Snoregasm2

279(e) Missions - Tips and Tank Choices / Guide - 2021

8 minutes ago, Snoregasm2 said:

Yeah I've been trying the tier 8, but maybe I should just buy the tier 9. Or skip.

For german i skip the scout one, and the either the high caliber or that bounce one, its just very annoying and if your not lucky you will not a lot of resets (and tries)

(i did the bounce one (due to luck actually quite fast) so will skip the high caliber)

27 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

For german i skip the scout one, and the either the high caliber or that bounce one, its just very annoying and if your not lucky you will not a lot of resets (and tries)

(i did the bounce one (due to luck actually quite fast) so will skip the high caliber)

Mate do the High Caliber - it was very easy with the Wt auf Pz IV. I reckon any of the paper TDs (Borsig, Skorpian) would also work. You have 20 games, and in reality it's 3 in 19 if you keep resetting.

I'd rather skip the block or scouting tbh.

3 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

Yeah, its also a hard mission, however you dont need to be consistent, you need 4 highs and rest doesnt matter, hence why i would recommend VK-B, you either stomp, or get stomped, and unlike a T95 or 705a, ppl will actually try to fight you, you still need to survive though, so its still annoying (resetting till you get it means its 3/9, or 1/3 of your games, that also makes it a tiny bit easier

Tht not the VK1001p?

6 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Tht not the VK1001p?

The t8 has more chance of getting shafted by mm / less top tier games, VK-B can do it on any map, as long as your top tier and there is not 3 arty (Steppes, Ensk, overlord, map doesnt matter)

That is imo for a mission like this really usefull (just dont play late evening, lots of arty, that will make it next to impossible)

1 hour ago, Snoregasm2 said:

Mate do the High Caliber - it was very easy with the Wt auf Pz IV. I reckon any of the paper TDs (Borsig, Skorpian) would also work. You have 20 games, and in reality it's 3 in 19 if you keep resetting.

I'd rather skip the block or scouting tbh.

Well, i dont need to do it, i only need german excalibur (get 2 medals in 1 game) so i just need to play some E50 or Tiger, i dont wanna skip the remaining mission yet, in case i miscounted, then its gonna be painfull :P

1 hour ago, GehakteMolen said:

The t8 has more chance of getting shafted by mm / less top tier games, VK-B can do it on any map, as long as your top tier and there is not 3 arty (Steppes, Ensk, overlord, map doesnt matter)

That is imo for a mission like this really usefull (just dont play late evening, lots of arty, that will make it next to impossible)

Well, i dont need to do it, i only need german excalibur (get 2 medals in 1 game) so i just need to play some E50 or Tiger, i dont wanna skip the remaining mission yet, in case i miscounted, then its gonna be painfull :P

Depends on the hour you play but if you get in a t8 heavy hour its auto ace but overall i agree

Alliance 13 is killing me. Mostly because I play solo and because I don't have an alliance med for t8-t9. Was doing it in a renegade since it's a high avg exp tank but every 3rd battle is either a loss or the enemy team does something inredibly stupid like all drive to a place where only noobs drive and some tomato plus some arty get a silly amount of kills. Was thinking about doing it in the chimera but the rof is too low for kill stealing. 

Btw. For people struggling with the Critical hits mission - full pens that result in kills in the FV4005 seem to give more crits than full pens that don't kill. So focus on those. 

6 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Alliance 13 is killing me. Mostly because I play solo and because I don't have an alliance med for t8-t9. Was doing it in a renegade since it's a high avg exp tank but every 3rd battle is either a loss or the enemy team does something inredibly stupid like all drive to a place where only noobs drive and some tomato plus some arty get a silly amount of kills. Was thinking about doing it in the chimera but the rof is too low for kill stealing. 

Btw. For people struggling with the Critical hits mission - full pens that result in kills in the FV4005 seem to give more crits than full pens that don't kill. So focus on those. 

Sort your in game stats by average XP per game, and pick the Alliance tank T8-10 that is among the highest. Usually it's one that has a good WR too.

6 hours ago, sr360 said:

Sort your in game stats by average XP per game, and pick the Alliance tank T8-10 that is among the highest. Usually it's one that has a good WR too.

Yeah I wanted to do it in the renegade because of the high AVG exp per battle but i ended 4th a couple battles in a row. AE PHase I did the trick.

Any tips for bulldog setup for Alliance 15 with honors? Getting 1st classes but aces are rare since the tank is garbage.

47 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Any tips for bulldog setup for Alliance 15 with honors? Getting 1st classes but aces are rare since the tank is garbage.

Can't help much on the bulldog, but have you tried the Pershing? Suspect it's out of meta enough to have achievable aces, yet with view range and apcr I found it pretty consistent and dependable.

2 hours ago, hazzgar said:

I'd try CVS/optics/LNES or CVS/optics/vents and go full scout. Screw DPM, that extra shot won't matter as much as the extra spotting. Bounty equipment preferred.

11 hours ago, sr360 said:

I'd try CVS/optics/LNES or CVS/optics/vents and go full scout. Screw DPM, that extra shot won't matter as much as the extra spotting. Bounty equipment preferred.

So far not working but not using bounty equipment. 1/10 ace. Even with low noise thing the tank gets spoted too easily. Though maybe it's just bad luck as I'm at 37% WR for that session... Was tempted to go for a damage build and simply kill steal. Will try if there are no aces post 20 games

12 hours ago, Ezz said:

Can't help much on the bulldog, but have you tried the Pershing? Suspect it's out of meta enough to have achievable aces, yet with view range and apcr I found it pretty consistent and dependable.

Didn't want to spend money on another t8 tank but it's my 2nd choice. 

3 hours ago, hazzgar said:

So far not working but not using bounty equipment. 1/10 ace. Even with low noise thing the tank gets spoted too easily. Though maybe it's just bad luck as I'm at 37% WR for that session... Was tempted to go for a damage build and simply kill steal. Will try if there are no aces post 20 games

Didn't want to spend money on another t8 tank but it's my 2nd choice. 

Noticed T69 has ridiculously low reqs for aces, might be worth it with turbo and full HEAT spam.
Just kill steal and play like a cunt.

29 minutes ago, CandyVanMan said:

The usual then? :kappa:

5 hours ago, CandyVanMan said:

Noticed T69 has ridiculously low reqs for aces, might be worth it with turbo and full HEAT spam.

Did it in the bulldog. After crying 2/3 games were aces. I just had bad teams. Bulldog is the way to go. 4k combined with 3 kills = ace. 

Now Chimera Union 15 with honors either in the 705 or I grind till I can get the 705a and do it in that.

Im still stuck on ``get 2 epic medals in 1 game``

This excalibur 15 mission rly suk dik, but i also dont wanna reset it now, to try 4x high caliber, given i alrdy did it once (need 3x)

Perhaps another try with t6, but mweah...

58 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

This excalibur 15 mission rly suk dik, but i also dont wanna reset it now, to try 4x high caliber, given i alrdy did it once (need 3x)

SCOUTING MISSIONS. Seriously. Get a good scout. Either patrol duty + that other scout medal or 1 scout medal + confederate.

1 hour ago, GehakteMolen said:

12 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

SCOUTING MISSIONS. Seriously. Get a good scout. Either patrol duty + that other scout medal or 1 scout medal + confederate.

Yes, or Orlik's + another scout medal, or Pascucci's plus another scout medal. For Coalition 13 57 is a beast.

For block, E-25 is also an option for block since it mints confederates/high calibers/tank snipers/top guns

I'm going to kill the IS3A cunt that pushed me out because "my spot" in the only battle I could have done union 15 in my 705. FFS. I would literally slap him with a shovel then force him to dig his own grave. FFS. This mission used to be so easy ffs. 

10 hours ago, hazzgar said:

I'm going to kill the IS3A cunt that pushed me out because "my spot" in the only battle I could have done union 15 in my 705. FFS. I would literally slap him with a shovel then force him to dig his own grave. FFS. This mission used to be so easy ffs. 

You shouldn't have taken HIS spot m8.
He's been playing that exact spot for years, it's his birthright.

3 hours ago, CandyVanMan said:

You shouldn't have taken HIS spot m8.
He's been playing that exact spot for years, it's his birthright.

I'm a snitch right now because I noticed WG responds to replays with good description and I think I've got 14 people 7 day bans this month either for arty drowning or pushing. Makes me a happy guy.

Also 705a is only 6k exp from me. NOw to grind some cash and I hope the mission will be done soon. 

On 5/20/2021 at 3:31 PM, GehakteMolen said:

This is incredibly easy in the T-50-2, Type 64 or other mid tier LT. There's so many more epic medals available to scouts - patrol duty and scout to start. Arty kills easy to force. Confeds also easy to force when you're fast and invisible. The competition is blind, unskilled and there's a dozen+ maps where it's likely to happen.

I was helping someone with LT missions this week and double epic medaled 4-5 times in 19 games. And that was primarily with EVEN90 vision cheese (CVS, binos, turbo) and T-100 boosh kemp (CVS, binos, optics)

23 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

This is incredibly easy in the T-50-2, Type 64 or other mid tier LT. There's so many more epic medals available to scouts - patrol duty and scout to start. Arty kills easy to force. Confeds also easy to force when you're fast and invisible. The competition is blind, unskilled and there's a dozen+ maps where it's likely to happen.

I was helping someone with LT missions this week and double epic medaled 4-5 times in 19 games. And that was primarily with EVEN90 vision cheese (CVS, binos, turbo) and T-100 boosh kemp (CVS, binos, optics)

problem is, i need to do it with german / japan

And they dont have any good middle tier light tank :P

1 minute ago, GehakteMolen said:

problem is, i need to do it with german / japan

And they dont have any good middle tier light tank :P

E-25 with binos will work! Or put a turbo on the VK2801 and ram kill some arties.