Jump to content
Panzergraf

Vz 55 Appreciation Thread

Recommended Posts

This thing is sweet, and well worth the grind.
First autoloader I've enjoyed playing, and even with the single shot gun it's just a more comfortable 277 so playing it stock doesn't even feel like a grind. The double loader is by far the superior gun though.

Enjoy it before it gets nerfed, I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup it’s going to get nerfed really hard in a few patches I think, feels way too strong both playing as and against right now and every time that happens it’s 3 months of being exactly that until enough people spent time on the line to nerf it into unplayable for the foreseeable future 

tier 9 also felt really nice, only have 4 games so far but enjoyed it 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The last thing we needed was the kind of burst and mobility on a HT that would let idiots feed faster and speed up brawls. Their design decisions make no sense! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

When I first played this thing on the Test server I thought that there'd be no way this makes it to the live server without getting nerfed. This is the first tank I've ever hit 4,000 DPG with which says a lot considering it's 200 DPG above my Chief.

Like others have said, this will absolutely get nerfed, I'd assume it'll either take a hit on the intraclip to 2.5 seconds or a 21-22 second reload, or both.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stock t9 suks dik though, and top gun with stock turret gives 1600 dpm, on t9, GG

When i get to t10, its a must buy i think, no way they keep it like this for long

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2021 at 10:22 PM, GehakteMolen said:

Stock t9 suks dik though, and top gun with stock turret gives 1600 dpm, on t9, GG

When i get to t10, its a must buy i think, no way they keep it like this for long

Stock is horrible because it moves like a boat. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Free XP is there so you don't kill yourself playing stock tier 9s.

I need to play this before it gets nerfed, I usually only catch on too late (Type 5, for example).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I spent all my free XP on field mods for other tanks before I realized "Oh, the Czech heavies I wanted are out this patch too"
So I killed myself playing stock tier 7-9 until I had the modules needed to blueprint the next tank. Painful, but worth it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Panzergraf said:

I spent all my free XP on field mods for other tanks before I realized "Oh, the Czech heavies I wanted are out this patch too"
So I killed myself playing stock tier 7-9 until I had the modules needed to blueprint the next tank. Painful, but worth it.

Why would you spend free exp on field mods when you can use normal exp on them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Snoregasm2 said:

Free XP is there so you don't kill yourself playing stock tier 9s.

I need to play this before it gets nerfed, I usually only catch on too late (Type 5, for example).

This line screams out for skills like yours. Sadly, the HT gameplay has moved away from me so much that I don't much enjoy this line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

Why would you spend free exp on field mods when you can use normal exp on them?

Had some tanks with not quite enough XP saved up beforehand, + I had totally forgotten about the Czechs until it was just too late. It wasn't gold converted free XP though, so it's like it cost me money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, sr360 said:

This line screams out for skills like yours. Sadly, the HT gameplay has moved away from me so much that I don't much enjoy this line.

What, because I'm more of a Med player normally? I'm gonna free XP it tonight and play a few games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Snoregasm2 said:

What, because I'm more of a Med player normally? I'm gonna free XP it tonight and play a few games.

Because I've seen you do well in tanks like the Skoda/TVP. This is a fast heavy with a fast spike. You can just do disgusting things in it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sr360 said:

Because I've seen you do well in tanks like the Skoda/TVP. This is a fast heavy with a fast spike. You can just do disgusting things in it.

Yeah I'm generally high on autoloaders - all my first higher tier 3 marks were in them (tvp, Proh 65 etc.).

I played 5 games last night. I'm stil pretty rusty as i've only played FL in the last 3 months or so, but it's definitely got potential. I managed to sidescrape reasonably well, and it's definitely fast for how good it's armour is. Probably small sample size, but arty definitely focused me, maybe because they're already aware it's dangerous + the armour relies on angles, not thickness?

When you blam 2 shots it feels nice. My 5th game was a defeat on Ghost Town, but managed to get a Top Gun through late game clean up, which it will excel at. The clip reload at 19 seconds is fast enough to cheekily reload after your first shot, bait someone on a corner, then do 1,500 damage rather than 1k to their surprise, especially in 1v1s.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, im gonna powergrind this one, i doubt its gonna stay like this long (they wont need a year to nerf it (on ru server it does better as on EU server, so thats good, because wg cares 90% for ru, 9% for eu and 1% for NA)

ps: eu prob earns almost as much as ru server, so would be stupid to kill your cash cow, we also pay EURO, not shitty ruble`s

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been playing the tier IX with the single shot gun. I have now unlocked the auto loader. On paper the auto loader on the tier IX has much worse dpm. Is it worth using the auto loader on the tier IX or just keep going with the single shot?

Last nights session while playing solo with single shot gun. So pretty decent by my modest standards.

unknown.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, arthurwellsley said:

I have been playing the tier IX with the single shot gun. I have now unlocked the auto loader. On paper the auto loader on the tier IX has much worse dpm. Is it worth using the auto loader on the tier IX or just keep going with the single shot?

Last nights session while playing solo with single shot gun. So pretty decent by my modest standards.

unknown.png

keep using the single shot gun, untill you have the top turret, stock turret with 2 shot gun is awefull (almost 30 second reload or so...)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, arthurwellsley said:

I have been playing the tier IX with the single shot gun. I have now unlocked the auto loader. On paper the auto loader on the tier IX has much worse dpm. Is it worth using the auto loader on the tier IX or just keep going with the single shot?

Last nights session while playing solo with single shot gun. So pretty decent by my modest standards.

unknown.png

The autoloader is what makes the tank. If you want a single-shot 440 alpha gun at tier 9, there are far better options (T-10 notably). Similarly, the WZ-111 5A, 277 and IS-7 are both superior to the single-shot Vz.55. 

The key to the Cz heavies is to bang in 2 shots in a limited engagement, then reload. You're not slugging it out shot for shot, you're drawing a shot and smacking 880-980 when you have it, then pulling back to reload. It's about spike, not consistent DPM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, sr360 said:

The autoloader is what makes the tank. If you want a single-shot 440 alpha gun at tier 9, there are far better options (T-10 notably). Similarly, the WZ-111 5A, 277 and IS-7 are both superior to the single-shot Vz.55. 

The key to the Cz heavies is to bang in 2 shots in a limited engagement, then reload. You're not slugging it out shot for shot, you're drawing a shot and smacking 880-980 when you have it, then pulling back to reload. It's about spike, not consistent DPM.

Well, thats so silly, but thats hardly true:

https://tanks.gg/compare/vz-55?l=0000000&t=obj-277~wz-111-5a~is-7

Your gun is better as any of the other 3, your armour is the samish, so is speed, but u get more gun depression...

So even single shot, the t10 is worth it 100% imo

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

Well, thats so silly, but thats hardly true:

https://tanks.gg/compare/vz-55?l=0000000&t=obj-277~wz-111-5a~is-7

Your gun is better as any of the other 3, your armour is the samish, so is speed, but u get more gun depression...

So even single shot, the t10 is worth it 100% imo

 

Have you actually played them all or looked at that comparison you linked? The armor is worse. The penetration is worse than all but the IS-7 (on the premium round, to be clear, which is the only round that matters). The mobility is inferior to the 277. and similar to the 5A. The 277 is a clearly better single-shot package, only conceding gun depression but being much better in all regards. The 5A is most comparable, but that's a mediocre single-shot Tier 10 heavy anyway, so being as good as a bad heavy doesn't mean much. The IS-7 gives up speed, but has screw-off armor. The single-shot Cz heavy is obviously a bottom 50% tier 10 heavy, but is OK enough to grind the autoloader. With the autoloader it becomes fearsome. 

EDIT: and I didn't even bring in the Chief or 260, which though they're 440 alpha tanks, are even better at the single-shot fast heavy role.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, sr360 said:

Have you actually played them all or looked at that comparison you linked? The armor is worse. The penetration is worse than all but the IS-7 (on the premium round, to be clear, which is the only round that matters). The mobility is inferior to the 277. and similar to the 5A. The 277 is a clearly better single-shot package, only conceding gun depression but being much better in all regards. The 5A is most comparable, but that's a mediocre single-shot Tier 10 heavy anyway, so being as good as a bad heavy doesn't mean much. The IS-7 gives up speed, but has screw-off armor. The single-shot Cz heavy is obviously a bottom 50% tier 10 heavy, but is OK enough to grind the autoloader. With the autoloader it becomes fearsome. 

EDIT: and I didn't even bring in the Chief or 260, which though they're 440 alpha tanks, are even better at the single-shot fast heavy role.

Based on forum and some streamers 277 = wz 111-5 more or less (and both beiing good tanks), VZ beiing mostly the same (better armour as Wz-111 prob) its roughly equal to a good normal tx heavy. The extra gun depression is a serious advantage, especially when compared to 277 with its 5,5

Gold ammo might be mweah, but 300 is the new norm it seems, and works mostly fine, except against maus / 279 / e3, then its kinda crappy

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2021 at 12:04 AM, GehakteMolen said:

Based on forum and some streamers 277 = wz 111-5 more or less (and both beiing good tanks), VZ beiing mostly the same (better armour as Wz-111 prob) its roughly equal to a good normal tx heavy. The extra gun depression is a serious advantage, especially when compared to 277 with its 5,5

Gold ammo might be mweah, but 300 is the new norm it seems, and works mostly fine, except against maus / 279 / e3, then its kinda crappy

 

Also, what equipment do you use? Cant use rammer, so V-stab, vents and? i put GLD first to maximum the chance of 2x500 in 2 sec (not have big gun yet) but turbo might also be useful here (especially if u combine with mobility slot (or fire power slot for better v-stab, but also not sure there)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

Also, what equipment do you use? Cant use rammer, so V-stab, vents and? i put GLD first to maximum the chance of 2x500 in 2 sec (not have big gun yet) but turbo might also be useful here (especially if u combine with mobility slot (or fire power slot for better v-stab, but also not sure there)

Pretty much everyone I play with runs Vents/Turbo/VStab, with the vents and turbo slotted 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...