sr360

sr360's Non-potato games

22 hours ago, sr360 said:

Tight game! Man, haven't heard Garbad's name in ages, but smiled seeing him in game. Do you ever actually use the budget siege mode in this thing? Only for back line defense? 

11 hours ago, Expendable_Lad said:

Tight game! Man, haven't heard Garbad's name in ages, but smiled seeing him in game. Do you ever actually use the budget siege mode in this thing? Only for back line defense? 

Yes, pretty much, or for long range shots where I need the accuracy and don't think I'll get another shot soon. Crab uses it much better than I do, especially when he runs it with stealth mode.

Here's a VK spotting game featuring our very own @PityFool

Continuing my quest to camo trick out every tier 10 medium...

On 3/14/2022 at 7:25 PM, sr360 said:

Man - I really relate to that "where's the next play" after the initial movements. You can often create it with a platoon, but need to suss it out more as a solo LT. 

Gotta admire that AE taking himself out of the game to blind bushes for 5 mins. 

On 2/25/2022 at 1:10 AM, sr360 said:

More light tank goodness...

OK - how do you dig out the ELC camping bush across the ravine. Did this exact same early pass. Got lit. Knew where he was. Ask team to blindfire. They act like normal pubbies and don't do anything. I wait, peek up to light north. Get some lights, but ultimately am limited by the unlit 49%er. Any quick counters if pubbies arent blindfiring?

On 3/16/2022 at 8:33 AM, Expendable_Lad said:

Man - I really relate to that "where's the next play" after the initial movements. You can often create it with a platoon, but need to suss it out more as a solo LT. 

Gotta admire that AE taking himself out of the game to blind bushes for 5 mins. 

As I've become better at LT plays, I've realized that the opening play is an easy one to learn: there are certain bushes and spots/runs on certain maps that are obvious opening plays in most cases (depending on opposition of course: an EBR can deny you some of those spots for example). The second play is a lot trickier, because it depends on reading the map, either progressing a side if warranted, or playing defense on another side. It's that second move that a number of players struggle with. All too often I see an LT get spotted going to the bush on Mali, then try to go to that bush 2 more times, for example. He has no other play. Hopefully through these LT videos I can show some of those possible second plays, gleaned through platooning with other very good LT players or through sheer dumb luck.

On 3/16/2022 at 11:35 AM, Expendable_Lad said:

OK - how do you dig out the ELC camping bush across the ravine. Did this exact same early pass. Got lit. Knew where he was. Ask team to blindfire. They act like normal pubbies and don't do anything. I wait, peek up to light north. Get some lights, but ultimately am limited by the unlit 49%er. Any quick counters if pubbies arent blindfiring?

An ELC is hard, since it's tiny and really only spottable by proxy. You basically have to blind it via pubbie whispering/platoons. There are spots where you can exit back and safely blind him out, but it's not easy.

7 hours ago, sr360 said:

The play-by-plays are definitely enhanced by the snark. Special mention to the M-V heavy berating as he leaves heavy spawn, heads into valley, and climbs back into the east ridge on Westfield. 
My LT games on westfield have a ways to go: fear of active scouting and not understanding where the right bushes on the slops are from both sides is dogging me. Thanks for posting up.