5 hours ago, InconnuGlitterBoy said:

What's the/your scout setup for the Bourrasque? On the LTs I run CVS, Exhaust, Optics.

Same on the Bourrasque. Gets a vision slot now. And 3% more camo fr field modifications. A tier 9 LT with tier 8 MM.

Still bummed I can't put a CVS on my WZ120 TD since with new modifications and that equipment it would be so much fun

Launched the game to check out this field modifications thingy.

I truly regret having checked "accelerated crew training" on most of my 10s -.-

I also found the dual modification things you buy with credits to be somewhat useless, the trade-off in some cases is just not worth it (for both options).

Maybe on some tanks you can get away with it (50% extra reload penalty from being ammoracked on a tank that does barely get ammoracked once in 50 games seems legit) but in most cases the debuffs are too much to bear (for me anyway).

With that being said, I like the option to switch loadouts, think of a full vision t49 on ensk, where you can switch to a full handling build and maybe have a few more HEAT rounds, or an e50/m46 top tier against tier 7s where you don't need 50+ apcr rounds.

As of now, the only tanks I have unlocked all the modifications on are some prems, I went with a "top tier" loadout of mostly standard ammo and a "tryhard" loadout with either zero or 1-2 standard shells, equipment stayed pretty much the same apart from some lights (scout build and damaj farm build).

I'll dick around with it a bit more next week.

Also, the secondary boosted slot choices are awful. Thank God vents are universal.

3 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Also, the secondary boosted slot choices are awful. Thank God vents are universal.

Depends on the tank. They’re super strong in some cases, eg a boosted CVS on a Bourrasque or Bat-chat, or a boosted Vert stab on a 13 90/105, boosted rammer on an EBR or a boosted turbo on a fast heavy such as Chieftain or Vz

5 hours ago, sr360 said:

Depends on the tank. They’re super strong in some cases, eg a boosted CVS on a Bourrasque or Bat-chat, or a boosted Vert stab on a 13 90/105, boosted rammer on an EBR or a boosted turbo on a fast heavy such as Chieftain or Vz

Having not ground enough to unlock any of the second boosted equipment slots, does there appear to be any particular pattern or rationale behind what you get as the second boosted slot, or is it just a random lottery? This, along with the second equipment loadout, seem like the best parts of Field Modifications by a long margin, plus I suppose some of those passive boosts that you get for the base levels (some of which, like % HP boost, are actually pretty darned good).

18 hours ago, sr360 said:

I'm a bit bummed non vision/ full gun handling build seems to work better for me in the Borat. Tempted to try a vision build with the modifications though. 

20 hours ago, Balthazars said:

Having not ground enough to unlock any of the second boosted equipment slots, does there appear to be any particular pattern or rationale behind what you get as the second boosted slot, or is it just a random lottery? This, along with the second equipment loadout, seem like the best parts of Field Modifications by a long margin, plus I suppose some of those passive boosts that you get for the base levels (some of which, like % HP boost, are actually pretty darned good).

It depends on the class of the tank. You get 2 options, both of which are different from the primary slot. The LTs get mobility and firepower as options. Mediums get scouting and survivability, heavies get mobility and firepower, and TDs get scouting and survivability (woulda been nice to have mobility available to TDs).

Bond equipment doesn't have  category slot bonus? Isn't it better(cheaper?) then to use improved bounty equipment in two bonus slots?

2 hours ago, H4NI said:

Bond equipment doesn't have  category slot bonus? Isn't it better(cheaper?) then to use improved bounty equipment in two bonus slots?

Bounty doesn't get a slot bonus either.

For tier 10 its a long grind though, bar some specific cases, it doesnt seem THAT terrible (and does allow some tanks to be sorta `fixed`)

Some choice are hard, aim time vs accuracy? Off-road driving vs faster turning? i doubt i will pick anything there..

On 8/23/2021 at 3:23 PM, sr360 said:

It depends on the class of the tank. You get 2 options, both of which are different from the primary slot. The LTs get mobility and firepower as options. Mediums get scouting and survivability, heavies get mobility and firepower, and TDs get scouting and survivability (woulda been nice to have mobility available to TDs).

Thanks for clarifying this by the way. I guess in some regard at least WG sort of thought through some of those second bonus slots - mobility on TDs would be close to an automatic pick for the majority given IRM is so good for casemate TDs and quite a number would also benefit quite nicely from an improved Turbo. Also noting they avoided giving the firepower slot to Mediums or scouting to Heavies.

In terms of the field modifications, it's good that they put trade-offs so that they're not just flat out improvements, but I will admit that some of them are quite severe to the extent that when I look at them I don't want to use them - for example, on my M48 Patton, through a field modification I would have to choose between losing 3kph top speed or 3% view range. I use turbo on the Patton, so if I want to eek out even more view range, I'm almost putting myself back in the situation as if I didn't have the turbo. Pretty limiting. On the other hand, some are a bit silly and are clear no-brainers (again on the Patton, extra hull and turret traverse speed in return for even more penalties for damaged engine/gun? No brainer here given the existence of re-usable large repair kits).

There's some potential good stuff in here but it feels clunky and kind of unpolished. I also hate the interface because you can't see how much XP you have accumulated on the tank once you enter the field modifications section.

On 8/24/2021 at 2:26 PM, Balthazars said:

On the other hand, some are a bit silly and are clear no-brainers (again on the Patton, extra hull and turret traverse speed in return for even more penalties for damaged engine/gun? No brainer here given the existence of re-usable large repair kits).

And then there is me. A guy who never picked this modification as it has by far the biggest trade off of all modifications. 50% penatly for damaged stuff is huge D:
Even with re-usable repair kits i am scared having such long downtimes :(
But all in all this kind of buff and debuff choices are OK. 

Regarding the second bonus slot. Every heavy can be turned into a heavieum. And for CW the meta will be 907 with boosted Hardening. I mean if you can´t afford to run 15 Chiefs with Turbo slot :P

On 8/24/2021 at 2:26 PM, Balthazars said:

Thanks for clarifying this by the way. I guess in some regard at least WG sort of thought through some of those second bonus slots - mobility on TDs would be close to an automatic pick for the majority given IRM is so good for casemate TDs and quite a number would also benefit quite nicely from an improved Turbo. Also noting they avoided giving the firepower slot to Mediums or scouting to Heavies.

In terms of the field modifications, it's good that they put trade-offs so that they're not just flat out improvements, but I will admit that some of them are quite severe to the extent that when I look at them I don't want to use them - for example, on my M48 Patton, through a field modification I would have to choose between losing 3kph top speed or 3% view range. I use turbo on the Patton, so if I want to eek out even more view range, I'm almost putting myself back in the situation as if I didn't have the turbo. Pretty limiting. On the other hand, some are a bit silly and are clear no-brainers (again on the Patton, extra hull and turret traverse speed in return for even more penalties for damaged engine/gun? No brainer here given the existence of re-usable large repair kits).

There's some potential good stuff in here but it feels clunky and kind of unpolished. I also hate the interface because you can't see how much XP you have accumulated on the tank once you enter the field modifications section.

You can see the exp though, its ofc tiny, but its there:

shot_1023.thumb.jpg.a5c1597bd2902af683d7a9366327575b.jpg