sr360

sr360's Non-potato games

Chimera loss turned into a draw. Could have been a win, but couldn't find arty in time.

OK boys, enough low tiers. The marathon has brought me back to high tiers, and I have a quartet of fun games. An STB-1 game where I show off its insane DPM with improved equipment, a T-100 8k spotting game. And just to top myself, I then roll out two games where I break my personal spotting record twice in the space of a few games (13K then almost 15k). @PityFool here are the games you asked for.

A monster Type 62 game, an LT-432 Ace and a Bourrasque platoon carry for today.

6 hours ago, sr360 said:

My highest XP Bourrasque game to date, regrettably on a loss...

Reveal hidden contents

I tried so hard and got so far but in the end failed to pen and facehug the KT.

37 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

I tried so hard and got so far but in the end failed to pen and facehug the KT.

We both messed up... I shoulda gone the other way

On 12/28/2020 at 5:01 PM, sr360 said:

My highest XP Bourrasque game to date, regrettably on a loss...

Reveal hidden contents

Interesting game. The RNG of the gun is always a problem. I am pretty sure you would have kept forrest side fine if you clipped out that forward CS when it was 5-7. Then you would have kept that kemping dude at A0 alive
and he could have helped you finish off forrest.
CS was extremely fortunate and right after you lost 2/3 of HP pool.
Nice endgame play,though, and many fine kills.
Imagine having 100% HP there. Often needed, that gun is fukin trollish.
Possibly Tiger 2 deserved first shot of final clip with full side and gun pointing straight on you
if you were to shoot. I reckon you were a little hyped up there. I believe you could have moved a little forward, getting also the Tiger 2 bushed and then smack him

5 hours ago, ProxyCentauri said:

Interesting game. The RNG of the gun is always a problem. I am pretty sure you would have kept forrest side fine if you clipped out that forward CS when it was 5-7. Then you would have kept that kemping dude at A0 alive
and he could have helped you finish off forrest.
CS was extremely fortunate and right after you lost 2/3 of HP pool.
Nice endgame play,though, and many fine kills.
Imagine having 100% HP there. Often needed, that gun is fukin trollish.
Possibly Tiger 2 deserved first shot of final clip with full side and gun pointing straight on you
if you were to shoot. I reckon you were a little hyped up there. I believe you could have moved a little forward, getting also the Tiger 2 bushed and then smack him

Yeah, that's what Crab also said -- I could have double bushed to the KT and IS-M and clipped the KT first. I could have also gone the other side which has a safer exit and also has clean shots. The adrenaline was pumping hard there, no doubt, and a couple of small mistakes threw away a potentially huge win.

I get wanting to better yourself and even showing off good games like this.. but we got to quit encouraging people to hide behind there whole team and running to the corner to be the last to die just to get an extra few shots in.. It's sad that the latest trend is to play a lite tank like the Hwk, and get zero spots in and zero spotting damage is not good but quite the opposite. I have had several games in the last 2 days where "purple players" are not playing the role designed for their tank, but rather fucking their whole team over by hiding behind them to get 2k damage in a lite tank...

I am calling out triarthrus_spinosus who just did 2141 damage in his HWK 30, with zero spots and zero spotting damage, and was the last to die using our last arty and td as shields instead of spotting for them.

To clarify this is noting against Unato or those trying to get purple but I do think we need to revamp the importance of damage over spotting and assisted damage, and I hope that posting here might gains some traction on this obvious flaw in becoming a purple player. 

Purple should mean good, as in the ability to tank, not hide in the back and take snipe shots at the cost your team.

On 2/1/2021 at 11:39 PM, Taimer said:

I get wanting to better yourself and even showing off good games like this.. but we got to quit encouraging people to hide behind there whole team and running to the corner to be the last to die just to get an extra few shots in.. It's sad that the latest trend is to play a lite tank like the Hwk, and get zero spots in and zero spotting damage is not good but quite the opposite. I have had several games in the last 2 days where "purple players" are not playing the role designed for their tank, but rather fucking their whole team over by hiding behind them to get 2k damage in a lite tank...

I am calling out triarthrus_spinosus who just did 2141 damage in his HWK 30, with zero spots and zero spotting damage, and was the last to die using our last arty and td as shields instead of spotting for them.

To clarify this is noting against Unato or those trying to get purple but I do think we need to revamp the importance of damage over spotting and assisted damage, and I hope that posting here might gains some traction on this obvious flaw in becoming a purple player. 

Purple should mean good, as in the ability to tank, not hide in the back and take snipe shots at the cost your team.

Are you sure you're in the right place? Or did you miss all the 10k spotting games I posted?

On 2/2/2021 at 8:39 AM, Taimer said:

'Hide behind your whole team' - dude, you think you get 10k spotting by 'hiding behind your whole team'? You got any understanding of game mechanics at all?

Imagine being so butthurt about a single game that you go out of your way to post on someone's replay page about "camping/sniping purples not even that good at winning hurr-durr"

I take this back. This guy is even more retarded than I realised.

sr360,please keep it up, this pleb has learnt lots watching all your recent scout replays.

Im in the right spot, and I think your game was awesome and your wn8 should reflect that. My point was that the current wn8 focuses on damage and not on spotting. A lite tank that doesn't spot should not get a good wn8. I haven't had a 10k but i have had a few 4k at tier 7 and 8 but with no damage my wn8 was still red for those games, yet as I pointed out Trihards can hide and do zero spotting and get purple results... I did say this had nothing to do with your game play, in fact this is what a lite should do.. I just want to call attention to the fact that the community's idea of a good player is the one who does the most damage... A lite tank that spots 10k should be considered better player than one who does 2k damage hiding behind tds and arty.. same goes for the heavy tank, who holds his ground.. spots and blocks shots should come into account, too many of todays wantabe purple players think they are good because they hit run hide using there team to better their stats. Its better to let a flank fall and let 2 or 3 of your team mates die as long as I can get safe and snipe another 900 damage before we lose. Than it is to fight and hold your ground maybe killing 3 tanks and giving you team a chance to win. I get it if your doing purple damage it means your killing the other team, but if your full health tank at the end of the game using your last 3 team mates to spot, your not good your just an asshole who thinks they are.

example, in my hawk30 yesterday, did 1715 dmg 349 spotting 280 dmg tracking with zero spots my wn8 3095. yet a few battles earlier, lt432 I did 286 dmg 2368 spotting 0 tracking dmg  with 3 spots and 33 cap points for a wn8 of 316.. so as a scout I ask is it better I spot tanks and allow my team to shoot or is it better that do zero spotting and snipe... Current wn8 says better to hide and shoot than to spot and not shoot. their both tier 8 lite tanks with almost similar damage totals 2344 (purple) and 2654 (red). That's a 300 damage difference but a 2700 wn8 difference, where the lesser team damage is purple and best team play resulted in red stats.

if Match maker was set up to use current wn8 to match players of similar wn8 against each other, the purple players stats would drop drastically because they all be hiding behind each other no one willing to take a hit or spot for the other.. they all be in A1 and K0 bitching.

5 hours ago, Taimer said:

Im in the right spot, and I think your game was awesome and your wn8 should reflect that. My point was that the current wn8 focuses on damage and not on spotting. A lite tank that doesn't spot should not get a good wn8. I haven't had a 10k but i have had a few 4k at tier 7 and 8 but with no damage my wn8 was still red for those games, yet as I pointed out Trihards can hide and do zero spotting and get purple results... I did say this had nothing to do with your game play, in fact this is what a lite should do.. I just want to call attention to the fact that the community's idea of a good player is the one who does the most damage... A lite tank that spots 10k should be considered better player than one who does 2k damage hiding behind tds and arty.. same goes for the heavy tank, who holds his ground.. spots and blocks shots should come into account, too many of todays wantabe purple players think they are good because they hit run hide using there team to better their stats. Its better to let a flank fall and let 2 or 3 of your team mates die as long as I can get safe and snipe another 900 damage before we lose. Than it is to fight and hold your ground maybe killing 3 tanks and giving you team a chance to win. I get it if your doing purple damage it means your killing the other team, but if your full health tank at the end of the game using your last 3 team mates to spot, your not good your just an asshole who thinks they are.

example, in my hawk30 yesterday, did 1715 dmg 349 spotting 280 dmg tracking with zero spots my wn8 3095. yet a few battles earlier, lt432 I did 286 dmg 2368 spotting 0 tracking dmg  with 3 spots and 33 cap points for a wn8 of 316.. so as a scout I ask is it better I spot tanks and allow my team to shoot or is it better that do zero spotting and snipe... Current wn8 says better to hide and shoot than to spot and not shoot. their both tier 8 lite tanks with almost similar damage totals 2344 (purple) and 2654 (red). That's a 300 damage difference but a 2700 wn8 difference, where the lesser team damage is purple and best team play resulted in red stats.

if Match maker was set up to use current wn8 to match players of similar wn8 against each other, the purple players stats would drop drastically because they all be hiding behind each other no one willing to take a hit or spot for the other.. they all be in A1 and K0 bitching.

Apologies to @sr360 for mucking in his thread.

But you know - maybe we should take this out on the WN8 developers. Force them to run only manual fire extinguishers? Or dismiss their crews? WN8 is clearly the illuminati - it literally is telling you how to play your tank! Oh I have a better idea- what is WG took WN8 (which is open source) and used it to develop their own rankings! That'd show those WN8 whores who is boss! And then...WG could add in spotting! And apply it over a time period where they actually tracked stat totals over time! Then we'd never have to hear from those WN8 purple scum ever again! Oh - and here's another idea - WG could make a Ranked mode to match those players against each other - or maybe some kind of war between the clans? Or team battles or maybe some kind of Skirmish? These are amazing ideas dude. 

On 2/2/2021 at 8:39 AM, Taimer said:

You clearly have literally zero understanding of how any game that involves teamplay works whatsoever, when your teammates are literal garbage (which a minimum of 11 will be every game on your team in this game) you need to play around their weakness. There is no teamplay. It's making use of teammate fuck ups. Anything goes in combat. WoT is a knifefight, not a team game. It's PVE, despite the notion that it isn't. The only thing you can influence is your gameplay, and when (and it's always a matter of when, not if) your team goes full ape the best outcome is to stall it out to cut your losses. 

The only way to actually get to 70%WR is by doing this very thing you are arguing aganist, or triple platooning. I know, because I did. I'm probably further behind my teammates than your average unicum but my impact is pretty much double anyway. Know why? Committing means all or nothing, and keeping your options open is how you can continue to positively influence the game - even after it's decidedly lost. I consider many games lost right at countdown because of matchmaking, and I have never used XVM. Composition decides your best course of action and sometimes you are dealt a really shitty hand. SR is great at making use of a bad hand. I've reviewed his replays and while there are things to improve on - there are things he does better than players considerably better than him by many margins. The most notable one is probably never giving up like so, so many players do when all seems lost. It's probably still lost, but you can either go down swinging or get down on your knees because you're never going to improve.

Playing for WN8 and playing for wins aren't as far apart as you make it out to be, winning game states lead to better games. Snowballing is a concept for a reason and when that snowball is running towards you - you fall back to stalling. This applies to prety much every game ever created and not understanding it is a very fatal flaw you have in your gameplay just by typing these words out.