I dont like it. I think the idea is... just dumb.

They aren't fixing core issues that would make the game better. they're just adding layers upon layers of baggage on top of it until it gets smothered IMO. 

I think its similar to the proposed crew system. Its just... too over bloated and complicated. 

I dont know how to explain it, I just think... the core game should stay as it is. Changes and additions to the game of this type I think should be in areas that don't change the core gameplay.  For example equipment 2.0, that's something that actually was implemented well. It added more options and customisation without changing or introducing entirely new game mechanics. 

And all those MMO style functions that are "You get X bonus in return for Y Penalty" I think are just... unneeded. Reading that list that Sr360 posted I think I'd probably just leave everything as "standard" on all my tanks.

the only good idea in my opinion is changing equipment loadouts, but even then I think it'd only be really useful for light tanks and maybe SOME heavies and TD's. I cant see why I'd need to change any of my Mediums or heaviums equipment loadouts except in some extremely specific circumstances. 

I dunno, maybe Im just being too "eewww change I don't like change" about it. 

I dunno, maybe Im just being too "eewww change I don't like change" about it. 

No, this whole thing is junk. WG is too scared to actually do anything controversial, so to keep the fish biting they just keep throwing more and more convoluted gimmicks into the game.

2 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

I dont know how to explain it, I just think... the core game should stay as it is. Changes and additions to the game of this type I think should be in areas that don't change the core gameplay.  For example equipment 2.0, that's something that actually was implemented well. It added more options and customisation without changing or introducing entirely new game mechanics. 

100% This. The game is fun. Equipment 2.0 worked because it wasn't really 2.0. It was new pieces of equipment + a special boost slot. It was more like equipment 1.1. The same should happen to the crew. 

This just happens because big moves like that look better in big corporate structures than smaller pragmatic work. I'm a TV programme manager right now and I get bigger results just from getting good content and small changes to what works at what time than big splashy marketing campaign but the focus is on that and then we cry another one of those didn't work and why when people watch our channels 10-17... It's the same. Employees, especially managers looking for ways to impress their higher ups instead of really benefiting the product and the company. 

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/field-modification-reaction/

Field Modification: Sandbox Results

We would like to thank you for your active participation in the Sandbox of Field Modification. Your endless enthusiasm and engagement enabled us to collect valuable in-game statistics and understand how you interact with this new game mechanic. At the same time, the feedback you shared with us through the survey, forums, and social media helped us understand how you feel about the feature and the areas of improvement. Now that the dust on the Sandbox battlefields has settled, it is time for us to outline our next steps. 

Preliminary Results 

Preliminary results from the sandbox survey show us that over 75% of participants liked the key mechanics of Field Modification and were positive about the addition of this feature into the main game. In particular, players generally appreciated the new opportunity to fine-tune their favorite vehicles to their personal playstyle. 

This 70%ish aproval rate for shitty ideas seem to become a WG meme at this point.

17 hours ago, hall0 said:

This 70%ish aproval rate for shitty ideas seem to become a WG meme at this point.

It depends on how they phrase the question. What matters is if the approval is lower or higher than other questions they asked about sandbox stuff. 

On 6/29/2021 at 4:17 AM, hall0 said:

:eww: does this mean they're gonna put it in? Fuck sakes.

Fuck it, I'm actually a fan of field modifications, increased meme potential.

They also said they would look into removing the standard modifications (the flat bonuses for just grinding level), which was the most negative aspect of it, that and 50% camo Borat.

On 7/1/2021 at 8:52 AM, CandyVanMan said:

Fuck it, I'm actually a fan of field modifications, increased meme potential.

They also said they would look into removing the standard modifications (the flat bonuses for just grinding level), which was the most negative aspect of it, that and 50% camo Borat.

If they go with it stupid camo builds may become meta for many good players. 

17 hours ago, hazzgar said:

If they go with it stupid camo builds may become meta for many good players. 

You mean stupider than the camo builds Crab and I are making with bounty LNES?

5 hours ago, sr360 said:

You mean stupider than the camo builds Crab and I are making with bounty LNES?

Yes because with those changes you can probably create those camo values for even more tanks. 

Also I forgot about bounty LNES. Need to get the improved pass. 

3 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Yes because with those changes you can probably create those camo values for even more tanks. 

Also I forgot about bounty LNES. Need to get the improved pass. 

Bounty LNES is great because you can keep CVS slotted for the bonus waxing while keeping camo high. 41% Bourrasque is pretty fun too.

20 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

Bounty LNES is great because you can keep CVS slotted for the bonus waxing while keeping camo high. 41% Bourrasque is pretty fun too.

I'm still wondering if I should maximize gun or go your way while 3 marking the BC25AP. The reqs are silly low so it will probably happen without issues but I am a bit afraid the garbage gun stats need help on this tank

3 hours ago, hazzgar said:

I'm still wondering if I should maximize gun or go your way while 3 marking the BC25AP. The reqs are silly low so it will probably happen without issues but I am a bit afraid the garbage gun stats need help on this tank

I've recently 3 marked it (silly low reqs) and tried out two configs. I don't think it does well with a full stealth build. It frankly falls between the 13 90 and Char4 but is worse than either. The low module hp and bloooooomy gun plus sorta meh VR and acceleration make it more of a pain than i favor.

Config 1 was just a VR build - the classic autoloader optics vents vstab. It's probably the most comfortable and balanced. When the LTs die or aren't in your MM you can do vision work. Otherwise just the usually kite-y bitchy MT plays and trading with big clip. It works.

I've run an LNE optics vents build also. It's fun but the gun is a pain. More than enough to mark and be effective but lots of time spent making the gun work

I plan not to make the BatAP a 500+ game tank though. The 13 90 and Char4 are simply more effective and more fun.

4 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

I've recently 3 marked it (silly low reqs) and tried out two configs. I don't think it does well with a full stealth build. It frankly falls between the 13 90 and Char4 but is worse than either. The low module hp and bloooooomy gun plus sorta meh VR and acceleration make it more of a pain than i favor.

Config 1 was just a VR build - the classic autoloader optics vents vstab. It's probably the most comfortable and balanced. When the LTs die or aren't in your MM you can do vision work. Otherwise just the usually kite-y bitchy MT plays and trading with big clip. It works.

I've run an LNE optics vents build also. It's fun but the gun is a pain. More than enough to mark and be effective but lots of time spent making the gun work

I plan not to make the BatAP a 500+ game tank though. The 13 90 and Char4 are simply more effective and more fun.

You 500+ game the Char and 13 90? Didn't know they are as fun. I played the 13 90 before the new equipment and I still didn't play 1 battle in my char.  

Tempted to do a full stealth bitch build on t34-2 with 390 alpha tho. 

1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

You 500+ game the Char and 13 90? Didn't know they are as fun. I played the 13 90 before the new equipment and I still didn't play 1 battle in my char.  

Tempted to do a full stealth bitch build on t34-2 with 390 alpha tho. 

I will play 500 in the Char. 13 90 passed it long ago but I've had that tank for almost 9 years 🙂

12 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

I will play 500 in the Char. 13 90 passed it long ago but I've had that tank for almost 9 years 🙂

You like the Char so much? Full stealth build? I'm out of vert stabs so I didn't play mine but I guess you are suggesting I should

26 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

You like the Char so much? Full stealth build? I'm out of vert stabs so I didn't play mine but I guess you are suggesting I should

Built for VR but needs a vstab. Classic autoloader - vstab, vents, optics. I used all bonded. It's more scavengey - less spotting. Akin to a Bat25t minus the burst - but great gun for picking off LTs and then has enough camo to move about the maps. 2800 dmg + 1300 spotting

2 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

Built for VR but needs a vstab. Classic autoloader - vstab, vents, optics. I used all bonded. It's more scavengey - less spotting. Akin to a Bat25t minus the burst - but great gun for picking off LTs and then has enough camo to move about the maps. 2800 dmg + 1300 spotting

Damn. That is my PTA dmg but without the spot. Need to try it once ranked is done.

Bummed about new map test thing being closed as I was curious about testing if 3 marks are counted on them because if they are this is abusable for some fun results.

Just in case you did not notice. Field Modifications made it to the second iteration of the testserver. Yes Testserver not Sandbox. 
When the whole community is discussing Crew 2.0 or new CZ heavies they just added this to the game. 

And what did change you may ask. Well nothing as far as i can tell. What you saw on the supertest you will see on the testserver. Maybe some buffs here and there did change but it is the same system. 
After you elited your tank you will get bonuses with every level. Usually engine power, more hitpoints, better gun handling etc. 
Every Heavy I tested has the option to take either the mobility or dmg slot. Say hello to turbo Obj 277/260s. All timings you are used to know are now gone.
Lights  also get an option for a mobility slot. If you can´t beat the wheelies turn your tank into a wheely. 10% extra engine power on a LT100 is quite nice, but I dont think it is worth it to sacrifice other things? Don´t think so. Maybe for some meme builds in the second equipment option slot. 

Field Modifications is going live in 1.14, which hits EU/RU on 14th August and NA soon after.

EDIT: 

ASIA: August 9
NA: August 10
EU: August 11
RU: August 11

after reading a bit more about it, its not that bad, its mostly just another grind, however, how many ppl are still grinding stuff?

Many ppl are done with missions, got all tanks unlocked, and are thus playing for what? MOE, if there is 1 thing rage inducting its grinding marks...

It's really neat being able to swap out the 'stealth build' for a 'streetfighter build' when you get a city map in a light.

So Field Mods is a change I approve of!

3 minutes ago, Gryphon_ said:

It's really neat being able to swap out the 'stealth build' for a 'streetfighter build' when you get a city map in a light.

So Field Mods is a change I approve of!

I spent the day just romping in the Bourrasque and T49. Even maps that sorta suck for spots aren't too bad when you go full gun.

On 8/11/2021 at 3:14 AM, CraBeatOff said:

I spent the day just romping in the Bourrasque and T49. Even maps that sorta suck for spots aren't too bad when you go full gun.

What's the/your scout setup for the Bourrasque? On the LTs I run CVS, Exhaust, Optics.

19 minutes ago, InconnuGlitterBoy said:

What's the/your scout setup for the Bourrasque? On the LTs I run CVS, Exhaust, Optics.

We run bond optics, CVS (in scouting slot) and bounty exhaust