, and unlike a T95 or 705a, ppl will actually try to fight you, you still need to survive though, so its still annoying (resetting till you get it means its 3/9, or 1/3 of your games, that also makes it a tiny bit easier

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

Yeah, its also a hard mission, however you dont need to be consistent, you need 4 highs and rest doesnt matter, hence why i would recommend VK-B, you either stomp, or get stomped, and unlike a T95 or 705a, ppl will actually try to fight you, you still need to survive though, so its still annoying (resetting till you get it means its 3/9, or 1/3 of your games, that also makes it a tiny bit easier

Yeah I've been trying the tier 8, but maybe I should just buy the tier 9. Or skip.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...