Panzergraf

Vz 55 Appreciation Thread

I got vents/turbo/bond stabs (with the first two slotted) and hardening/vents/bond stabs on mine, but I use the turbo setup most of the time unless I'm sure I won't need the extra mobility.

Did @GehakteMolen really suggest running the tier 10 with single shot, or did I mis-read that? I don't know how anyone can run the single shot, given the 1k dmg in 2 seconds is the number 1 selling point of the tank, and I would argue the best thing about any tech tree tier 10 in the game right now.

@sr360, you were completely right, this tank meshes with me really well. I wasn't sure after the first 4 or 5 games, but after a 5k DPG session yesterday and 4.5k for the week, I'm officially in love with this tank. I've never consistently broken the 4k DPG barrier with any tank (and have been scared to try tbh, hence the low amount of games in Chief and 279(e)), so this is a revelation for me.

9 hours ago, Snoregasm2 said:

Did @GehakteMolen really suggest running the tier 10 with single shot, or did I mis-read that? I don't know how anyone can run the single shot, given the 1k dmg in 2 seconds is the number 1 selling point of the tank, and I would argue the best thing about any tech tree tier 10 in the game right now.

@sr360, you were completely right, this tank meshes with me really well. I wasn't sure after the first 4 or 5 games, but after a 5k DPG session yesterday and 4.5k for the week, I'm officially in love with this tank. I've never consistently broken the 4k DPG barrier with any tank (and have been scared to try tbh, hence the low amount of games in Chief and 279(e)), so this is a revelation for me.

No, more that even if it would only have the single shot gun, its not a bad tank at all, its a Wz-111-5 with more gun depression and better ufp armour.

With the autoloader its way better as any of the other single shot tanks, im 100% sure this is gonna be nerfed and it wont take 3 patches either (all the really op shit always get nerfed in 1 patch**, only rusky tanks sometimes dodge the nerfhammer a bit).

**: Famous examples include: T110E4 and M48, took only 1 patch, Lorraine and Foch took only 1 patch, T69 was nerfed in 1 patch, and so where a bunch others.

That said, 183 (the first version with 275 pen, yolo) was in-game quite some time, same VK-B with retard armour also stayed ages, bobject, T54 with 350 heat (yolo)

So gonna be 50/50 if wg needs 1 patch or 1 year, depends on how it goes on russian server i guess, on EU server its now behind bobject 268, on RU server its still 1% ahead of bobject

ps: on RU server maus is also 3e best tier 10 tank, after Vz-55, 268v4 and manticore, we are thus never gonna get a MAUS buff :(

1 hour ago, GehakteMolen said:

No, more that even if it would only have the single shot gun, its not a bad tank at all, its a Wz-111-5 with more gun depression and better ufp armour.

With the autoloader its way better as any of the other single shot tanks, im 100% sure this is gonna be nerfed and it wont take 3 patches either (all the really op shit always get nerfed in 1 patch**, only rusky tanks sometimes dodge the nerfhammer a bit).

**: Famous examples include: T110E4 and M48, took only 1 patch, Lorraine and Foch took only 1 patch, T69 was nerfed in 1 patch, and so where a bunch others.

That said, 183 (the first version with 275 pen, yolo) was in-game quite some time, same VK-B with retard armour also stayed ages, bobject, T54 with 350 heat (yolo)

So gonna be 50/50 if wg needs 1 patch or 1 year, depends on how it goes on russian server i guess, on EU server its now behind bobject 268, on RU server its still 1% ahead of bobject

ps: on RU server maus is also 3e best tier 10 tank, after Vz-55, 268v4 and manticore, we are thus never gonna get a MAUS buff :(

Ah fair enough mate, I did mis-read you!

Yeah, agreed 100% it will be nerfed, it currently has no real downside beyond a shitty turret.