GehakteMolen

Taliban coming to wot, 2x950 on t8, yolo

Just, WTF is this:

https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-tanks/supertest-caliban-tier-viii-british-heavy-tank/

Caliban.png

I assume some sort of event, but what kind of event? (this tank would be stupid even on tier 10...)

I was going to point out all the weird stats this freak of nature has, but I feel like the whole tank can be summed up with the phrase "Wargaming is smoking Opium Cigarettes'"

It's 950 alpha HE though, although 180mm pen is pretty freaking amazing for HE, but with those gun stats you won't be reliably penetrating the HE rounds. The bigger problem, potentially, is the 292-pen AP alternate round with 650 alpha, meaning it can potentially kill some tier 7 heavy tanks with just 2 shots. Even with crappy gun handling, with that level of penetration at the tier, you won't need much aiming to land shots.

But yes, overall just bonkers design.

Funnily enough, things historically wrong with it (compared to the STT design excercise design)

30km/h top speed vs 25mph (~40km/h)

25 shells vs 30

HESH/AP vs just HESH

And 150mm gun vs 160mm.

11 hours ago, Balthazars said:

It's 950 alpha HE though, although 180mm pen is pretty freaking amazing for HE, but with those gun stats you won't be reliably penetrating the HE rounds. The bigger problem, potentially, is the 292-pen AP alternate round with 650 alpha, meaning it can potentially kill some tier 7 heavy tanks with just 2 shots. Even with crappy gun handling, with that level of penetration at the tier, you won't need much aiming to land shots.

But yes, overall just bonkers design.

I would say "poor tier 6's" but there's already enough tier 8 tanks that make life miserable for them, that it doesn't really change anything.

But its also the gun, its an autoreloader it seems, so first shell 30 sec reload, 2e shell 20 sec (50 sec total) and 10 sec ``intra clip``

So you have basically 20 seconds reload, unless you first both rounds, then its 10 sec, but with long reload penalty.

This thing is just WAT, all i can see is this beiing some sort of sturm tiger like event, then the gun makes sorta sense (with HE you can 2 shot enemy Taliban, but unreliable, with the AP, its 99% pen, but not enough to 2 shot him, and for event, the accuracy / aim time are also fine, if they give it T62a soft stats you can derp ppl in the face close range, but you wont be able to snipe (0.6 acc and 7 sec aim time, yolo)

This could work on t9, but would need massive rebalance, on t8, its beyond stupid

Regular ammo pen got buffed to  210mm. My Progetto can't wait to be blessed by RNG  for -1000.

It has to be a special event tank. I can't imagine they are seriously considering this tank. No one who buys this as a prem will be happy. No one who gets hit by this will be happy. It will literally turn 100% of the wot playerbase into Sir Foch during Fochgate.

14 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

It has to be a special event tank. I can't imagine they are seriously considering this tank. No one who buys this as a prem will be happy. No one who gets hit by this will be happy. It will literally turn 100% of the wot playerbase into Sir Foch during Fochgate.

I don't know, this checks all the new premium tank boxes.

• Over tuned statistics
  • Frustrating to play
  • Toxic to fight
  • Gimmick
  • Vastly more effective premium rounds

All we need now is Wargaming to call the gameplay "Dynamic" or say it has "Dynamics" and throw it in a 90 dollar marathon bundle.

3 minutes ago, echo9835 said:

I don't know, this checks all the new premium tank boxes.

• Over tuned statistics
  • Frustrating to play
  • Toxic to fight
  • Gimmick
  • Vastly more effective premium rounds

All we need now is Wargaming to call the gameplay "Dynamic" or say it has "Dynamics" and throw it in a 90 dollar marathon bundle.

Most of the OP prems are either not frustrating (Progetto, 703, LT432, TS-5,) or not THAT frustrating (Skoda, Borat (i'd argue it's rewarding), Defender). 

Also there is overtuned and there is overtuned. Even the biggest moron won't be able to claim there is no issue with it. I've heard some bad things are happening at WG and that they are fully in the "game is dying cash in" mode but I doubt they want this. This would literally be a game ending tank. The levels of shitstorm this will cause would be insane. I know WG are morons but they can't be that stupid. Especially with crew 2.0 already blowing up in their faces. 

Also it's not a RU tank so RU server will probably be less happy about it and even their uber tomatoes will cry.

Honestly don’t even see it as a problem, it will miss shots point blank and is as accurate as an artillery while HE splash is  a lot less effective

I would much rather fight 15 of these things than a mix of Progettos/Borrasques because it’s an artillery without bird’s eye.. I would rather play the Sturer Emil just as is a tier up than this thing

The RNG to make this work is so bad that it’s just going to near impossible levels only to perform as a normal tier 8 and nobody’s going to get around that no matter the player

On 8/23/2021 at 9:02 PM, kolni said:

Honestly don’t even see it as a problem, it will miss shots point blank and is as accurate as an artillery while HE splash is  a lot less effective

I would much rather fight 15 of these things than a mix of Progettos/Borrasques because it’s an artillery without bird’s eye.. I would rather play the Sturer Emil just as is a tier up than this thing

The RNG to make this work is so bad that it’s just going to near impossible levels only to perform as a normal tier 8 and nobody’s going to get around that no matter the player

The problem with this thing is in a large sample of battles regular OP tanks are worse. But when RNG hates you or this tank decides to literally face hug you and blast you, your day is ruined. This is the perfect "Im a stupid pubie I yolo purpl" tank. It's literally the same as WG introducing a mechanic where once every 70-100 battles your tank explodes. Not impactful but annoying and pointless.