PlanetaryGenocide

T-50-2 Anniversary Gift Edition

I'm fuckin zoomin boys and girls

unknown.png

This isn't 100% going to be my final setup as my crew still needs work but this goes 69 kmh on flat ground and turns so fast you flip your shit.  It's basically a tier 6 EBR sans HE bullshit and if you liked this tank in its original form you should try this

Thanks in advance

Looks pretty meme. I usually just tryhard it with the 470+ VR setup and it's pretty zoomy without oil, turbo or gas. But i can't disagree with what you're doing here.

I honestly don't even really play it for its scouting capabilities - my viewrange in the thing is total shit, probably barely hits 400m.  But it's fast enough to get to weird locations to stop up an enemy advance early game, and the hitpoint pool is just high enough at top tier that you can tank a couple of shots from things that aren't KV-2s

Plus, with the manueverability, it's surprisingly workable as an active scout in the smaller maps like widepark and province:

unknown.png

literally the easiest game of my life just drive back and forth lmao

I'll note that I did try a speed governor over the oil but neither of them actually affect top speed that I'm aware of - it's just hp/t at that point and hp/t is ridiculous enough without having to also deal with managing your speed governor on top of that.  I don't think I'd drop medkit for food until I have jack of all trades or whatever that commander skill is called and I refuse to drop the gas.

tl;dr speed governor is annoying just use gas.  I also recently found out that there's gonna be a bond turbocharger soon and I'm almost certainly going to put it on this thing

can try this build, but u can go faster, removed speed governer gives another 10% more hp :P

(or is that no longer available)

ps: u can also use 2 type of gasoline i think, premium and normal? or put food, for better mobility

3 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

can try this build, but u can go faster, removed speed governer gives another 10% more hp :P

(or is that no longer available)

ps: u can also use 2 type of gasoline i think, premium and normal? or put food, for better mobility

I mentioned in my last post that speed governor does nothing for me - too much micromanagement on a drive-intensive tank for a measly 5% gain that doesn't affect your top speed.

For the gas, that only works for American tanks - Lend-lease oil is the only gas Soviets have.  You use the speed governor for the bigger boost.  I thought about putting in food instead of gas but i don't think it's really worth it at this tier, and it's not worth dropping one of the other consumables for it.

Really the only change i've made since the OP is dropping vents for optics.

38 minutes ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

I mentioned in my last post that speed governor does nothing for me - too much micromanagement on a drive-intensive tank for a measly 5% gain that doesn't affect your top speed.

For the gas, that only works for American tanks - Lend-lease oil is the only gas Soviets have.  You use the speed governor for the bigger boost.  I thought about putting in food instead of gas but i don't think it's really worth it at this tier, and it's not worth dropping one of the other consumables for it.

Really the only change i've made since the OP is dropping vents for optics.

u can run speed governer for like 3-4 mins before engine breaks though (atleast when it was t5) perhaps this is changed though, oh, only 1 kind of oil, too bad

13 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

u can run speed governer for like 3-4 mins before engine breaks though (atleast when it was t5) perhaps this is changed though, oh, only 1 kind of oil, too bad

Back in the day we ran speed governor+cyclone filter and ran it for the full match without breaking the engine.

I guess I should run more tests on the speed governor, but since it doesn't actually increase top speed and this thing is already very good at maintaining speed on all types of terrain, I'm not really sure it's necessary.

I forgot the cyclone filter was a thing though lmao.

Anyways, I was playing a quick match this morning before my daily standup meeting and I absolutely confused the shit out of an AMD 178B:

https://gfycat.com/immensescientificcoral

I kind of wanted to shoot just to smug at him before he died but I didn't have the HP to spare for it

Ok so while the T-50-2 is still really fun, turns out the LTTB is just a better version of it lmao.  The gun is much more comfortable and punchy.  I'm currently using sr360's stealth fighter build on it but I do plan to try the zoom zoom build at some point

57 minutes ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

Ok so while the T-50-2 is still really fun, turns out the LTTB is just a better version of it lmao.  The gun is much more comfortable and punchy.  I'm currently using sr360's stealth fighter build on it but I do plan to try the zoom zoom build at some point

Wait a minute....

6 hours ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

Just to be clear, @CraBeatOff created it, I named it. I just happen to have done two particularly effective three mark runs in it and am closing in on a 3rd.

11 hours ago, sr360 said:

Just to be clear, @CraBeatOff created it, I named it. I just happen to have done two particularly effective three mark runs in it and am closing in on a 3rd.

Fair enough, I just saw your name for it so I called it "sr360s" lmao sorry crab

Also turns out i put the CVS and not the LNES in the vision slot on my T49 so it's a bit off, but still effective.

Anyways, LTTB is a blast and it shares mostly the same crew layout as the T-50-2 so I can even use the same crew, just switching around Sit awareness to the loader